I have a serious question, why do we have the IRS ?? What the hell do they do ??

Kerner now works for Trump.........talk about bad decisions..............I still wonder if he knew what this guy said and did..........

That guy should be clucking like a chicken right now.

Well my plan is to make them (the IRS) work for my money. With Trump's tax reform there'll be no more Turbo Taxing it for me. We're retired on a fixed income and so tallying up between us one Social Security benefit and three pensions plus a little bit of taxable interest makes estimating taxes due relatively easy. By my latest estimate our federal return will be $19. I'll spend a bit of that on a postage stamp to submit my return.

Have to admit I was a bit upset with lack of IRS' oversight of Manafort taxes. They've always had no trouble pointing out my oversights and asking for additional dough. I hate receiving those letters, last one a few years ago stated hey that 75% discount in Arizona State tuition your son received is taxable - pay up. Peanuts compared to Manafort's. For the first time I was curious what Trump's taxes is hiding?

:ack-1:
Well my plan is to make them (the IRS) work for my money. With Trump's tax reform there'll be no more Turbo Taxing it for me. We're retired on a fixed income and so tallying up between us one Social Security benefit and three pensions plus a little bit of taxable interest makes estimating taxes due relatively easy. By my latest estimate our federal return will be $19. I'll spend a bit of that on a postage stamp to submit my return.

Have to admit I was a bit upset with lack of IRS' oversight of Manafort taxes. They've always had no trouble pointing out my oversights and asking for additional dough. I hate receiving those letters, last one a few years ago stated hey that 75% discount in Arizona State tuition your son received is taxable - pay up. Peanuts compared to Manafort's. For the first time I was curious what Trump's taxes is hiding?

a LOT of rubles :abgg2q.jpg:

The OP starts a legitimate thread asking a LEGITIMATE question.....

Totally uncalled for. Noone in this thread before you started the name calling garbage. But post after post by you lefties show the disrespect and vile that you're infamous for.

As usual, TYPICAL of the Left, you begin the name calling and insults ......then you Lefties can't believe it (and totally freak out) when the Right gets tired of it and serves you back a taste of your own vile nastiness.

Get used to it......the Right has had enough

It was a question based upon a fundamental lack of understand of what is going on.

I did not call him names, I pointed out the facts. And he is the one that claimed to have dropped out of school after the 2nd grade, so I am merely pointing out the dangers of doing so

No you just don't want to admit the IRS is not doing their job...

Please tell us why not?

I am happy with the IRS is not prosecuting people, I want them to collect the taxes and put away the gestapo tactics for good.

Seriously?

Are you that stupid , naive and ignorant or just playing it?

How Criminal Investigations Are Initiated | Internal Revenue Service

How Criminal Investigations Are Initiated
More In Our Agency
The Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division conducts criminal investigations regarding alleged violations of the Internal Revenue Code, the Bank Secrecy Act and various money laundering statutes. The findings of these investigations are referred to the Department of Justice for recommended prosecution.

Sources of Criminal Investigations for IRS Special Agents

Criminal Investigations can be initiated from information obtained from within the IRS when a revenue agent (auditor) or revenue officer (collection) detects possible fraud. Information is also routinely received from the public as well as from ongoing investigations underway by other law enforcement agencies or by United States Attorneys offices across the country.

Preliminary Analysis and Investigation Approvals

Special agents analyze information to determine if criminal tax fraud or some other financial crime may have occurred. Relevant information is evaluated. This preliminary process is called a “primary investigation.” The special agent’s front line supervisor reviews the preliminary information and makes the determination to approve or decline the further development of the information. If the supervisor approves, approval is obtained from the head of the office, the special agent in charge, to initiate a “subject criminal investigation.” At this point, at least two layers of CI management have reviewed the ‘primary investigation’ material and determined there is sufficient evidence to initiate a subject criminal investigation. .....

Yes, I am aware that they do that, I am against them doing that. In my opinion it is too much power in one agency. I realize that you are a supporter of big government, but I am not. As we have seen, agencies abuse their power when they are given too much. Spread the power out, let the justice system handle this.

This is my entire point , what are we paying the IRS for and what are they doing?

The IRS is supposed to initiate criminal investigations and send them out to be prosecuted...

But with manafort and Cohen it was the other way around, the special prosecutor dug through the paper trail at the IRS .. so hence the IRS is not doing a damn thing except collecting a pay check.

How many other people have not got caught???

It was a question based upon a fundamental lack of understand of what is going on.

I did not call him names, I pointed out the facts. And he is the one that claimed to have dropped out of school after the 2nd grade, so I am merely pointing out the dangers of doing so

No you just don't want to admit the IRS is not doing their job...

Please tell us why not?

I am happy with the IRS is not prosecuting people, I want them to collect the taxes and put away the gestapo tactics for good.

Seriously?

Are you that stupid , naive and ignorant or just playing it?

How Criminal Investigations Are Initiated | Internal Revenue Service

How Criminal Investigations Are Initiated
More In Our Agency
The Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division conducts criminal investigations regarding alleged violations of the Internal Revenue Code, the Bank Secrecy Act and various money laundering statutes. The findings of these investigations are referred to the Department of Justice for recommended prosecution.

Sources of Criminal Investigations for IRS Special Agents

Criminal Investigations can be initiated from information obtained from within the IRS when a revenue agent (auditor) or revenue officer (collection) detects possible fraud. Information is also routinely received from the public as well as from ongoing investigations underway by other law enforcement agencies or by United States Attorneys offices across the country.

