🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Human Trafficking

Arrests don't do any good unless the punishment is severe enough to attack the entire operation, including taking down their finances. Human trafficking is soooo more complex than you realize.

That's Unkotare's argument, to "crack down" on it. When you keep things like this in the underground that is when it is ripe for abuse. I say legalize and regulate it.

Legalize and regulate underage sex? Legalize and regulate labor slaves? :dunno:

No legalize and regulate prostitution. That is the ONLY way to protect young ones. Keeping it underground . . . anything goes. There are NO checks in place.

No, legalizing prostitution is NOT going to stop pervs from going after young children, or stop people from bringing in people to this country for slave labor.

It makes it easier to track when it's regulated. When it is illegal, there is NO way to track what is happening. Also, these girls are afraid to speak out BECAUSE prostitution is illegal, and their pimps do use that against them.

You're wrong, take for example Amsterdam. Prostitution is legal there and very strictly regulated, BUT they continue to have problems with human trafficking. Your idea will not work.

According to the State Department website, "Where prostitution is legalized or tolerated, there is a greater demand for human trafficking victims and nearly always an increase in the number of women and children trafficked into commercial sex slavery.

Amsterdam's Red Light District - Human Trafficking 

That's Unkotare's argument, to "crack down" on it. When you keep things like this in the underground that is when it is ripe for abuse. I say legalize and regulate it.

No legalize and regulate prostitution. That is the ONLY way to protect young ones. Keeping it underground . . . anything goes. There are NO checks in place.

No, legalizing prostitution is NOT going to stop pervs from going after young children, or stop people from bringing in people to this country for slave labor.

It makes it easier to track when it's regulated. When it is illegal, there is NO way to track what is happening. Also, these girls are afraid to speak out BECAUSE prostitution is illegal, and their pimps do use that against them.

You're wrong, take for example Amsterdam. Prostitution is legal there and very strictly regulated, BUT they continue to have problems with human trafficking. Your idea will not work.

According to the State Department website, "Where prostitution is legalized or tolerated, there is a greater demand for human trafficking victims and nearly always an increase in the number of women and children trafficked into commercial sex slavery.

They are CATCHING them, like I said earlier. How do you propose keeping it in the dark helps anyone? Explain please.

They are CATCHING them, like I said earlier. How do you propose keeping it in the dark helps anyone? Explain please.

They are? Show me facts please. I just took a college course in this topic this past semester, and human trafficking is the fastest growing transnational crime in the world.

Would you say relegating things to the black market decreases the problems associated with said activities? Let's look at history, such as the wonderful war on drugs, the alcohol prohibition?

They are? Show me facts please. I just took a college course in this topic this past semester, and human trafficking is the fastest growing transnational crime in the world.

How do you KNOW that it increases human trafficking when there is no information gathering available while it is an ILLEGAL activity. You cannot make an accurate comparison. Impossible. What I believe you are seeing is MORE people are arrested and caught for human trafficking because these prostitutes, etc., are no longer AFRAID to turn these guys into the police.

Why don't you explain how keeping prostitution illegal is going to help the situation. Keeping it illegal ALLOWS for children to be lured into this "business." When there is a paper trail and regulations, that is going to be a lot harder.

How do you KNOW that it increases human trafficking when there is no information gathering available while it is an ILLEGAL activity. You cannot make an accurate comparison. Impossible. What I believe you are seeing is MORE people are arrested and caught for human trafficking because these prostitutes, etc., are no longer AFRAID to turn these guys into the police.

Are you kidding? I just gave you a quote from the State Department that says it does.

Are you kidding? I just gave you a quote from the State Department that says it does.

How does anyone know when they aren't aware of it when it is underground? Explain that. You only can become aware of the full scope of a problem when it is regulated.

Why don't you explain how keeping prostitution illegal is going to help the situation. Keeping it illegal ALLOWS for children to be lured into this "business." When there is a paper trail and regulations, that is going to be a lot harder.

