I don't think this shooting was justified...

If he was shot in the back, consistent with someone leaning out of a window, as indicated by the article, I don't see how he could have been reaching for the gun. It appears to be less than 2 seconds from the time the woman first puts her hand into the drawer to get the gun to the time she fires. That does not seem to be enough time for the man to be reaching for the gun, then turn around and start to climb out of the window, especially considering he doesn't seem to be reaching for the gun as the woman is pulling it from the drawer.
Also, the way the son is reacting doesn't seem to indicate the man is reaching for the gun. He doesn't seem particularly concerned until after the woman fires.

As I said earlier, I'm very curious what evidence the jury saw to create a reasonable doubt.
Leaning out a window? You trying to avoid detainment by escaping out a window?

I'm just going by the information provided in the article, which said "The state medical examiner reportedly said the bullet entered Williams’ lower back and exited his upper chest, which is consistent with being shot while bending out a window."
Indeed, "Just bending out a window" would be how a convict describes his escape attempt after being shot for it. Seen it first hand.

I don't think there is much question he was trying to escape if he was climbing out the window. :)
wait there...he can try to get out the window--and maybe has problems getting out--stopping--reaching for gun, sees gun, turns and trying to escape again
...maybe he couldn't get out the window immediately
..see my previous post
...evidence shows Mike Brown tried to get away, then came back

The only problem with that is, based on the video, it takes less than 2 seconds from the time the woman reaches into the drawer for the gun to the time she shoots the guy. That isn't enough time for him to have done much if he got far enough to be leaning out of the window. :dunno:

Even the son knew the shooting was unjustified.

But, here's the deal, if the woman believed her life was in danger, she gets acquitted. She apparently had a right to handcuff him and he resisted. It doesn't matter so much what we see as her saying she felt in danger. She's incompetent and hopefully she loses a civil suit and never gets to be bail agent again.

This is what BLM nggers don't understand, killing someone, even when it may be unnecessary, doesn't make it murder. The woman is just guilty of an accident because of an error in judgement. We don't put people in jail for accidents.

Sorry, I don't mean to give BLM nggers more respect than they deserve. They don't care if a killing is justified, or necessary, or not. They just care about serving black racism. BLM is a fan of whites being murdered.

That said, if I were on the jury, I would have voted guilty.
Way to make this a race thing.

If you haven't read my other posts, assure yourself that I'm all about giving LEOs and self defenders the benefit of the doubt...but this shooting looks to me like it was not justified. She introduces the gun from a desk drawer and he is just trying to escape the room. The coroner testified he was shot in the back at a trajectory consistent with him leaning out the window.

She is a bail bondswoman and he skipped bond.

She was found not guilty.

News link to follow.

Oklahoma DA’s office releases video of bail officer fatally shooting client

He had skipped bond and was attempting to flee to avoid incarceration and prosecution. Bail bonds personnel are allowed to use force, up to and including lethal force to stop a fleeing felon. It's unfortunate that he's deceased, but had he cooperated, he'd be in jail, but alive.

We Need to Weed

He was a scumbag; why is it "unfortunate that he's deceased"?

Last edited:

I'm just going by the information provided in the article, which said "The state medical examiner reportedly said the bullet entered Williams’ lower back and exited his upper chest, which is consistent with being shot while bending out a window."
Indeed, "Just bending out a window" would be how a convict describes his escape attempt after being shot for it. Seen it first hand.

I don't think there is much question he was trying to escape if he was climbing out the window. :)
wait there...he can try to get out the window--and maybe has problems getting out--stopping--reaching for gun, sees gun, turns and trying to escape again
..see my previous post

The only problem with that is, based on the video, it takes less than 2 seconds from the time the woman reaches into the drawer for the gun to the time she shoots the guy. That isn't enough time for him to have done much if he got far enough to be leaning out of the window. :dunno:
You mean escaping out the window. i love how you people play with words.

If you haven't read my other posts, assure yourself that I'm all about giving LEOs and self defenders the benefit of the doubt...but this shooting looks to me like it was not justified. She introduces the gun from a desk drawer and he is just trying to escape the room. The coroner testified he was shot in the back at a trajectory consistent with him leaning out the window.

