🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How’s That Wind Power Working Out for You?

Window strikes kill 97 to 180 million birds a year, are you advocating we get rid of windows on houses?
Another bullshit computer model says so?

A study says so and I bet if you use that democrat controlled search engine you can get a link that agrees with you.

I have found zero dead birds under windows my entire life.

You are misinformed

It's not like windows do anything for us. I've been in plenty of buildings with no windows. And except for that creeping miasma of depression and melancholia and the scraping fingernail effect of flickering fluorescents, you'd never even notice they were missing...
I see you are here reading the posts and replying, so...

Why are you not telling how much renewables has cost us and how much more we must spend

Go ahead crick, you know everything about renewables otherwise you could not support renewables.

Tell us the amount spent, and how much more you need to spend

Don’t ask the birds.

Of California’s 23 vulnerable bird species studied (barn owls, golden eagles, road runners, yellow-billed cuckoos…), scientists have found 11 are now experiencing at least a 20% decline in their population growth rates because wind turbines and solar panels are killing them and/or destroying their limited-range habitat.

California’s mild-winter Mediterranean climate is home to some of Earth’s rarest bird ecosystems.

But California is also where some of the most ardent supporters of “green” energy policies reside.

Disproportionately due to California’s activist-level insistence on converting their energy infrastructure from fossil-fuel-based to renewables-based, the US as a whole has facilitated a 300% to 9,400% increase in wind and solar energy generation, respectively, from 2009 to 2019. Nation-wide, the solar power industry alone is poised to detonate from a 0.4 GW energy capacity in 2009 to 75 GW by 2025.
/----/ Leftists hate animals, especially endangered ones. You can tell by their total silence on this.
1665926508313.png

/----/ Leftists hate animals, especially endangered ones. You can tell by their total silence on this.
View attachment 710825
Hunt much? Oppose the EPA much? Donate to the WWF? Nature Conservancy? Audubon Society? I'm a leftist and I have spoken out in this thread. But I'm quite convinced that while everything possible should be done to minimize bird strikes, that the condition of the Earth's bird population will do nothing but improve as more and more of our power comes from non-emitting renewable sources. And given the actual numbers, these charges are nothing but pure and simple fear-mongering.

Hunt much? Oppose the EPA much? Donate to the WWF? Nature Conservancy? Audubon Society? I'm a leftist and I have spoken out in this thread. But I'm quite convinced that while everything possible should be done to minimize bird strikes, that the condition of the Earth's bird population will do nothing but improve as more and more of our power comes from non-emitting renewable sources. And given the actual numbers, these charges are nothing but pure and simple fear-mongering.
/---/ When you BBQ for the family, do you marinate the Bald Eagles and Hoot Owls before cooking? BTW, nuclear power plants don't kill endangered wildlife by the thousands.

/---/ When you BBQ for the family, do you marinate the Bald Eagles and Hoot Owls before cooking? BTW, nuclear power plants don't kill endangered wildlife by the thousands.
I fully support nuclear power and while not strictly renewable it is non-emitting. It could kill wildlife given the wrong sort of accident, but that's a quibble.

I fully support nuclear power and while not strictly renewable it is non-emitting. It could kill wildlife given the wrong sort of accident, but that's a quibble.
/——-/ Agreed, but wind turbines kill birds in the normal performance of its function. They’re trying to alert the birds by painting the blades in certain patterns and colors, but it’s not proven effective.

/——-/ Agreed, but wind turbines kill birds in the normal performance of its function. They’re trying to alert the birds by painting the blades in certain patterns and colors, but it’s not proven effective.
This sounds effective and cheap:

They found that painting a single wind turbine blade black could reduce bird fatalities by 72%, and it was most effective at reducing collision deaths for birds of prey, such as white-tailed eagles (Haliaeetus albicilla).

And then, as I suggested earlier, wind turbine strikes are, by far, not the biggest threat to birds.
****************************************************************************************************
"Wind turbines were never the top threat for most birds. A study published in the journal Biological Conservation found that U.S. turbines kill 234,000 birds per year on average, while a newer study, published in Energy Policy, found that about 150,000 birds are affected by wind turbines in the U.S. per year. By comparison, research suggests up to 1 billion U.S. birds die each year after colliding with windows, and up to 4 billion more are killed by feral cats. Other threats include high-tension wires (174 million birds), pesticides (72 million) and cars (60 million).

And perhaps the No. 1 threat to birds is climate change, which is driven by the very fossil fuels wind turbines are meant to displace. According to a report by the National Audubon Society, two-thirds of America's birds are now threatened with extinction due to climate change, especially Arctic birds, forest birds and waterbirds.

The article from which this comes lists 6 methods of varying effectiveness which can reduce bird and bat strikes:
1) Safer locations, away from migratory paths and high bird populations
2) Ultrasonic boom boxes: 20 to 100 kHz sounds to encourage bats to move away from turbines
3) New colors: white and grey actually tend to attract insects on which birds feed
4) New turbine designs: taller, smaller, slower - a wide variety of new designs can reduce the impact on birds
5) Radar and GPS: track large bird and bat groups in flight and slow or stop turbines in their path
6) "Restraint": detect strikes and shut down turbines when they happen. Make seasonal adjustments to avoid migrating animals. Raise "cut-in" speeds, keeping rotors stopped in lower winds which birds and bats prefer.

We’re all waiting on your answer on the questions asked of you! Deflection king abu

Tell that to the millions of birds and bats killed every year.

You know exactly what I’m talking about. Not one envirowhacko in history has ever looked down at Mother Russia.
Where have you ever gotten that idea? Do you think Russia/Soviet Union has ever been a conscientious steward of their natural resources? They're record is abysmal. They make New Jersey's oil refinery row look like Big Sur. And as far as recent events, I stand with Ukraine and Crimea. I was appalled to see how ineffectually Obama responded to the annexation of Crimea and you know I love Obama. You and I both know precisely* who has lately been expressing fondness towards that psychotic sociopath Putin and it's most certainly not anyone on the left or in the environmental movement.

1) Donald J Trump
2) Tucker Carlson

Where have you ever gotten that idea? Do you think Russia/Soviet Union has ever been a conscientious steward of their natural resources? They're record is abysmal. They make New Jersey's oil refinery row look like Big Sur. And as far as recent events, I stand with Ukraine and Crimea. I was appalled to see how ineffectually Obama responded to the annexation of Crimea and you know I love Obama. You and I both know precisely* who has lately been expressing fondness towards that psychotic sociopath Putin and it's most certainly not anyone on the left or in the environmental movement.

1) Donald J Trump
2) Tucker Carlson
Thanks for validating my point you envirowhackos are Putin’s puppets.
You’ll protest and attack clean American technology 7/24 and not do a negative thing against Russia nor the ChiComs with their abysmal treatment of the environment.

Put that in your banned plastic bag.

1) Donald J Trump
2) Tucker Carlson
wow, dude, you have a few brain cells needing charging. Why do you stand with Ukraine exactly?

Thanks for validating my point you envirowhackos are Putin’s puppets.
You’ll protest and attack clean American technology 7/24 and not do a negative thing against Russia nor the ChiComs with their abysmal treatment of the environment.

Put that in your banned plastic bag.
holy fk, he just wrote that he cares more for Russia, Ukraine and Crimea than the US. What a bold statement to make. He wishes his suffering only on Americans.

Forum List

Back