🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How’s That Wind Power Working Out for You?

I've showed the Comparison Many times and kicked you multi-posting @ss every time
That's why you just stealth-mentioned me you empty shltbag.
Here's another you COWARDLY POS who didn't quote or tag me so I could answer.
You're FILTH and you know you can't debate me.

Wind and Solar Are Saving Texans $20 Million a Day​

August 3, 2022
By Mark Dyson

In a year of record-high prices for fossil fuels, as lawmakers consider new policies that can help fight inflation, renewable energy is already helping to shield Americans from steep jumps in their electricity bills.

For example, in Texas, even as some observers have incorrectly blamed renewables for the state’s strained power grid, More than a Third of electricity in the first half of 2022 came from Wind and Solar projects. Wind and Solar have both set records already this year.

High production from renewables and high fossil fuel prices together mean wind and solar are having an outsized impact on lowering energy costs. Based on benchmark natural gas prices, RMI estimates that, on average, wind and solar projects in Texas have avoided $20 million per day in fuel that otherwise would have been needed for fossil fuel-based power plants to meet electricity demand...

`
Nice, more crap you cant prove and do not have the brains to debate. More crap having nothing to do with my two simple questions.

I asked how much has been spent and how much you will spend.

You wont answer because you are simply ignorant, or stupid, or both.

How much.

Nice, more crap you cant prove and do not have the brains to debate. More crap having nothing to do with my two simple questions.

How much.
Two simple questions?
I spent $1.50 on a beef jerky stick yesterday and I'm planning to buy a new screen protector for my wife's phone that's going to cost $8.99 (for a pack of 3). Good enough?

Last edited:

How much.
He doesn’t know

Two simple questions?
I spent $1.50 on a beef jerky stick yesterday and I'm planning to buy a new screen protector for my wife's phone that's going to cost $8.99 (for a pack of 3). Good enough?
More evidence abu and crick are one in the same

Two simple questions?
Good enough to me, you prove you dont know anything about solar and wind power.

The simple you can not answer, yet you claim me and everyone else is wrong.

Honestly, and not to insult you, but if you challenge somebody it should be based on your knowledge not you ideology. Otherwise all you prove is that you are an idiot. Honestly.

Good enough to me, you prove you dont know anything about solar and wind power.

The simple you can not answer, yet you claim me and everyone else is wrong.

Honestly, and not to insult you, but if you challenge somebody it should be based on your knowledge not you ideology. Otherwise all you prove is that you are an idiot. Honestly.
When and how have I ever challenged you or anyone else here in a manner that implicitly or explicitly suggested I should know the answer to your idiotic question?

How much.
I don't have to answer exactly "how much was spent, and I will spend" to show the country is moving to Renewables because they are cheaper.

But in fact I put up the spending on power generation Numbers for 2016 (app 2/3 Renewable) and 2021 (app 85%.)
I put up many more comparative OPs on what was relatively cheaper. (EIA etc) including on the last page.

You put up NOTHING on these questions you LYING FALLACIOUS BURDEN SHIFTING POS.

You FRAUD, where are Your numbers/your equivalent facts/evidence?

You Can't debate ME !! you 12 IQ little Pipsqueak!!

`

Last edited:
When and how have I ever challenged you or anyone else here in a manner that implicitly or explicitly suggested I should know the answer to your idiotic question?
The cost, which I stated, and you replied, "link".

Asking you the cost is idiotic?

I am very happy with your reply. I certainly was not worried you could prove me wrong.

I don't have to answer exactly "how much was spent, and I will spend" to show the country is moving to Renewables because they are cheaper.

But in fact I put up the spending on power generation Numbers for 2016 (app 2/3 Renewable) and 2021 (app 85%.)
I put up many more comparative OPs on what was relatively cheaper. (EIA etc) including on the last page.

You put up NOTHING on these questions you LYING FALLACIOUS BURDEN SHIFTING POS.

You FRAUD, where are Your numbers/your equivalent facts/evidence?

You Can't debate ME !! you 12 IQ little Pipsqueak!!

`
How much is proposed to be spent.

How much was spent.

Cheaper, how is a renewable price of $240 mwh cheaper than the going rate of electricity of $27 mwh

Why is the government dictating thst we must so much more for something you claim is cheaper?

That last part, I am baiting you, daring you to sink your only remaining tooth into the question (I assume you are a meth-head, in my opinion).

