How would a slave know what the truth is.

fortify

Rookie
May 4, 2022
Keep in mind that it would be the master of the slave who told the slave what is true or not. Without a doubt this "truth" would be for the benefit of the master. So how would a slave know what is really true? Well if the master didn't allow the slave to say it, then almost certainly that would be the actual truth. And there is much that I haven't been allowed to say around here. Let alone debate. This abuses you as much as it does me. How does that make you feel.

Keep in mind that it would be the master of the slave who told the slave what is true or not. Without a doubt this "truth" would be for the benefit of the master. So how would a slave know what is really true? Well if the master didn't allow the slave to say it, then almost certainly that would be the actual truth. And there is much that I haven't been allowed to say around here. Let alone debate. This abuses you as much as it does me. How does that make you feel.
b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

May the 4th be with you . . .

. . . and also with you

. . . and you,

and you too . . .

Keep in mind that it would be the master of the slave who told the slave what is true or not. Without a doubt this "truth" would be for the benefit of the master. So how would a slave know what is really true? Well if the master didn't allow the slave to say it, then almost certainly that would be the actual truth. And there is much that I haven't been allowed to say around here. Let alone debate. This abuses you as much as it does me.

How does that make you feel.

Like Moses A"H...

Slave's kid adopted by Pharaoh who liberated fellow slaves.

Last edited:
LOL....Family lore has it that when my ancestor's slave Buck read in the paper (he was taught how to read, write, and do sums due to his job) that the war was over he asked my ancestor if he was free and showed him the paper. My ancestor read it and told him it looks like it and that was it. Done and done. Union troops had came through there a month or so prior and said he was free but he did not believe them.

Buck asked if he could go and find him a wife and come back and work for wages, was given the OK, and came back a month or so later with one.....The worked there (grist mill/general store) and as a stone mason till he passed. He's buried in the old family graveyard along with his wife who passed before him....His little two story stone house still stands.

• Banned
LOL....Family lore has it that when my ancestor's slave Buck read in the paper (he was taught how to read, write, and do sums due to his job) that the war was over he asked my ancestor if he was free and showed him the paper. My ancestor read it and told him it looks like it and that was it. Done and done. Union troops had came through there a month or so prior and said he was free but he did not believe them.

Buck asked if he could go and find him a wife and come back and work for wages, was given the OK, and came back a month or so later with one.....The worked there (grist mill/general store) and as a stone mason till he passed. He's buried in the old family graveyard along with his wife who passed before him....His little two story stone house still stands.

Interesting story. But does it have a point?

Forum List

Back