I have a serious question, why do we have the IRS ?? What the hell do they do ??

When Federal agencies are so Corrupt that they attack Americans for their views...............they need to be TARRED AND FEATHERED........and made to cluck like a chicken on their way to Perdition...............

A Flat tax..........do them on a post card...........would mean we could fire most of them..............and TAKE AWAY THEIR POWER......................

They have been used as a weapon.............put them away.

The WaPo does not agree with you, you are just to stupid to comprehend what you read. Another byproduct of dropping out of school after the 2nd grade

The OP starts a legitimate thread asking a LEGITIMATE question.....

Totally uncalled for. Noone in this thread before you started the name calling garbage. But post after post by you lefties show the disrespect and vile that you're infamous for.

As usual, TYPICAL of the Left, you begin the name calling and insults ......then you Lefties can't believe it (and totally freak out) when the Right gets tired of it and serves you back a taste of your own vile nastiness.

Get used to it......the Right has had enough

It was a question based upon a fundamental lack of understand of what is going on.

I did not call him names, I pointed out the facts. And he is the one that claimed to have dropped out of school after the 2nd grade, so I am merely pointing out the dangers of doing so

When Federal agencies are so Corrupt that they attack Americans for their views...............they need to be TARRED AND FEATHERED........and made to cluck like a chicken on their way to Perdition...............

A Flat tax..........do them on a post card...........would mean we could fire most of them..............and TAKE AWAY THEIR POWER......................

They have been used as a weapon.............put them away.

now this I can agree with 100%

In answer to the OP, the IRS was largely born of war efforts. But as always, once you allow government to get it's fingers in your pie (or wallet), there is no way back.

Toll roads are a great example. They are always pushed as a necessity to accomplish a specific (short term) financial goal purported to vastly benefit the communities bearing the burden, but rarely have tolls been rescinded as promised after the goals were accomplished. In fact, they are almost always raised multiple times to feed an ever hungry and greedy government bureaucratic entity or entities.

The Constitution is all about limiting government power and authority. The IRS was a MAJOR way around many of those protections. health care (single payer) is another dangerous step in that same direction)

Today, the IRS is in fact used as a political tool, and an extremely dangerous one as was factually proven by the Obama Adminstrations use of the IRS to target political opponents.

There are some beneficial services provided by such a service, most notably in National Defense, but corruption within completely desecrates any benefits it serves by putting Americans at risk of having their freedoms deprived.

The WaPo does not agree with you, you are just to stupid to comprehend what you read. Another byproduct of dropping out of school after the 2nd grade

Totally uncalled for. Noone in this thread before you started the name calling garbage. But post after post by you lefties show the disrespect and vile that you're infamous for.

As usual, TYPICAL of the Left, you begin the name calling and insults ......then you Lefties can't believe it (and totally freak out) when the Right gets tired of it and serves you back a taste of your own vile nastiness.

It was a question based upon a fundamental lack of understand of what is going on.

I did not call him names, I pointed out the facts. And he is the one that claimed to have dropped out of school after the 2nd grade, so I am merely pointing out the dangers of doing so

No you just don't want to admit the IRS is not doing their job...

Please tell us why not?

So let me get this straight, we needed a special prosecutor, 12 lawyers or so, millions of dollars spent just to catch one tax cheat (manafort)?

So it appears to the average joe that all Louis Lerner's IRS did was target the tea party and not their fucking job....

are you ****ing kidding me? Did you really ask what the IRS does & why they exist? FFS already.

So let me get this straight, we needed a special prosecutor, 12 lawyers or so, millions of dollars spent just to catch one tax cheat (manafort)?

So it appears to the average joe that all Louis Lerner's IRS did was target the tea party and not their fucking job....

All profoundly unconstitutional.

The IRS plays the role of Robin Hood...they funnel hush money to our pet humans...we don’t want them to get to uppity and start a revolution.

Please tell us why not?

I am happy with the IRS is not prosecuting people, I want them to collect the taxes and put away the gestapo tactics for good.

are you ****ing kidding me? Did you really ask what the IRS does & why they exist? FFS already.

