How would you reform immigration?

Any child born here and the parents not legal citizens, DEPORTED along with their parent.

Seems like a lot of folks like to beat their chests about this, but I don't see any concerted efforts at amending the Constitution underway.

Any child born here and the parents not legal citizens, DEPORTED along with their parent.

Seems like a lot of folks like to beat their chests about this, but I don't see any concerted efforts at amending the Constitution underway.

until we get a president how cares about this country....and not votes, you wont be hearing it.

until we get a president how cares about this country....and not votes, you wont be hearing it.

You don't need the President to be behind it to advance such a change.

Our policy must be PRO legal and anti-illegal. Most importantly give the entire world a chance to get in line and not so much one part of it.

China 1/7th of the world = 1/7th of the new citizens
India 1/7th of the world = 1/7th of the new citizens
Europe 1/14th of the world = 1/14th of the new citizens
Africa 1/7th of the world = 1/7th of the new citizens

This is fair...

Our policy must be PRO legal and anti-illegal. Most importantly give the entire world a chance to get in line and not so much one part of it.

This is fair...

fair to whom?

quotas only make things worse. Immigration should be based on what the immigrant can offer to THIS country....not what WE can offer them.

How about

must be hold a degree,
must have a needed skill or job lined up
must must be wealthy or at least have enough money not to need public assistance.
must speak English
must not come from a country that hates us
must be willing to serve in the military
must not be a criminal.
must be an adult
must not have children.

and everyone get in line. The more desirable qualities you have the higher you are on the list.

How about

must be hold a degree,
must have a needed skill or job lined up
must must be wealthy or at least have enough money not to need public assistance.
must speak English
must not come from a country that hates us
must be willing to serve in the military
must not be a criminal.
must be an adult
must not have children.

I understand this topic makes a lot of people emotional, but do you really think every item on your list is practical?

This is fair...
This may be fair, but not very practical. The main objective in immigration is to seek talented individuals who can help us in specific areas where we lack skilled workers. These individuals would need to speak English so as to not add an extra burden in providing them with language training. I would focus on countries that are our friends like England, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland ...etc).

We would not have an immigration problem now if our current laws would be simply enforced.

1. Secure the Border
2. Deport all Illegals
3. Moratorium on all immigration for 5-7 years, depending on economic conditions at the time.
4. Restrict Immigration to a maximum of 100,000 a year(changes year to year based on varying economic factors)
5. Restrict Immigration to Europe, Russia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa(Afrikaner refugees), Argentina, Uruguay, and those of Caucasian/European heritage from other nations not mentioned(primarily the Christians of the Caucasus and the Levant and Whites from Latin America)

I know there would have to be more detail in the plan, but these would be the broad strokes of a plan I could support.

I would round up every illegal for immediate deportation. Out of the schools, colleges, hospitals and nursing homes.
Parents with American born children can take them or leave them for adoption.

Create chain gangs of prisoners to work the fields. The state can use the money the farmers pay for the workers.

Anyone except someone who entered illegally can apply for legal admission if they speak english and have a necessary skill.
Good points. Aside from having a necessary skill for which there is a shortage of skilled workers, and have a good knowledge of the English language, I would also ensure that these individuals are not applying from terror sponsoring countries, and that they have "no" criminal record from their countries of origin. Anyone who was previously caught illegally in the country would not be admissible.
I would also maintain the current fast tracking of individuals who have extraordinary abilities or talent (pro athletes, TV celebrities/actors, company CEOs or presidents ...etc).

Another provision that currently exists, and should be maintained is to allow any outsider who is legally in the U.S. on a student visa studying medicine at a U.S. college the right to acquire a Green Card upon successful completion of the program. We definitely do not want to lose any doctors, especially those that are U.S. trained. Of course they would still need to undergo the usual background checks to make sure there is no criminal past and no links to terrorism. The background checks would be a formality since these individuals would need to undergo those same checks prior to being issued the student visa in the first place.

Sorry, TV celebrities/actors, pro athletes, etc do not exemplify desirable immigrants. Let's try doctors, physicists, mathematicians, etc.

Actually...syrenn's number eight I don't 100% agree with. If they are older than 40, know the laws of the land, speak english, have savings or are retired and have money to support themselves, go thru the steps to become citizens, are not felons,....then no age limit over 40.

It is quite the thing here to bring over "the family" which includes ancient grandma and grandpa.... who will never learn the language, learn the laws, or work a day in their lives..... and yet, are eligible for everything.

fuck um. We dont need to import leaches, we have enough of our very own. When we no longer have legal citizens in THIS country in need...fine. Until that time..... we don't need them from other countries.

Amen. I agree 100%. This thread is 100% against illegal immigration (except for the OP). I am also 100% against it, and the only exceptions I would make woudl be people bring skills that we are short of (this would likely be rare), and people bringing large amounts of capital, with which to open businesses and hire AMERICANS, at decent wages & benefits.

