I am not at all comfortable with the involvement of the billionaires in this election

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
It bothers me to no end. It just isn't right and insults the system that the founding fathers ( though most of them were wealthy it's true) worked hard to insulate against this kind of influence. I'm not a fan of Musk's massive donations to Trump of or Cuban's massive donations to Harris and that just names two of the dozen or so big hitters donating a total of what looks to be several billion altogether to the rat race we call the POTUS election.

Slippery slope folks.....this leads to nowhere good.

JO

They all deserve a massive tax cut for funding the polluting our minds with endless political ads - NOT!

The billionaires are the largest employers collectively. It's safe to say that more than half of the revenue comes from their employee's paycheck taxes. This is the reason you want them to hire more people not less. Art Laffer was correct in his assessment. Having said that however I do not approve of the outsized donations coming in from big money to either candidate. It skews the numbers IMO.

JO

It bothers me to no end. It just isn't right and insults the system that the founding fathers ( though most of them were wealthy it's true) worked hard to insulate against this kind of influence. I'm not a fan of Musk's massive donations to Trump of or Cuban's massive donations to Harris and that just names two of the dozen or so big hitters donating a total of what looks to be several billion altogether to the rat race we call the POTUS election.

JO

Billionaires have been funding your election for decades. You should be just as concerned with media bias and far more concerned with dishonest "experts" and false reporting of data that requires constant revision.

You guys are emulating Ontario. Your economy will be in the toilet before long and China will just focus on crushing your largest corporations since that will be all that is left standing.

Billionaires have been funding your election for decades. You should be just as concerned with media bias and far more concerned with dishonest "experts" and false reporting of data that requires constant revision.

You guys are emulating Ontario. Your economy will be in the toilet before long and China will just focus on crushing your largest corporations since that will be all that is left standing.
Ba-da-bing..... The Great dragon is ever patient!

JO

I agree.
1729268279598.png

1729268293445.png

He doesn't even have to care about advertisers. And has politicians in his pocket
1729268357719.png

Supreme Court wipes out anticorruption law that bars officials from taking gifts for past favors​

So you can give Clarence Thomas money AFTER he rules. As a thank you. Not before. That would be corrupt.

That’s nice… I’m not at all comfortable with the involvement of uneducated, uninformed and uninvested persons, as well as women, non-tax payers and those collecting government benefits in this election via their votes.

I guess we’re both just gonna have to deal with our disappointment.

That’s nice… I’m not at all comfortable with the involvement of uneducated, uninformed and uninvested persons, as well as women, non-tax payers and those collecting government benefits in this election via their votes.

I guess we’re both just gonna have to deal with our disappointment.

Look I don't disagree with you.....how to fix it? Dunno..... Caveat....not sure about your inclusion of women as a class.

JO
This has been going on since 2010, since Citizens United.

Burn this motherfucker down and start again with an Ultra-Conservative Authoritarian Meritocracy.
Meritocracy is actually the only form of government that truly reflects the efforts of its constituent contributors. As an aside I am willing to socialize enough to avoid having to step over dead bodies when I leave my house in the morning.

JO

JO
You need to worry about the dark money in the courts more than open elections. Citizens United was a catastrophe of democracy.

JO
Campaign finance reform was part of HR-1, a Dem bill from 2017 (For the People Act) that Repubs refused to support.

You need to worry about the dark money in the courts more than open elections. Citizens United was a catastrophe of democracy.
Yeah....that one catches me way off guard....it's a lot worse than I thought it was.....never really thought to look there... but there you have it.

Forum List

Back