Principles

If they aren't consistent, they aren't worth professing to have.

That's my philosophy.

Makes negotiations a bit harder, because when your principles are consistent it limits compromise.

One person may not have a problem with their own principles, whatever they may be, but that doesn't make it easier for other people to accept.
This is especially important in situations where someone else will try to beat you to death with a misrepresentation of what your actual principles are ...
Then use your refusal to compromise as a reason to dismiss your concerns.

I favor principles over compromise in guidance, but also lack a lot of situations that would require a compromise anyway, so it is convenient.

Makes negotiations a bit harder, because when your principles are consistent it limits compromise.

One person may not have a problem with their own principles, whatever they may be, but that doesn't make it easier for other people to accept.
This is especially important in situations where someone else will try to beat you to death with a misrepresentation of what your actual principles are ...

I favor principles over compromise in guidance, but also lack a lot of situations that would require a compromise anyway, so it is convenient.

My philosophy is stay away from people who will not negotiate or compromise. They are not good people and usually big liars.

The key in life is to be able to size up people quickly. It is so simple yet a lot can't

I can never tell if you're trolling me or not. :)

But, yeah. Agreed.

My philosophy is stay away from people who will not negotiate or compromise. They are not good people and usually big liars.

The key in life is to be able to size up people quickly. It is so simple yet a lot can't

I actually have no problem with you compromising your principles.
It's possible we may actually get along.

I don't really care about one's principles specifically. All I really expect is consistency. It's not much to ask if one wants to be taken seriously.

We aren't compromising crap ... I just said I would respect your desire to compromise.
We can work together that way and accomplish great things ... :auiqs.jpg:

I guess money is the biggest compromise of principles. Followed by sex and bribes and down the line

In the age of identity politics, precious few people have any sort of actual ideology, much less follow any principles.

All they know is that they have been trained to see people according to the tribe they are in and react accordingly.

Principals rarely survive difficult circumstances. In times of crisis, fear and want will make just about anyone abandon a consistent set of rules. Tribalism is the default behavior of humans under stress. The in-group gets fairness and everyone else gets screwed.

Principals rarely survive difficult circumstances. In times of crisis, fear and want will make just about anyone abandon a consistent set of rules. Tribalism is the default behavior of humans under stress. The in-group gets fairness and everyone else gets screwed.

It's easy to abandon your principles, if the principles you are holding are unsustainable at best.
That in no way identifies any difficulty others may have sustaining principles that are establish in a more solid foundation.

Having a great idea, in no way ensures your ability to make anything it requires, actually happen.
That's why it is important to have consistent principles and let them guide your decision process.

It's easy to abandon your principles, if the principles you are holding are unsustainable at best.
That in no way identifies any difficulty others may have sustaining principles that are establish in a more solid foundation.

Having a great idea, in no way ensures your ability to make anything it requires, actually happen.
That's why it is important to have consistent principles and let them guide your decision process.

Partisanship is the antithesis of having consistent principals. You abandon principal every time you sort people into two groups and harshly judge just one of them.

Partisanship is the antithesis of having consistent principals. You abandon principal every time you sort people into two groups and harshly judge just one of them.

If one sees partisanship as a principle, or worth having,
then they should not be surprised if and when they find that principle, or lack thereof, is unsustainable.
To disagree with someone in principle on a matter that may be partisan, does not mean the person's principle is partisanship.

If one finds themselves struggling with the consistency of their principles, it is a product of one of two causes.
The first being the sustainability of the principle the person holds ...
The second being the inability of the person to sustain the principle because they lack the character necessary to do so.

I feel that partisanship tends to be more devoid of principles altogether ...
Much like compromise if one chooses to compromise their core principles.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back