News link to follow.

The charge of 1st degree murder was bogus, that is why she got off. First degree is you sitting in the bushes waiting to murder someone. 2nd degree she would have been guilty.

He did grab her and take her phone. Not seeing what happened after she grabbed her gun makes it hard to say.

News link to follow.

He had skipped bond and was attempting to flee to avoid incarceration and prosecution. Bail bonds personnel are allowed to use force, up to and including lethal force to stop a fleeing felon. It's unfortunate that he's deceased, but had he cooperated, he'd be in jail, but alive.

I believe you are wrong about this, at least as a blanket statement. I don't know what the state laws regarding bail bondsmen are in Oklahoma, but the USSC ruled in Tennessee v Garner that using lethal force against an "unarmed, nondangerous fleeing suspect" is unconstitutional "unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others." FindLaw's United States Supreme Court case and opinions.

Perhaps the jury believed there was probable cause to believe the suspect posed a threat, I'm just not sure what would have caused that belief based on the video.

"The Constitution Is Not a Suicide Pact": Justice Robert H. Jackson (1949)

For decades, SCROTUS's main goal was to defend all threats to society. This was done in order to distract us from its bosses' tyranny and keep us in our humble and humiliated place.

..see my previous post

good point.....she grabs and fires
the son looks like nothing is happening
Carey testified Williams attempted to grab her gun before fleeing out her office window.
Video of Stillwater bail agent fatally shooting client released by DA's office
if he tried to grab it then escape--tough call--like I said this could've happened very fast
defense said:
“What’s not on the video is your reasonable doubt.”

..see my previous post

You mean escaping out the window. i love how you people play with words.

Who is "you people"?

How am I playing with words? While attempting to escape he would have been leaning out of the window. Bending out a window is how the medical examiner reportedly described it.

..see my previous post

good point.....she grabs and fires
the son looks like nothing is happening
Carey testified Williams attempted to grab her gun before fleeing out her office window.
Video of Stillwater bail agent fatally shooting client released by DA's office
if he tried to grab it then escape--tough call--like I said this could've happened very fast
defense said:
“What’s not on the video is your reasonable doubt.”

It doesn't look like there is much doubt from my viewing of the video.....but I'm not on a jury making that decision. Between the pressure involved in trying to make that kind of determination when a person's freedom is on the line, to any other evidence involved in the trial, to the persuasiveness of the arguments by the attorneys or even other jurors, I certainly don't know how I'd have voted if I were on the jury.

Here is what he had been charged with

Suspect in restaurant burglaries arrested
And had a $35,000 bond, yet skipped
Victim identified in fatal shooting in downtown Stillwater

He broke into a couple of restaurants at night, and cameras nailed him. We're probably better off without him in the world, but that doesn't establish him as especially bad. The Bitch testified that she has never been so scared, but I hardly wonder how he felt with she locked the door in horror-movie fashion, when all they had been talking about are cars.

If her goal was to turn him in, she should have called the police.

do I want police and bail ''people'' to just shoot people for no reason?? NO
but if there is reasonable doubt--I feel safer when thugs/criminals are dead

strike 1. he initiated the whole problem by being in trouble in the first place
strike 2. then he tries to escape from the bondperson [ that's PC isn't it? ]
this is a bad guy--good riddance ..justice served by his own actions

Here is what he had been charged with

Suspect in restaurant burglaries arrested
And had a $35,000 bond, yet skipped
Victim identified in fatal shooting in downtown Stillwater

He broke into a couple of restaurants at night, and cameras nailed him. We're probably better off without him in the world, but that doesn't establish him as especially bad. The Bitch testified that she has never been so scared, but I hardly wonder how he felt with she locked the door in horror-movie fashion, when all they had been talking about are cars.

If her goal was to turn him in, she should have called the police.
doesn't establish him as bad?? see post # 77
how come he didn't want the bond revoked?

News link to follow.

We Need to Weed

He was a scumbag; why is it "unfortunate that he's deceased"?

Because we don't give our LEO the authority to execute people because they're scumbags. If being a scumbag was a death sentence, we wouldn't have many LEO.

Forum List

Back