Abu afk and cricket are crying between fits of rage, for as we know, they did search google and found out I am right and they are wrong.

Anything but an answer to two simple questions.

Imaturity and ingnorance, with rage, wraped tightly in thier ideology.

How much was spent.

Cheaper, how is a renewable price of $240 mwh cheaper than the going rate of electricity of $27 mwh

Why is the government dictating thst we must so much more for something you claim is cheaper?

That last part, I am baiting you, daring you to sink your only remaining tooth into the question (I assume you are a meth-head, in my opinion).

Abu afk and cricket are crying between fits of rage, for as we know, they did search google and found out I am right and they are wrong.

I haven't spent one second attempting to answer your questions. As soon as I read them I knew they were bullshit. It's about as well formulated as the 4 year old that asks daddy "how high is the sky?"

Where are you seeing $240 per MWh and $27 per MWh?

I found this pertinent comment whilst hunting around: "

"The lifetime cost per kWh of new solar and wind capacity added in Europe in 2021 will average at least four to six times less than the marginal generating costs of fossil fuels in 2022."

and if you think that source might be biased, here's a comment from Forbes

The cost of renewable energy has tumbled even further over the past year, to the point where almost every source of green energy can now compete on cost with oil, coal and gas-fired power plants, according to new data released today.

Hydroelectric power is the cheapest source of renewable energy, at an average of $0.05 per kilowatt hour (kWh), but the average cost of developing new power plants based on onshore wind, solar photovoltaic (PV), biomass or geothermal energy is now usually below $0.10/kWh. Not far behind that is offshore wind, which costs close to $0.13/kWh.

These figures are global averages and it is worth noting that the cost of individual projects can vary hugely – the cost of producing electricity from a biomass energy plant, for example, can range from as low as $0.05/kWh to a high of almost $0.25/kWh.

However, all these fuel types are now able to compete with the cost of developing new power plants based on fossil fuels such as oil and gas, which typically range from $0.05/kWh to over $0.15/kWh.
**************************************************************************************
So... where are you getting those numbers?

If you need some help with the math:

$0.05/kWh = $50/MWh - hydroelectric and the low end of fossil fuel
$0.10/kWh = $100/MWh - onshore wind, solar PV, biomass, geothermal
$0.13/kWh = $130/MWh - offshore wind
$0.15/kWh - $150/MWh - high end of fossil fuel

So there is nothing here as cheap as you claim for fossil fuel power and nothing as expensive as you claim for renewables.

How much was spent.

And lack of honesty

Do you think Elektra is lying? That's a little harsh. I think he simply misunderstands a few details here and there.
oh fk no. You can't back up your claim. I stand by my previous post to you to answer the question on what it costs to purchase wind turbines and solar panels. You fail to date, to provide it.

I haven't spent one second attempting to answer your questions. As soon as I read them I knew they were bullshit. It's about as well formulated as the 4 year old that asks daddy "how high is the sky?"

"The lifetime cost per kWh of new solar and wind capacity added in Europe in 2021 will average at least four to six times less than the marginal generating costs of fossil fuels in 2022."

The cost of renewable energy has tumbled even further over the past year, to the point where almost every source of green energy can now compete on cost with oil, coal and gas-fired power plants, according to new data released today.

Hydroelectric power is the cheapest source of renewable energy, at an average of $0.05 per kilowatt hour (kWh), but the average cost of developing new power plants based on onshore wind, solar photovoltaic (PV), biomass or geothermal energy is now usually below $0.10/kWh. Not far behind that is offshore wind, which costs close to $0.13/kWh.

These figures are global averages and it is worth noting that the cost of individual projects can vary hugely – the cost of producing electricity from a biomass energy plant, for example, can range from as low as $0.05/kWh to a high of almost $0.25/kWh.

However, all these fuel types are now able to compete with the cost of developing new power plants based on fossil fuels such as oil and gas, which typically range from $0.05/kWh to over $0.15/kWh.
**************************************************************************************

So there is nothing here as cheap as you claim for fossil fuel power and nothing as expensive as you claim for renewables.
Not the answer to my question.

Dodging and obfuscating is what you are doing.

I got one more response to your post, wait for it, hahahaha

How about I skip the math and give you a fact to chew on.

