🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I believe that churches and other religious institutions should have to pay taxes.

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
I was recently speculating about the issue.
I really believe that a church is like any other profit making business and therefore most pay similar taxes. I am not a religious person myself so I do not know the complete logistics of the revenue and spending of a church but I do understand they can yield a good amount of cash.

The Yearly Cost of Religious Tax Exemptions 71 000 000 000not entirely sure how accurate this article is, but it states that we could gain an additional 71 billion dollars per year and in a time where we as a country are in TRILLIONS of dollars of debt taxing a church seems reasonable to me.

I really believe that a church is like any other profit making business and therefore most pay similar taxes. I am not a religious person myself so I do not know the complete logistics of the revenue and spending of a church but I do understand they can yield a good amount of cash.

The Yearly Cost of Religious Tax Exemptions 71 000 000 000not entirely sure how accurate this article is, but it states that we could gain an additional 71 billion dollars per year and in a time where we as a country are in TRILLIONS of dollars of debt taxing a church seems reasonable to me.

You know, I read an article on Canadian Oil Trusts that used a similar phraseology...that a tax status COST the government X amount...as if it was the governments money by decree, and it was being denied them, it's rightful owner.

Just another example of the authoritarianism underlying liberal machinations. All money belongs to the government...the serfs are generously permitted the illusion of earning and using it as they see fit.

Go to a food pantry, or a halfway house, run by a church, and you can see where these dollars go, they do much more good for the needy than the government ever will. The food pantry in my county alone, fed over 10,000 families last year, with at least 3 day's worth of food.

We also have a bus, which goes to feed hungry children, when school is out, on the weekends and holidays, and through the summer. The kids cant come to us, so we must go to them, but hey, if you want to take the food out of their mouth, you have the right to try.

and this is what the gay thing is all about lately....making churches pay taxes and eventually taking away the pastors right to free speech, supported by the Bible- that homosexuality is a sin and wrong.

So long as religions seem to be doing more than saving people's soul, as with meddlign in politics, they should pay the price of admission like everyone else.

Tax 'em. Let's tax the bastards. ;)

So long as religions seem to be doing more than saving people's soul, as with meddlign in politics, they should pay the price of admission like everyone else.

Tax 'em. Let's tax the bastards. ;)
Never gonna happen, then the government would have to spend more of their ill'gotten gain to actually help the needy, and we all know that will not happen. Not when Christian churches will do it. Notice I didn't say Jewish, or Muslim...They don't have time or inclination to help the needy.

Forum List

Back