I, For One, Welcome Our New Self Driving Overlords

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Researchers trick Tesla Autopilot into steering into oncoming traffic.

“Researchers have devised a simple attack that might cause a Tesla to automatically steer into oncoming traffic under certain conditions. The proof-of-concept exploit works not by hacking into the car’s onboard computing system. Instead, it works by using small, inconspicuous stickers that trick the Enhanced Autopilot of a Model S 75 into detecting and then following a change in the current lane.”

“Researchers have devised a simple attack that might cause a Tesla to automatically steer into oncoming traffic under certain conditions. The proof-of-concept exploit works not by hacking into the car’s onboard computing system. Instead, it works by using small, inconspicuous stickers that trick the Enhanced Autopilot of a Model S 75 into detecting and then following a change in the current lane.”

I'm just waiting for AOC to become President to mandate these cars and have the IRS make all these self driving cars so that conservatives will all be thrown into oncoming traffic.

Obama at least apologized for using the IRS against conservatives, but my guess is that AOC would give no such apology.

Yes, they make mistakes sometimes, but less often than people do, and that will become more and more true as the technology improves. It's funny how each time something goes wrong with this technology it gets a headline and people act like it's some crazy unsafe technology that shouldn't be implemented.

Nonsense.

Self-driving vehicles are the future.

Yes, they make mistakes sometimes, but less often than people do, and that will become more and more true as the technology improves. It's funny how each time something goes wrong with this technology it gets a headline and people act like it's some crazy unsafe technology that shouldn't be implemented.

Nonsense.

Yes, people who surrender their lives to mighty governments do have a blind faith in things they don’t understand because someone told them it was good.

Nonsense.

Yes, people who surrender their lives to mighty governments do have a blind faith in things they don’t understand because someone told them it was good.

You're wrong about this one. Automated vehicles are going to reduce road fatalities dramatically in the decades to come.

Nonsense.

You're wrong about this one. Automated vehicles are going to reduce road fatalities dramatically in the decades to come.
Blind faith in things you have no clue about how they work is a trademark of a true Leftist.

I'm still going to drive my environmentally unfriendly, obnoxious truck.

It's capable of driving on and over these barbie cars if they get in my way.

3065aacdcf4f73d6c7a4d8ea6825e5f6.jpg

Nonsense.

When the cops are targeting manually driven cars because the self driving cars dont get tickets, you will change your mind.

No way in hell will I ever trust my life to a self driving car

Shit I won't take an Uber so there's no way SIRI or Alexa is going to drive for me

I don't even want all that computer bullshit in my car

Nonsense.

Sure. If you can get past human programming errors, have sensors that actually work in inclement weather, can guarantee that vehicle recalls won't affect automated systems, teach a vehicle to feel the road and deal with black ice, guarantee that sat signal isn't lost from GPS system, and that vehicles can properly communicate together. No automated system will tow a work trailer through blinding snow safely.
No thanks, I trust myself more than some software programmer.

Last edited:

Nonsense.

Sure. If you can get past human programming errors, have sensors that actually work in inclement weather, can guarantee that vehicle recalls won't affect automated systems, teach a vehicle to feel the road and deal with black ice, guarantee that sat signal isn't lost from GPS system, and that vehicles can properly communicate together. No automated system will tow a work trailer through blinding snow safely.
And have some yahoo driving behind you hack into your car and drive you off the cliff.

Nonsense.

When the cops are targeting manually driven cars because the self driving cars dont get tickets, you will change your mind.
I will enjoy driving around automated cars making them avoid me and gleefully pay the fine.

Nonsense.

I'll take a ticket over my car driving me any day.

Nonsense.

And have some yahoo driving behind you hack into your car and drive you off the cliff.
And another cost as we will all need LifeLock to protect our vechicles.
I have a better way of making roads safer.
Quit licensing morons.

Forum List

Back