🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How would the Republican Party justify this?

Do you remember when the press lied and said that President Trump said that some white supremacists were "very fine people"?
I don't know about that. I'd have thought people supporting monuments to white supremacists were white supremacists.

Your ignorant opinion on that, does not change the fact that the media lied so much that they created a false narrative.

And that was ONE example. That shows the practical and ethical need for ANY alternative, even a government one.

Let's pretend that we wasted several days with you insisting that that was an isolated incident, and I countered that silly idea with example after example.

And skip to the next step, where you try to change the subject.

Your problem is that trump did actually say that the white nationalists are very fine people. The media didn't make that up. In fact, the media doesn't make things up. They get things wrong from time to time but they don't make things up. At least not the legitimate media.

Just because you don't want to believe it doesn't mean it's not true.

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People on Both Sides' - The Atlantic

Trump was also quoted as saying "But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me,”...

The actual protest was about removing Confederate statues. The "white nationalists" just showed up which their freedom to do.

Why do liberals lie about everything?

Do you remember when the press lied and said that President Trump said that some white supremacists were "very fine people"?
I don't know about that. I'd have thought people supporting monuments to white supremacists were white supremacists.

Your ignorant opinion on that, does not change the fact that the media lied so much that they created a false narrative.

And that was ONE example. That shows the practical and ethical need for ANY alternative, even a government one.

Let's pretend that we wasted several days with you insisting that that was an isolated incident, and I countered that silly idea with example after example.

Your problem is that trump did actually say that the white nationalists are very fine people. The media didn't make that up. In fact, the media doesn't make things up. They get things wrong from time to time but they don't make things up. At least not the legitimate media.

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People on Both Sides' - The Atlantic

Trump was also quoted as saying "But not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me,”...

The actual protest was about removing Confederate statues. The "white nationalists" just showed up which their freedom to do.

It is the liberal nature to lie about everything.

THe President explicitly and clearly and very strongly stated that he comment was NOT about white supremacists.
do you have a link or video of him explicitly saying that... and not reneging it, the next day?

Of course. I've posted it on this site many times, and here I go again, because the media lying, is more powerful than the truth.

Full text: Trump’s comments on white supremacists, ‘alt-left’ in Charlottesville

..."you had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly. Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people, but you also had troublemakers and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets and with the baseball bats – you had a lot of bad people in the other group too...."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

uhhhh, NO.... that isn't how it works.....

And President Trump would not need any of this if he would simply answer the press when they ask him for his comment on the news stories they do....

Every single news article written, he or his staff or someone in the admin press office is shown their article BEFORE IT GOES TO PRINT and asked if they want to comment or clarify their news story and THE Trump Team NEVER DO COMMENT..... the only administration that I know of that never gives their take?? It's baffling that they do not want their side or view be shown to all of the American people????

The only reason I can think of is if they do give comment like all other administrations, Trump thinks he then can't call it FAKE NEWS...... how petty and immature can you get?

Your pretense that the media is not the problem, would be laughable, if it were not so disgusting.

He said just that in trying to cover for his white supremacist base

Sure. All 8k of them.

You fucking asshole.
the ''some fine people on both sides'' was a dog whistle praise for the white supremacists and neo nazis...... it may not be what President Trump meant, but the white supremacists most certainly took it that way by what they were posting right after he said it.... And President Trump would not clarify of who he meant...
It’s what Trump meant.

And Trump is as usual wrong – there are no white supremacists or neo-Nazis who are ‘fine people.’

It is not what TRump meant. He explicitly stated that he was not referring to white supremacists when he said that.

YOu are a vile liar, actively working to tear this nation apart and inflame racial tension.

"..they were people protesting very quietly, the taking down the statue of Robert E. Lee. I’m sure in that group there were some bad ones. The following day, it looked like they had some rough, bad people, neo-Nazis, white nationalists, whatever you want to call ‘em. But you had a lot of people in that group that were there to innocently protest and very legally protest,.."

it would no longer be A FREE PRESS, where they can report on whatever they want, whenever they want....

it would be spitting in the face of our founders who knew the need for a FREE from GOVERNMENT PRESS, so much so that they gave constitutional protection to them...

we would be like Russia, or Saudi Arabia, or North Korea where the gvt controls the press and only tells us government propaganda and not the truth....

THAT'S WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT.

jimminee cricket, this abomination in the oval office needs to go somewhere else.... get out of the USA....

Moscow has plenty of fans of his, where he could live happily ever after!!!
as an "old school" journalist, we're far from "free press" today anyway. what most are doing are opinions, not news. when headlines are written to get clicks and stories are written to tell you how to feel, that is NOT news. that is force feeding your opinion on people and calling it your right to do so.

this is NOT to say i want to do away with it, but "journalists" need to quit making themselves the story and go back to reporting it. they need to stop saying that someone bitching about someone/something is news when what they're bitching about is NOT news. it also seems this is just trump saying flippant shit at the drop of a hat again. if they want to put up a tv station like NPR, go for it. i simply don't care. if they tell others they must stop reporting on issues, then yes i'd have issues with it.

also - i don't feel the press can or should be able to report whatever they want, whenever they want. they have a responsibility given to them by the constitution to provide news, not their personal agendas as we've long since crossed that line in most major media outlets. the media needs to be reeled in but they need to do it on their own and *we the people* need to quit taking their hate-bait and relearn to think for ourselves and stop pummeling each other with headlines and twitter tidbits.

as long as they don't stop the rest of the "free press" then what difference does it make?

Here is what the Atlantic said that Trump said.

President Trump defended the white nationalists who protested in Charlottesville on Tuesday, saying they included “some very fine people,”

Here is what he actually said.

Full text: Trump’s comments on white supremacists, ‘alt-left’ in Charlottesville

"TRUMP: Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.

REPORTER: George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same.

TRUMP: Oh no, George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down – excuse me. Are we going to take down, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him? Okay, good. Are we going to take down his statue? He was a major slave owner. Are we going to take down his statue? You know what? It’s fine, you’re changing history, you’re changing culture, and you had people – and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally – but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly."

The Unite the Right Rally was advertised dishonestly, with the intent of attracting people who were NOT white supremacists, to give the illusion of a large turnout of white supremacists.

Many people showed up, who were NOT white supremacists and those were the people that Trump was clearly referring to.

Only a drooling moron, or a vile liar could read the above transcripts and claim that Trump was defending white supremacists.

I'm sure I'd be able to respond if I could work out what you're blathering about.

Or just play stupid. Got it.

LIke I said, the media lied so much, it created a false narrative that is defining our society and deciding elections.

Because on some level, they know that their beliefs are wrong. Yet they hold to them.

Forum List

Back