Yeah I want to know why it took a special prosecutor to catch manafort and Cohen ....why didn't the IRS do their job, like they did with Al capone , Wesley snipes and the rest.

Yeah I want to know why it took a special prosecutor to catch manafort and Cohen ....why didn't the IRS do their job, like they did with Al capone , Wesley snipes and the rest.

Oh, OK. That must be a different thread then. Maybe, like Trump, the IRS only hires the best?

Please tell us why not?

I am happy with the IRS is not prosecuting people, I want them to collect the taxes and put away the gestapo tactics for good.

Seriously?

Are you that stupid , naive and ignorant or just playing it?

How Criminal Investigations Are Initiated | Internal Revenue Service

How Criminal Investigations Are Initiated
More In Our Agency
The Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division conducts criminal investigations regarding alleged violations of the Internal Revenue Code, the Bank Secrecy Act and various money laundering statutes. The findings of these investigations are referred to the Department of Justice for recommended prosecution.

Sources of Criminal Investigations for IRS Special Agents

Criminal Investigations can be initiated from information obtained from within the IRS when a revenue agent (auditor) or revenue officer (collection) detects possible fraud. Information is also routinely received from the public as well as from ongoing investigations underway by other law enforcement agencies or by United States Attorneys offices across the country.

Preliminary Analysis and Investigation Approvals

Special agents analyze information to determine if criminal tax fraud or some other financial crime may have occurred. Relevant information is evaluated. This preliminary process is called a “primary investigation.” The special agent’s front line supervisor reviews the preliminary information and makes the determination to approve or decline the further development of the information. If the supervisor approves, approval is obtained from the head of the office, the special agent in charge, to initiate a “subject criminal investigation.” At this point, at least two layers of CI management have reviewed the ‘primary investigation’ material and determined there is sufficient evidence to initiate a subject criminal investigation. .....

Why it is an organization that steals from the people...........gives it to others..........especially if you are in bed with politicians..........attacks anyone who calls them out............and puts people in jail for longer sentences than a Murderer...........

When your opponent needs a thrashing.............send it to do a proctology exam of your political opponents and put them in jail and or Bankrupt them..........

They don't need to find wrongs when they audit you.............they can bankrupt you while you fight them......tactic used by dirty politicians for a long time..........

Did I miss much........................

During the Obama administration the IRS was used as a tool to intimidate and punish political enemies. When the IRS chief was called to testify before congress about the allegations Obama invoked a seldom used statute to prevent testimony. Chicken shit republicans folded and the case ended.

Please tell us why not?

Seriously?

Are you that stupid , naive and ignorant or just playing it?

How Criminal Investigations Are Initiated | Internal Revenue Service

How Criminal Investigations Are Initiated
More In Our Agency
The Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division conducts criminal investigations regarding alleged violations of the Internal Revenue Code, the Bank Secrecy Act and various money laundering statutes. The findings of these investigations are referred to the Department of Justice for recommended prosecution.

Sources of Criminal Investigations for IRS Special Agents

Criminal Investigations can be initiated from information obtained from within the IRS when a revenue agent (auditor) or revenue officer (collection) detects possible fraud. Information is also routinely received from the public as well as from ongoing investigations underway by other law enforcement agencies or by United States Attorneys offices across the country.

Preliminary Analysis and Investigation Approvals

Special agents analyze information to determine if criminal tax fraud or some other financial crime may have occurred. Relevant information is evaluated. This preliminary process is called a “primary investigation.” The special agent’s front line supervisor reviews the preliminary information and makes the determination to approve or decline the further development of the information. If the supervisor approves, approval is obtained from the head of the office, the special agent in charge, to initiate a “subject criminal investigation.” At this point, at least two layers of CI management have reviewed the ‘primary investigation’ material and determined there is sufficient evidence to initiate a subject criminal investigation. .....

Yes, I am aware that they do that, I am against them doing that. In my opinion it is too much power in one agency. I realize that you are a supporter of big government, but I am not. As we have seen, agencies abuse their power when they are given too much. Spread the power out, let the justice system handle this.

