Zone1 I am prepared to call Catholicism a cult

They’re all cults.

What do you understand by using the word "cult"? Sects? A "cult" is normally something what's modern. The Beatles for example had been a cult in their time. But the election of the pope is for example the eldest living "cult" ... custom ... of an election in the whole modern world. I refuse to say the Catholic Church is not modern - perhaps she is so in the USA - but the moderness of the Holy Catholic Church is basing on very old traditions and existed in all forms of political systems. But truth is always true - also when we will hear this truth tomorrow a first time and know currently still nothing about.

Last edited:
He is the leader of your church.

Yes.

Get rid of him

No.

, or continue to be called a cult. ...

What you say about others is not their problem. It is your problem. But your use of this word is strange. You [learned to] hate Catholics so you call us "cult". Cult is a spearword for you. Others use it as an description. When I say "The Beatles had been a cult in their time" then I do not say this was bad. So what is the bad you like to say?

Last edited:
By my definition, a cult is following a cult of personality or group of people and not God.

That's a sect.

And since the Pontiff has zero charisma in my view,

Why should a pope have charisma - asides that Francesco has a wonderful charisma?

it is just people blindly following a group of people with a heretic as it's leader

Should it not be "with an heretic as their leader"? Why do you depersonalize Catholics?

That's exactly what Catholics are not doing and this is very far from our view on other people who are not Catholics. I guess most Catholics think a man like Mahatma Ghandi or the current Dalai Lama will come to heaven one day. And most do not think they will meet Hitler there. But this is the decision of god and not our decision. We help if possible to do so. Unfortunatelly you do not let help you. You prefer to learn by bad experience.

Forum List

Back