Hppy Insanity Day You Raving Lunatics

Buck111

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2016
On the big blue marble
Once again, Larken Rose knocks one out of the ballpark.

Patriotism, an Abomination

MeJMnYe.jpg

The ultimate travesty that comes from the belief in political “authority” is not that it helps evil people to commit evil (which it does), but that it dupes well-intentioned, decent human beings into accepting, condoning, or even committing evil themselves, without even noticing that they are doing so. That is one of the main reasons why I find July 4th to be so discouraging and depressing.

Every July 4th many millions of Americans, in one way or another, partake in the loud, ostentatious spectacle of celebrating “Independence Day,” having parades and picnics, waving flags and watching fireworks, in order to commemorate and honor … what, exactly? Some people who, over two centuries ago, didn’t want to pay taxes on tea and paper? Or something about “taxation without representation”? Well, whatever it was, it definitely had something to do with being for freedom and against tyranny. Somehow.

Continue reading at https://steemit.com/patriotism/@larkenrose/patriotism-an-abomination

MeJMnYe.jpg

The ultimate travesty that comes from the belief in political “authority” is not that it helps evil people to commit evil (which it does), but that it dupes well-intentioned, decent human beings into accepting, condoning, or even committing evil themselves, without even noticing that they are doing so. That is one of the main reasons why I find July 4th to be so discouraging and depressing.

Every July 4th many millions of Americans, in one way or another, partake in the loud, ostentatious spectacle of celebrating “Independence Day,” having parades and picnics, waving flags and watching fireworks, in order to commemorate and honor … what, exactly? Some people who, over two centuries ago, didn’t want to pay taxes on tea and paper? Or something about “taxation without representation”? Well, whatever it was, it definitely had something to do with being for freedom and against tyranny. Somehow.

Continue reading at https://steemit.com/patriotism/@larkenrose/patriotism-an-abomination

Patriotism is the engine that allows you to spew your anti-American rants. Patriots died so you can act and talk like an idiot.

MeJMnYe.jpg

Patriotism is the engine that allows you to spew your anti-American rants. Patriots died so you can act and talk like an idiot.
PROVE to me "patriots" died for me. You can't because it never happened.

MeJMnYe.jpg

Bet you celebrate May Day though, doncha sparky?

MeJMnYe.jpg

The declaration of independence and american revolution did happen.

MeJMnYe.jpg

Who said they didn't?

MeJMnYe.jpg

"Sparky" is a nickname for my pecker (have no idea how you knew that). I'll answer for Sparky. Me and Sparky do not celebrate any particular day. No Christmas. No nothing.
P.S. Sparky says send him a picture. He doesn't think he remembers you.

MeJMnYe.jpg

"Sparky" is a nickname for my pecker (have no idea how you knew that). I'll answer for Sparky. Me and Sparky do not celebrate any particular day. No Christmas. No nothing.
P.S. Sparky says send him a picture. He doesn't think he remembers you.

Not even Pol Pot's birthday?

Come on now, you can tell us....

Mod Note:

Couple of "observations". This is in Zone2. EVERY post has to provide "topical content". It will not get PERSONAL. And it better NOT be about baiting and trolling for attention..

MeJMnYe.jpg

----------------------------------------- hey Buck !! For me its just that i have had it made for my lifetime and i am 68 . Same goes for my brothers , sisters , family , kids and grankids , Same for my parents born in the 1920s and passed away for a few years now . Anyway , USA is a great country and its probably best for Americans to keep it going for a heck of a lots of Generations into the future Buck . ------------- just a comment .

Mod Note:

Couple of "observations". This is in Zone2. EVERY post has to provide "topical content". It will not get PERSONAL. And it better NOT be about baiting and trolling for attention..
Does that include the OP.........? Eusa_whistle:

MeJMnYe.jpg

Who said they didn't?

You said it never happened.

MeJMnYe.jpg

Who said they didn't?

You said it never happened.
No, I never said it didn't happen, nor did Rose in his article.

Why do I get the feeling most of the posters haven't taken the time to bother reading the link? I suggest you do, then make your comments. I will be more than happy to discuss the article and the views therein. Even debate them with anybody capable of a sane and intelligent debate.
Thank you.

MeJMnYe.jpg

------------------------------------------------- but going back to Revolutionary times its true that the Brits had colonists and settlers by the short hairs and they had a new continent that they wanted to loot , tax and a brand new continent full of resources that they wanted to exploit to make themselves richer . Colonists destroyed that thinking eventually as we beat sh1t out of the Brits and sent them and their plans packing back to where they belong . The events that i describe above is why i celebrate 'INDEPENDENCE Day' on July 4th every year since i was a little kid Buck. --------------------- and yeah , i never looked at the link Buck !!

Forum List

Back