I have a serious question, why do we have the IRS ?? What the hell do they do ??

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
So let me get this straight, we needed a special prosecutor, 12 lawyers or so, millions of dollars spent just to catch one tax cheat (manafort)?

So it appears to the average joe that all Louis Lerner's IRS did was target the tea party and not their fucking job....

Did you really just ask what the IRS does? Are my eyes deceiving me?

So let me get this straight, we needed a special prosecutor, 12 lawyers or so, millions of dollars spent just to catch one tax cheat (manafort)?
Where did you get the idea millions of dollars were spent prosecuting Manafort?

Government workers don't cost anything. They are all "overhead." It's not like, if they weren't pursuing Manafort, they could have been doing something productive. They never do anything productive.

The U.S. is one of the few civilized countries that allows its citizens to calculate and pay their own taxes. In most countries, the main source of revenue is taxes that are collected automatically, so that no one has the opportunity to cheat. (The biggest single problem in Greece, causing the government to go bankrupt, was that most of the people with high incomes evaded their taxes).

The IRS oversees the tax processes, and ensures that the people who are required by law to pay taxes do so.

I look at the IRS as my ally, not my enemy. I pay my taxes and want everyone else to do likewise. If you look on the IRS as your enemy, then you are likely a tax cheat, and you'll get no support or sympathy from me. They do go overboard sometimes, but usually their actions are triggered by cheating of one kind or another.

The IRS has become the intimidation and enforcement arm of the swamp.....and dems love it.....

So it appears to the average joe that all Louis Lerner's IRS did was target the tea party and not their fucking job....

This was the last proof indicating that you're not a serious poster.

"What does the IRS do?"

2946934644_lmao_seriously_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

"What does the IRS do?"

Oh look the liberal Washington compost agrees with my OP , once again what are we paying the IRS to do? Looks like you will change your tune now ...sheep

Manafort, Cohen cases reveal weaknesses in enforcement of tax and election laws

By Damian Paletta, Robert O'Harrow Jr., Michelle Ye Hee Lee

August 25, 2018 at 6:18 PM

Paul Manafort, left, and Michael Cohen. (AP/)
Paul Manafort’s multiyear tax fraud and Michael Cohen’s ability to easily arrange campaign contributions as hush money could have been intercepted sooner based on existing tax and campaign rules.

But decisions by policymakers and lawmakers to defang regulation and defund investigations, particularly through political pressure aimed at the Internal Revenue Service, helped the behavior to go unnoticed.

On Tuesday, Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, was convicted of eight tax- and bank-fraud charges — the same day Cohen, Trump’s former attorney, pleaded guilty to tax fraud and campaign finance violations. The felonies slipped past multiple agencies and were unearthed by prosecutors and journalists only after they began digging into Trump’s inner circle. White-collar crime experts believe similar behavior is flourishing throughout the political system, exploiting the yawning gaps in government scrutiny.

Last edited:
Government workers don't cost anything. They are all "overhead." It's not like, if they weren't pursuing Manafort, they could have been doing something productive. They never do anything productive.

The U.S. is one of the few civilized countries that allows its citizens to calculate and pay their own taxes. In most countries, the main source of revenue is taxes that are collected automatically, so that no one has the opportunity to cheat. (The biggest single problem in Greece, causing the government to go bankrupt, was that most of the people with high incomes evaded their taxes).

The IRS oversees the tax processes, and ensures that the people who are required by law to pay taxes do so.

I look at the IRS as my ally, not my enemy. I pay my taxes and want everyone else to do likewise. If you look on the IRS as your enemy, then you are likely a tax cheat, and you'll get no support or sympathy from me. They do go overboard sometimes, but usually their actions are triggered by cheating of one kind or another.

You must be an IRS worker...

So 12 lawyers and staff are cheap now?

Muerller and his staff are not prosecuting Manafort, the Southern District of New York is. You really are 100% clueless as to what is going one. This is what happens when one relies on talking points from their political party for their news.

Muerller and his staff are not prosecuting Manafort, the Southern District of New York is. You really are 100% clueless as to what is going one. This is what happens when one relies on talking points from their political party for their news.

He is the one that caught him, not them ...once again what do we pay the IRS for, after all they were the ones who put Al capone in jail ...

BTW now the Washington Post who agrees with me is right wing?

You're digging yourself in a hole.

BTW now the Washington Post who agrees with me is right wing?

You're digging yourself in a hole.

The WaPo does not agree with you, you are just to stupid to comprehend what you read. Another byproduct of dropping out of school after the 2nd grade

....this sounds like my county--they hire an assessor with tax $$$$ so the assessor can assess property to RAISE taxes $$$$$
jackasses!!

"What does the IRS do?"

Oh look the liberal Washington compost agrees with my OP , once again what are we paying the IRS to do? Looks like you will change your tune now ...sheep

By Damian Paletta, Robert O'Harrow Jr., Michelle Ye Hee Lee

August 25, 2018 at 6:18 PM

Paul Manafort, left, and Michael Cohen. (AP/)
Paul Manafort’s multiyear tax fraud and Michael Cohen’s ability to easily arrange campaign contributions as hush money could have been intercepted sooner based on existing tax and campaign rules.

But decisions by policymakers and lawmakers to defang regulation and defund investigations, particularly through political pressure aimed at the Internal Revenue Service, helped the behavior to go unnoticed.

On Tuesday, Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman, was convicted of eight tax- and bank-fraud charges — the same day Cohen, Trump’s former attorney, pleaded guilty to tax fraud and campaign finance violations. The felonies slipped past multiple agencies and were unearthed by prosecutors and journalists only after they began digging into Trump’s inner circle. White-collar crime experts believe similar behavior is flourishing throughout the political system, exploiting the yawning gaps in government scrutiny.

Michael Cohen’s ability to easily arrange campaign contributions as hush money

Cohen took campaign contributions to pay people off? Baloney.

The WaPo does not agree with you, you are just to stupid to comprehend what you read. Another byproduct of dropping out of school after the 2nd grade

The OP starts a legitimate thread asking a LEGITIMATE question.....

Totally uncalled for. Noone in this thread before you started the name calling garbage. But post after post by you lefties show the disrespect and vile that you're infamous for.

As usual, TYPICAL of the Left, you begin the name calling and insults ......then you Lefties can't believe it (and totally freak out) when the Right gets tired of it and serves you back a taste of your own vile nastiness.

Get used to it......the Right has had enough

They are mostly accountants.

They grow flowers.

Forum List

Back