So, you justify calling people stupid, and in your mind that makes it "ok"? I see.
NP. Just pointing out that you started it in this thread.
Just don't squeal when you and your Leftist pals get trashed as well.

The IRS has in fact become a corrupt political tool.
As pointed out above, the IRS started out as a tool to fund war efforts. Since then it has exceeded it's boundaries exponentially and is a growing threat to freedom.

Government bureaucracy is one of the most significant problems facing this nation. China is surpassing the USA in economic size SOLELY because it does not have to deal with the massive bureaucracy created in the USA. China accomplishes major projects in months that the USA cannot given years simply due to bureaucracy strangulation. it is literally KILLING the USA and yet Leftist scream for more and more government control Pure lunacy.

That is not to say China is in any way superior to the USA. It's the leftist who are creating the massive bureaucratic problems with their quest for omnipotent government control. The post by DGS49 for example perfectly illustrated the sickness I mention. The US Constitution is 100% the opposite of his silly argument.

During the Obama administration the IRS was used as a tool to intimidate and punish political enemies. When the IRS chief was called to testify before congress about the allegations Obama invoked a seldom used statute to prevent testimony. Chicken shit republicans folded and the case ended.

Which is why I would like to take the power of prosecution/persecution away from them.

So, you justify calling people stupid, and in your mind that makes it "ok"? I see.
NP. Just pointing out that you started it in this thread.
Just don't squeal when you and your Leftist pals get trashed as well.

The IRS has in fact become a corrupt political tool.
As pointed out above, the IRS started out as a tool to fund war efforts. Since then it has exceeded it's boundaries exponentially and is a growing threat to freedom.

Government bureaucracy is one of the most significant problems facing this nation. China is surpassing the USA in economic size SOLELY because it does not have to deal with the massive bureaucracy created in the USA. China accomplishes major projects in months that the USA cannot given years simply due to bureaucracy strangulation. it is literally KILLING the USA and yet Leftist scream for more and more government control Pure lunacy.

That is not to say China is in any way superior to the USA. It's the leftist who are creating the massive bureaucratic problems with their quest for omnipotent government control. The post by DGS49 for example perfectly illustrated the sickness I mention. The US Constitution is 100% the opposite of his silly argument.

Your fellow Trump buttbuddy is wanting the IRS to have more power, I am wanting them to have less...and in your fucked up little mind I am the lefty.

Fuck you people are just stupid, there is no other word for it.

In our country, the constitution prevents *digging* for wrongdoing. It's considered a violation of our human rights. Probably cause is required. Of course there was none with Manafort and Cohen...they were raided and investigated not because they had done anything wrong, but because of who they work for.

And in the melee, under the microscope. they were found to have engaged in some questionable practices that are typical of campaign managers everywhere...and which generally result in a fine only if they are caught (as Obama and Bernie were fined).

McCain Staffer Urged IRS to Target Conservative Groups with Audits That Would Be "Financially Ruinous"

Here’s a small sample of the memo written about the meeting between Kerner and Lerner, again taken from the Judicial Watch statement:

Henry Kerner asked how to get to the abuse of organizations claiming section 501 (c)(4) but designed to be primarily political. Lois Lerner said the system works, but not in real time. Henry Kerner noted that these organizations don’t disclose donors. Lois Lerner said that if they don’t meet the requirements, we can come in and revoke, but it doesn’t happen timely. Nan Marks said if the concern is that organizations engaging in this activity don’t disclose donors, then the system doesn’t work. Henry Kerner said that maybe the solution is to audit so many that it is financially ruinous. Nikole noted that we have budget constraints. Elise Bean suggested using the list of organizations that made independent expenditures. Lois Lerner said that it is her job to oversee it all, not just political campaign activity.

You read that right. John McCain’s staff director and chief counsel for the Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee was pressing the IRS to come down so hard on tax-exempt organizations that the organizations would be forced to end their activities. Mind you, all activities would be terminated, not just those of an alleged political nature.

Forum List

Back