How To Turn A Profit Off Of Russian Sanctions...

Vastator

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2014
I should have bought more of these years ago...
Screenshot_20230408_093748_eBay.jpg

One old codger wants it more than the next old codger.
Ahh... Forbidden fruit. I have 2 of these I bought back in 2002, because I like tigers. And I'll sell both to anyone willing to pay me this price. Fucking nuts! I myself am a fan of Chinese Pandas. They typically come in 30 gram tokens, or "coins". Which is 1.65 grams more than the Wests 1 oz.

Russia is literally dumping its gold on the market these days. Of course its doing so through third party countries at a hugely discounted price....because of the sanctions.
As well as anything else of value trying to support the Ruble and let it keep some of its value.

But currently the Ruble is at 80 and falling. It's going to take some emergency measures to get it back up at this point....like withdrawing from Ukraine.

All of Russia's "partners" have been taking advantage of Russia in their time of self-made "crisis". The list includes China and Iran and even Venezuela and even some Republicans.....just because they hate all Democrats so much they are eager to subvert American foreign policy.

Gold bullion is a better investment than some "stamping" ever could be. Russian or Francs or Mark's or Lira or even Pandas (I'd check the purity of Pandas before I'd touch any batch)

So many fraud schemes exist with gold its rather comical at this point....plus with the trading on the stock market...they have created by volatility and short selling more Gold than even exists.

By my calculations gold should be much higher than it is. But it's not. And it's not going to be until the manipulative rigging is removed from the market. Especially naked shorts. Let's let shorts be covered in 3 days completely clean before you can short again. That will definitely help the market. But....then again you have very powerful people dead set against this.

Gold is about $2000 an ounce but this thing is $4000? What makes it worth double?
It's a 1996 gold commemorative coin. Most coins as they age, depending on what they commemorate, usually go up in value, that price is no surprise.

Russia is literally dumping its gold on the market these days. Of course its doing so through third party countries at a hugely discounted price....because of the sanctions.
As well as anything else of value trying to support the Ruble and let it keep some of its value.

But currently the Ruble is at 80 and falling. It's going to take some emergency measures to get it back up at this point....like withdrawing from Ukraine.

All of Russia's "partners" have been taking advantage of Russia in their time of self-made "crisis". The list includes China and Iran and even Venezuela and even some Republicans.....just because they hate all Democrats so much they are eager to subvert American foreign policy.

Gold bullion is a better investment than some "stamping" ever could be. Russian or Francs or Mark's or Lira or even Pandas (I'd check the purity of Pandas before I'd touch any batch)

So many fraud schemes exist with gold its rather comical at this point....plus with the trading on the stock market...they have created by volatility and short selling more Gold than even exists.

By my calculations gold should be much higher than it is. But it's not. And it's not going to be until the manipulative rigging is removed from the market. Especially naked shorts. Let's let shorts be covered in 3 days completely clean before you can short again. That will definitely help the market. But....then again you have very powerful people dead set against this.
I'd tend to disagree. I've seen no legitimate assaying of Pandas that put them in doubt. I'd equally disagree about gold being undervalued. I find according to historical trends; that silver is undervalued, and gold to be currently grossly over inflated. Throughout history gold has on average traded 7-10/1 with silver.

Gold is about $2000 an ounce but this thing is $4000? What makes it worth double?
It's jewelry and that's never a good investment. It's always priced at about 200% of it's gold value. Quite unbelievable anybody woudn't know that!

I'd tend to disagree. I've seen no legitimate assaying of Pandas that put them in doubt. I'd equally disagree about gold being undervalued. I find according to historical trends; that silver is undervalued, and gold to be currently grossly over inflated. Throughout history gold has on average traded 7-10/1 with silver.

OK....it's just that I've been watching the market through several "rule changes" over the decades.

Let's put it this way....the GameStop debacle of a few years ago is a prime example.

Hedge funds began shorting this stock heavily driving the price down.

Price is a reflection of demand and availability. So when availability is at 160%-300% of true supply (company had issued 100k shares but 300k were being actively held)....this price is not reflective of true value any longer. (The exercising of options then created a reverse over valuation when supply was inversely proportional to demand....those selling options had to buy shares to make good on those options and there was none to be had)

The same is true of gold.

OK....it's just that I've been watching the market through several "rule changes" over the decades.

Let's put it this way....the GameStop debacle of a few years ago is a prime example.

Hedge funds began shorting this stock heavily driving the price down.

Price is a reflection of demand and availability. So when availability is at 160%-300% of true supply (company had issued 100k shares but 300k were being actively held)....this price is not reflective of true value any longer. (The exercising of options then created a reverse over valuation when supply was inversely proportional to demand....those selling options had to buy shares to make good on those options and there was none to be had)

The same is true of gold.
Trading unpossesed "futures" is a totally different game than stacking. That's more like playing the market for "shorts", with no intention of possession. Rather than taking physical metals into possession. Both can be profitable. But they are two very different games...

Trading unpossesed "futures" is a totally different game than stacking. That's more like playing the market for "shorts", with no intention of possession. Rather than taking physical metals into possession. Both can be profitable. But they are two very different games...
Stacking fees are 5% both directions....needing higher changes in price in a volatile market.
BTW I did see a "gas tank" in the VIX recently....meaning stacking has a shot at making a nickel in the near future.

Forum List

Back