The power purchase agreement (PPA) for the project specified that utilities pay a first-year price of $245/MWh for the electricity it generates; that price escalates at 3.5% each year. (By comparison, in 2016, the average wholesale price of electricity in New England was less than $30/MWh; in 2019, the average wholesale price of electricity was $30.67/MWh, reflecting continued low natural gas prices.)[17] In 2035, the last year of the Block Island Wind Farm PPA, the contract price will be more than $470/MWh.

470 mwh, the price goes up as the wind turbines get old and the power output drops

A failure by any measure

Yet here we are, you proclaim to know the temperature a 100 years from now and the solution is to build, build, and build.

When asked for what has been spent, from you, the expert, when asked what you intend to spend, you act like a big stupid dummy.
The usual DISHONEST non sequiturs.
One does not have to know the exact Temperature in 100 years to know it's warming/AGW warming.
Nor does one have to know "what has been spent." (WTF!)

Do you know "what has been spent" on Fossil Fuels and plants and pollution and on concomitant medical care in the last 10 years?
YOU JACKASS

You DISHONEST "Demand Endless Detail FALLACY" Clown.

`

Last edited:
The usual DISHONEST non sequiturs.
One does not have to know the exact Temperature in 100 years to know it's warming/AGW warming.
Nor does one have to know "what has been spent." (WTF!)

Do you know "what has been spent" on Fossil Fuels and plants and pollution and on concomitant medical care in the last 10 years?
YOU JACKASS

You DISHONEST "Demand Endless Detail FALLACY" Clown.

`
You claim renewables are cheaper. So, how much was spent and how much will be spent.

There is no doubt that over the last few days you searched for that number and everything you found is too high to post.

I just gave an example of how wrong you are, we all can see you saw the post cause you responded with an emoji. But, you can not dispute the post because it is fact.

Other than being inefficient and expensive, we know have democrat governors given power by democrat courts to negotiate the price of electricity for the public. Very much illegal.

Politicians now determine what we pay for electricity.

$470 mwh, when at the time the whosale price was $30 mwh.

What does that one contract do to the price of electricity???? It raises the price. Why did the politicians do this? Because everywhere there is renewables you have an out of control government spending money.

There is no doubt, corporations are recieving millions from government as we can see, and then funneling it back to the politicians in campaign donations and paid speeches as well as bogus book deals.

Hell, Obama already made $150 million, pretty good for a man essentially broke, in comparison, going into the white house.

How about I skip the math and give you a fact to chew on.
TRANSLATION: I don't want to talk about all the referenced numbers your posted that show I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about
This is an interesting and rather lengthy document from a conservative think-tank arguing in August of 2020 that the real costs and benefits of offshore wind energy will be much poorer than anticipated. I'm no economist but I noted a number of points in their arguments that should be noted. The article seems to make a real attempt to imply that the Block Island wind farm is representative of costs for offshore wind farms and they clearly succeeded in convincing you of that falsehood. The Block Farm numbers, which started high and, by contract, get higher, are the only numbers mentioned for several pages worth of text. You stated $470/MWh but that will only be paid should the farm last the full 30 years the contract anticipates. Currently power cost slightly over $240, which is also absurdly high. Additionally, the very low values given for fossil fuel produced on shore of $30 to $37/MWh is the wholesale price. Once you finally get to them, we find that, at least as the Manhattan Institute reports it, that offshore power will cost $70-$80/MWh with a single outlier at $160. That is, the examples in this article actually cost LESS than the numbers I posted in post #132 above. Some of these prices are fixed and some rise 2-4% annually. These are common pricing strategies in any business model to compensate for the constantly rising cost of replacement.

The article makes a somewhat half-hearted attempt to pump up "local pushback", claiming people are still concerned about the health effects of windmills' noise and that farmers are not happy at losing arable land (for a $4k-$8k annual lease). State programs requiring utilities to move to renewable, non-emitting technologies are portrayed as heavy handed government over reach ignoring the will of the people. No evidence of any sort is provided to support these claims.

470 mwh, the price goes up as the wind turbines get old and the power output drops
This will be the cost for one facility after another 23 years and will almost undoubtedly be the most expensive electricity on the planet. I find it very unlikely this price will ever be paid. I think the Block Island facility, in the face of loads of far less expensive competition, will either be renegotiated or abandoned.
A failure by any measure
That was your position before you had taken up a single iota of actual information.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back