I Can't Even Read Animal Books Without Being Exposed to The Wokeness?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I started reading Strays by Britt Collins that I got from my local library and I thought that it was a really good story about a man finding a lost cat and returning her to her owner and I thought that I was perfectly safe because it was published in 2017. However, that's when I reached the part that the man was looking for her moved in with his first boyfriend and I started wondering what the heck that had to do with the cat story. Honestly, there's just absolutely NO safe guard from this stuff as you never know when it's going to hit you. :rolleyes:

I started reading Strays by Britt Collins that I got from my local library and I thought that it was a really good story about a man finding a lost cat and returning her to her owner and I thought that I was perfectly safe because it was published in 2017. However, that's when I reached the part that the man was looking for her moved in with his first boyfriend and I started wondering what the heck that had to do with the cat story. Honestly, there's just absolutely NO safe guard from this stuff as you never know when it's going to hit you. :rolleyes:
Why would you assume that there would be no stories/books about homosexual couples rescuing pets before 2017 in print ? That is what is confusing.

There is nothing "woke" about homosexuality. That is something to get used to. Republicans, Independents, people of all religions and atheists are born homosexuals. They have been born that way since humans first appeared on the planet.

Sounds like a great story.:

For fans of A Street Cat Named Bob and Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World, Strays is a compelling true story of a man who rescues a stray, injured cat and how they save each other.

Homeless, alcoholic, and depressed, Michael King lives in a UPS loading bay on the wrong side of the tracks in Portland, Oregon. One rainy night, he stumbles upon a hurt, starving, scruffy cat and takes her in. Nursing her back to health, he names her Tabor and she becomes a bit of a celebrity in southeast Portland. When winter comes, they travel from Oregon to the beaches of California to the high plains of Montana, surviving blizzards and bears, angry steers and rainstorms. Along the way, people are drawn to the spirited, beautiful cat and moved to help Michael, who cuts a striking figure with Tabor riding high on his backpack or walking on a leash. Tabor comforts Michael when he’s down, giving Michael someone to love and care for, and inspiring him to get sober and to come to terms with his past family traumas and grief over the death of his life partner.

As they make their way across the West Coast, the pair become inseparable, healing the scars of each other’s troubled pasts. But when Michael takes Tabor to a veterinarian in Montana, he discovers that Tabor has an identification chip and an owner in Portland who has never given up hope of finding his beloved cat, Michael makes the difficult choice to return to Portland and reunite Tabor with her owner. Now Michael must create a new purpose in his life after Tabor.

The authentic tale of an adventurous and charismatic cat and her compassionate human admirers, Strays proves the healing power of love and the profound bond between humans and animals.

Amazon product

I hope you get to finish reading it.

That's the trouble with being a red-pilled conservative. Once your eyes are opened, you see the wokeness everywhere you look.

1707350542762.jpeg

Seriously?

• Banned
That's the trouble with being a red-pilled conservative. Once your eyes are opened, you see the wokeness everywhere you look.

View attachment 898945

The problem is that I actually really wanted to read it as the story itself about the cat sounded really interesting as I'm also reading A Street Cat Named Bob right now. It's frustrating because I don't know what I should do if I should hope and pray that that was only the gay part or give up on the book.

It's like people are existing.

• Banned
She could, but she won't.

I would if I knew that they would be focusing more on the cat story and not focus on something that doesn't have anything to do with it.

The problem is that I actually really wanted to read it as the story itself about the cat sounded really interesting as I'm also reading A Street Cat Named Bob right now. It's frustrating because I don't know what I should do if I should hope and pray that that was only the gay part or give up on the book.

Now you got me curious. What was the gay part?

Tell me and I'll let you know whether you should read the rest or burn the fucking book. :laughing0301:

I would if I knew that they would be focusing more on the cat story and not focus on something that doesn't have anything to do with it.

Look, I'm not going to tell you what to do, what to read, but I will say that perhaps you should consider, just once in a while, reading or watching or listening to something you might not normally. Something that doesn't necessarily conform to your... political or spiritual outlook. Broaden your perspective.

The world is more interesting that way.

Look, I'm not going to tell you what to do, what to read, but I will say that perhaps you should consider, just once in a while, reading or watching or listening to something you might not normally. Something that doesn't necessarily conform to your... political or spiritual outlook. Broaden your perspective.

Where do you get off writing such a rational post?

Now you got me curious. What was the gay part?

Tell me and I'll let you know whether you should read the rest or burn the fucking book. :laughing0301:

Lol it was just about the old owner of the car moving in with his first boyfriend so I'm afraid where this is going to go. I could always try to read a bit more and hope and pray that was all.

What if you've already read, watched, listened to, and experienced that political and spiritual outlook, previously at some point in your life, but have moved on and now reject those things?

This is a former liberal and Democrat asking this.

Lol it was just about the old owner of the car moving in with his first boyfriend so I'm afraid where this is going to go. I could always try to read a bit more and hope and pray that was all.

They just had to stick that little mind-fuck in the story, didn't they.

See how subtle the left's agenda is? Once you figure it out, you see that shit everywhere it is.

TV commercials are the worst. The wokeness, virtue signalling, and pandering is almost sickening to watch.

What if you've already read, watched, listened to, and experienced that political and spiritual outlook, previously at some point in your life, but have moved on and now reject those things?

This is a former liberal and Democrat asking this.

I say good for you. Hopefully it gave you a broader perspective on the world and better informs your views. To this day I never shy away from something I think might be interesting, regardless of politics or subject matter, and I've never been a liberal or a Democrat. Just right of center, and a registered Republican until Bush went into Iraq.

Look, I get it. I get the impression you, like me, are older... 50+? You've been around long enough switch ideologies and party. We've seen and read a bit. RR is about the same age as my daughter, who hasn't read as broadly as I would have hoped. I often encourage her to explore the "other side." She's a big California liberal who I convinced to research candidates other than Hillary in 2016. She voted for Johnson. I sometimes give RR a hard time, but this time I just wanted to encourage to consider stepping out of he comfort zone.

Forum List

Back