I would also abolish birthright citizenship which was never intended to foster an anchor baby racket. I'd clamp down hard on the phony documentation industry as well as employers violating IRCA.

I would also arrest mayors of sanctuary cities, get rid of all the amnesty laws Obama has authorized (children of illegals, relatives of active military, etc), and enact a mass deportation program like Eisenhower had in 1954 (Operation Wetback) when his agents went house to house in southwestern states, hunting down illegal aliens, and deported huge #s of them. Many more fled back to Mexico.

Lastly, I would not forget how this mess came about in the first place. This all is no accident. The Mexican govt has been engineering this debacle right from the begining.
Think they're not involved ? As a Spanish speaker (I'm 50% Hispanic), I read the guidebook they published for migrants that tutored them on how to get into the USA, and avoid immigration authorities. Remittances from the US ($25 Billion/year) is Mexico's second largest source of income (second only to their oil exports). Relief from welfare added to it, makes the invasion, in total, their LARGEST source of income, with us paying their poverty bill.

No immigration remedy would be near complete without a tough policy toward Mexico, who has been waging an imperialism war against the US for decades, using cheap labor troops and their remittances and human services payouts, instead of military troops. I would diplomatically, warn Mexico to cease as a first step. Upon failure of that, I would station US warships along both Mexican coasts, and blockade their oil exports and all imports, and sink any ship attempting to run the blockade. This may sound severe but WAR is severe and we have BEEN at war with Mexico (economic) for a long time, with only the Mexicans seeming to ascertain it.
I would also bolster the US.Mexican border with lots more CBP officers plus army troops, and build the Mexican border double fence, mandated by the 2006 Secure Fence Act, reinforced with 19 rows of constitina barbed wire in the American side (or a moat with alligators)
If the Mexicans still don't comply and quit their invasion, and take back their migrants, I'd authorize another 1848 style ass-kicking, followed by a complete takeover of Mexico, instead of the partial one from the 1846 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, which incensed then President James K. Polk who thought we should have gotten control over ALL of Mexico (not just several western states). And we had done that, we would have none of this problem now. Wish you were here now, Mr. President.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/latin...nvasion-of-the-united-states-1950-2012-a.html

Just enforce laws equivalent to those Mexico enforces.

This is fair...
This may be fair, but not very practical. The main objective in immigration is to seek talented individuals who can help us in specific areas where we lack skilled workers. These individuals would need to speak English so as to not add an extra burden in providing them with language training. I would focus on countries that are our friends like England, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland ...etc).
I could agree with those countries being first in line for visas as well. But I think a fair amount of visas should be allowed for Germans, Dutch, Swedes, and Norwegians. They all speak English as a second language and a large amount of Americans are either Scandinavian or Germanic.

Actually...syrenn's number eight I don't 100% agree with. If they are older than 40, know the laws of the land, speak english, have savings or are retired and have money to support themselves, go thru the steps to become citizens, are not felons,....then no age limit over 40.

It is quite the thing here to bring over "the family" which includes ancient grandma and grandpa.... who will never learn the language, learn the laws, or work a day in their lives..... and yet, are eligible for everything.

fuck um. We dont need to import leaches, we have enough of our very own. When we no longer have legal citizens in THIS country in need...fine. Until that time..... we don't need them from other countries.

I agree. That's why I said that if they are older than 40, (retired?), have money to support themselves, already know the language or can be understood and can understand english and don't need handouts or bring family with them, are not felons and just want to retire here? Fine. Otherwise, no.

I'd love to retire to Canada but no can do. Gotta have a decent income or some sort of something to show we would be good Canadians. We don't make enough to support ourselves there, have no insurance, no savings and can no longer work due to limits on health...and our ages.

3. Moratorium on all immigration for 5-7 years, depending on economic conditions at the time.

5. Restrict Immigration to Europe, Russia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa(Afrikaner refugees), Argentina, Uruguay, and those of Caucasian/European heritage from other nations not mentioned(primarily the Christians of the Caucasus and the Levant and Whites from Latin America).

Not gonna happen, you stupid, racist douchebag.

I could agree with those countries being first in line for visas as well. But I think a fair amount of visas should be allowed for Germans, Dutch, Swedes, and Norwegians. They all speak English as a second language and a large amount of Americans are either Scandinavian or Germanic.

What's really sad is that you don't realize just how stupid you are.

5. Restrict immigration to europe, russia, canada, australia, new zealand, south africa(afrikaner refugees), argentina, uruguay, and those of caucasian/european heritage from other nations not mentioned(primarily the christians of the caucasus and the levant and whites from latin america).

not gonna happen, you stupid, racist douchebag.

lol

Gay

Last edited:

Gay

Nobody cares that you're a homosexual, and it's no excuse for your being so enthusiastically stupid.

Forum List

Back