Preliminary Analysis and Investigation Approvals

Special agents analyze information to determine if criminal tax fraud or some other financial crime may have occurred. Relevant information is evaluated. This preliminary process is called a “primary investigation.” The special agent’s front line supervisor reviews the preliminary information and makes the determination to approve or decline the further development of the information. If the supervisor approves, approval is obtained from the head of the office, the special agent in charge, to initiate a “subject criminal investigation.” At this point, at least two layers of CI management have reviewed the ‘primary investigation’ material and determined there is sufficient evidence to initiate a subject criminal investigation. .....

Yes, I am aware that they do that, I am against them doing that. In my opinion it is too much power in one agency. I realize that you are a supporter of big government, but I am not. As we have seen, agencies abuse their power when they are given too much. Spread the power out, let the justice system handle this.

This is my entire point , what are we paying the IRS for and what are they doing?

The IRS is supposed to initiate criminal investigations and send them out to be prosecuted...

But with manafort and Cohen it was the other way around, the special prosecutor dug through the paper trail at the IRS .. so hence the IRS is not doing a damn thing except collecting a pay check.

How many other people have not got caught???

They are collecting taxes, which is what they were created to do. Why they fuck do you want to give them even more power?

Again, the republicans control everything and could end the IRS tomorrow if they wanted to.

Yet they don’t because they are useless.

2 parties same result..............The embedded career politicians, their lobbies, and embedded people across the entire Federal Agencies is why they get away with massive abuse of power and self enrichment..................And you need 60 in the Senate to get whatever you want.............it is a Graveyard of bills..........by design...............Thanks to the Founding Fathers............

Federal Agencies that are used to attack the citizens of this country for political means................As I already stated..........Tarred and Feathered on their way to Perdition.

What the IRS does: collects the shakedown money from terrified taxpayers who don't want the Feds to ruin their lives.

We have given the Federal Gov't too much power..............and we've allowed them to squander the future of America.........they have abused the future of the children and the children's children long enough.............Washington needs to be cleaned.......................completely.................

Chopping the nuts off the IRS would be a good start.
125up5.jpg

So let me get this straight, we needed a special prosecutor, 12 lawyers or so, millions of dollars spent just to catch one tax cheat (manafort)?

So it appears to the average joe that all Louis Lerner's IRS did was target the tea party and not their fucking job....

Manafort has nothing to do with the IRS . Neither do his prosecutors.

Do you think people will just pay their taxes in their own if no IRS? How would they even figure out their taxes ?

What the IRS does: collects the shakedown money from terrified taxpayers who don't want the Feds to ruin their lives.

How should we fund the country ? On smiles and sunshine ?

Maybe a big tip jar outside of Congress will do!

We have given the Federal Gov't too much power..............and we've allowed them to squander the future of America.........they have abused the future of the children and the children's children long enough.............Washington needs to be cleaned.......................completely.................

125up5.jpg

I like your meme!

And the answer is no, because those in charge have divided us along so many different lines that we are far too busy fighting with each other to ever stand against the Fed Govt...which is why we have been divided in such a way.

A divided people are easier to control.

So let me get this straight, we needed a special prosecutor, 12 lawyers or so, millions of dollars spent just to catch one tax cheat (manafort)?

So it appears to the average joe that all Louis Lerner's IRS did was target the tea party and not their fucking job....

Do you think people will just pay their taxes in their own if no IRS? How would they even figure out their taxes ?
Flat tax simplifies the code......some business codes would be complicated........to a degree.......but would allow us to cut the living hell out of their personnel....................and take away for power to use it as a weapon...............

It would go over a hell of a lot better than ABOLISH ICE..........

Run on ABOLISH ICE............we'll run on ABOLISH the IRS....

See who the American people side with.......
:iyfyus.jpg:

How should we fund the country ? On smiles and sunshine ?

Maybe a big tip jar outside of Congress will do!

Not with a tax code that started with a 1% tax rate and is now at 40%.

Not with a tax code larded up with additional payroll taxes for a Ponzi Scheme which politicians have looted for crap.

Not with a tax code that is so complicated that nobody (not even the IRS helpline staff) understands it and which can be used to find "violations" with which to bludgeon political opponents.

125up5.jpg

I like your meme!

And the answer is no, because those in charge have divided us along so many different lines that we are far too busy fighting with each other to ever stand against the Fed Govt...which is why we have been divided in such a way.

A divided people are easier to control.
Yes............that is their purpose..........both sides...............

Without it........they would be fleeing for their lives...................

Flat tax simplifies the code......some business codes would be complicated........to a degree.......but would allow us to cut the living hell out of their personnel....................and take away for power to use it as a weapon...............

ICE has only existed for like 15 years . What did we do before thAt??

Simplify the tax code ? That’s so naive .

Just think of how complicated the question “what is your income “ can be .

I never file electronically.

Always mail it in.

Used to fill the forms in by hand but the PDFs make corrections so easy.

Never do that stupid 1040-V .

Just another way to show how inept they are.

Cash deals rule!

Scuze moi, you silly little person. The pretext to put the screws to Manafort was tax fraud.

ICE has only existed for like 15 years . What did we do before thAt??

Simplify the tax code ? That’s so naive .

Just think of how complicated the question “what is your income “ can be .
When you grow up get back to me...............It was called the INS before 9/11 ........the name was changed and suddenly people go ........see it didn't exist before..............Of course it did.......

Now I want you to hold your nose..........blow as hard as you can............and dislodge your head from your ass.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back