I doubt Newsmax ignores 2020 election debacle. In any case, Ted Cruz says: Ukraine war is Biden's fault

Everyone knew the taliban was going to take over Afghanistan. Even Trump.

It had nothing to do with Ukraine.
It did have to do with Ukraine. Doesn't matter whether it was Trump or Biden or both (but it happened under Biden's watch) but letting the Taliban take over Afghanistan was an encouragement to Putin that he could take over Ukraine. Blame whomever you want, but that's what led to Ukraine being invaded.

It did have to do with Ukraine. Doesn't matter whether it was Trump or Biden or both (but it happened under Biden's watch) but letting the Taliban take over Afghanistan was an encouragement to Putin that he could take over Ukraine. Blame whomever you want, but that's what led to Ukraine being invaded.
How you know? Is this just your hunch?

Because it’s pretty ridiculous. Besides, it’s the political right that wants to just let Putin take over Ukraine. Biden warned Russia repeatedly not to try it. Republicans didn’t want to get involved.

Biden let the Taliban take over Afghanistan, giving Putin the green light to invade Ukraine.
he followed Trump's exit accords with the Taliban. He even delayed it three months to try and prop up the Afghanistan government. There was number way to get out of Afghanistan easily. One of W's two stupidest wars ever, after allowing 9/11 through sheer incompetence. And thanks for the World Depression. the GOP is a catastrophe for crying out loud.

No, it is russia's fault for being a bunch of fascist control freaks that aim to rebuild the evil empire from hell. Anyone that doesn't get this hates freedom and hates anyone that has ever fought for the concept.

How you know? Is this just your hunch?

Because it’s pretty ridiculous. Besides, it’s the political right that wants to just let Putin take over Ukraine. Biden warned Russia repeatedly not to try it. Republicans didn’t want to get involved.
It's not ridiculous at all. If we weren't going to stand up for the very democracy we helped start, why would Putin think we were going to stand up for Ukraine? Standing up for them after the invasion doesn't count. Yes, Putin miscalculated the world's resolve when it came to Ukraine but it didn't have to come to that at all.

It's not ridiculous at all. If we weren't going to stand up for the very democracy we helped start, why would Putin think we were going to stand up for Ukraine? Standing up for them after the invasion doesn't count. Yes, Putin miscalculated the world's resolve when it came to Ukraine but it didn't have to come to that at all.
We had been finding and supplying Ukraine’s government and military for years.

That’s actually the reason Putin felt he had to invade. The longer he waited, the stronger we were making Ukraines defenses.

That’s actually the reason Putin felt he had to invade. The longer he waited, the stronger we were making Ukraines defenses.
You have a point there but I still say that if we had not let Afghanistan fall Putin would have thought a lot harder about invading Ukraine and might not have. We showed him we would not defend Afghanistan so it was a lot easier for him to decide to invade Ukraine. I realize that Trump also wanted out of Ukraine, although I don't think he would have done it so badly. Biden didn't listen to his very own advisors. Both Trump and Biden were wrong about Afghanistan.

You have a point there but I still say that if we had not let Afghanistan fall Putin would have thought a lot harder about invading Ukraine and might not have. We showed him we would not defend Afghanistan so it was a lot easier for him to decide to invade Ukraine. I realize that Trump also wanted out of Ukraine, although I don't think he would have done it so badly. Biden didn't listen to his very own advisors. Both Trump and Biden were wrong about Afghanistan.
You think the fact that we defended Afghanistan for just twenty years showed we lacked resolve?

We all knew that the government of Afghanistan would fall to the Taliban. Even Trump knew it. That’s why he was signing agreements with them because Trump was pulling troops out.

Ukraine is far different.

Your idea is a huge stretch.

You think the fact that we defended Afghanistan for just twenty years showed we lacked resolve?

We all knew that the government of Afghanistan would fall to the Taliban. Even Trump knew it. That’s why he was signing agreements with them because Trump was pulling troops out.

Ukraine is far different.

Your idea is a huge stretch.
Putin didn't invade Ukraine during those 20 years. He invaded after we let the country fall to terrorists.

Putin didn't invade Ukraine during those 20 years. He invaded after we let the country fall to terrorists.
Again, everyone knew that was going to happen. Trump proclaimed loudly, and the people of this country responded favorably, that we were going to leave. Biden said the same.

We all knew Afghanistan was going to fall to the Taliban. We were okay with it.

But your insurance that these two are related is a stretch.

Again, everyone knew that was going to happen. Trump proclaimed loudly, and the people of this country responded favorably, that we were going to leave. Biden said the same.

We all knew Afghanistan was going to fall to the Taliban. We were okay with it.

But your insurance that these two are related is a stretch.
Apparently everybody was wrong. This isn't really about who's fault it is. It is just that leaving Afghanistan the way we did gave Putin the courage to invade Ukraine because he didn't think anyone would try to stop him. He was wrong on that too but it doesn't change the fact that Putin invaded because he didn't think anyone would try to stop him because no one stopped the Taliban.

Apparently everybody was wrong. This isn't really about who's fault it is. It is just that leaving Afghanistan the way we did gave Putin the courage to invade Ukraine because he didn't think anyone would try to stop him. He was wrong on that too but it doesn't change the fact that Putin invaded because he didn't think anyone would try to stop him because no one stopped the Taliban.
Putin didn’t think anyone could stop him. Remember that he thought the war would be over within days.

Putin was right that we’d never engage in direct hostilities and any attempt by the US or Europe to support Ukrainians wouldn’t have a chance to arrive in time to make a difference.

Putin didn’t think anyone could stop him. Remember that he thought the war would be over within days.

Putin was right that we’d never engage in direct hostilities and any attempt by the US or Europe to support Ukrainians wouldn’t have a chance to arrive in time to make a difference.
Putin didn't think anyone would stop him because we let Afghanistan fall to the Taliban. Yes, Putin was wrong but if Biden hadn't botched Afghanistan, Putin would have never invaded Ukraine in the first place. Now we lost one democracy and another has been invaded.

I suspect that two years into his second term Trump would have done a lot of things to discourage Putin from being a horse's ass and invading Ukraine.

However, we will never know what he might have done because the Democrats used the Chinese caused Pandemic as a cover to create fraudulent mail in and harvested ballots counted by Democrats in Democrat controlled swing districts to steal the 2020 election. Those who vote determine nothing. Those who count the votes determine everything.

So we got Joe Potatohead who didn't do jackshit about anything. The worst President this country ever had.

Putin didn't think anyone would stop him because we let Afghanistan fall to the Taliban. Yes, Putin was wrong but if Biden hadn't botched Afghanistan, Putin would have never invaded Ukraine in the first place. Now we lost one democracy and another has been invaded.
I see you’re at the point where you just repeating yourself and not developing a counter argument.

Time for me to move on.

I suspect that two years into his second term Trump would have done a lot of things to discourage Putin from being a horse's ass and invading Ukraine.
Trump would have appeased Putin. I suspect he would have promised to keep Ukraine out of NATO forever.

Trump would have appeased Putin. I suspect he would have promised to keep Ukraine out of NATO forever.
You don't know jackshit what Trump would have done because the Democrats stole the 2020 election from the American people and Trump was not the President.

We do know that Trump gave real armaments to the Ukrainian people after The Worthless Negro gave them mattresses and pillows.

Forum List

Back