You don't get it do you? If some perv wants to have sex with a kid they are going to find someone that has a kid to sell. Making Prostitution legal isn't going to change that. This isn't rocket science.

I've showed you a specific occurrence where prostitution is legal and very strictly regulated, and in fact human trafficking has increased not decreased. I've shown you where the State Department says the same thing...yet you continue to argue with me. I don't get it? You have done nothing but give your opinion and absolutely NO links or statistics to prove your point. So either shit, or get off the pot.

Regulating an industry should DECREASE the opportunity for illegal activity and not increase it. That doesn't make any sense. I also read that when it is legalized, more "johns" tend to go for the legal prostitute as opposed to the illegal prostitute for various reasons. Also, like I said, legalizing it gives these women a way OUT.

You don't get it do you? If some perv wants to have sex with a kid they are going to find someone that has a kid to sell. Making Prostitution legal isn't going to change that. This isn't rocket science.

I've showed you a specific occurrence where prostitution is legal and very strictly regulated, and in fact human trafficking has increased not decreased. I've shown you where the State Department says the same thing...yet you continue to argue with me. I don't get it? You have done nothing but give your opinion and absolutely NO links or statistics to prove your point. So either shit, or get off the pot.

That is going to happen either way is what you are saying! At least if it is regulated, you have the opportunity to CATCH these pervs and kids would have a way OUT. As it is now, they are afraid to go to the police. Do you get that?

Because these explanations are piss poor.

That is going to happen either way is what you are saying! At least if it is regulated, you have the opportunity to CATCH these pervs and kids would have a way OUT. As it is now, they are afraid to go to the police. Do you get that?

Ok you have an opinion, I respect that, but you have zero, and I mean zero information to back it up. You have made no effort to support your claim, and to this point you have wasted my time. I can now see why so many people here say the things they do about you.

Ok you have an opinion, I respect that, but you have zero, and I mean zero information to back it up. You have made no effort to support your claim, and to this point you have wasted my time. I can now see why so many people here say the things they do about you.

There is PLENTY of evidence to back me up. You just aren't listening. So many people HERE are nuts, like you apparently.

Read.

It is often said in the media that the lifting of the general ban on brothels has led to more THB. This is not a correct conclusion. Before the lifting of the general ban on brothels, THB and other (criminal) abuses were taking place in all sectors of prostitution. Some of these sectors are now under control and can be assumed to have rid themselves of their former criminal excesses, or are doing so...It is possible that THB is increasing in the illegal, non-regulated or noncontrolled sectors. If this were to be the case, it still cannot be assumed that the extent of THB is now at the same or even above the 'old' level it was at before the ban on brothels was lifted. It is in fact likely that this is not the case, merely because not every client is keen to get involved in the 'secret' prostitution sector."

Obviously you aren't paying attention because you want to keep prostitution illegal AND you are getting angry too. A sure sign of being on the LOSING end of the argument. Keeping it in the black market doesn't HELP anyone. As long as it is illegal, these people have no way OUT of the business. Do you get that?

This paper has investigated the impact of legalized prostitution on inflows of human trafficking. According to economic theory, there are two effects of unknown magnitude. The scale effect of legalizing prostitution leads to an expansion of the prostitution market and thus an increase in human trafficking, while the substitution effect reduces demand for trafficked prostitutes by favoring prostitutes who have legal residence in a country. Our quantitative empirical analysis for a crosssection of up to 150 countries shows that the scale effect dominates the substitution effect. On average, countries with legalized prostitution experience a larger degree of reported human trafficking inflows. We have corroborated this quantitative evidence with three brief case studies of Sweden, Denmark, and Germany. Consistent with the results from our quantitative analysis, the legalization of prostitution has led to substantial scale effects in these cases.

http://www.lse.ac.uk/geographyAndEn...elopment-_prostitution_-anonymous-REVISED.pdf

Forum List

Back