I hear VZ is a good buy right now

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
The stock is way down, as are all telecom stocks, questions about lead cabling, and costly replacement. My stock guy said to load up.

VZ and ATT got hammered today on CNN. VZ is slightly less bad than ATT which is a dog with fleas. FWIW they said Comcast was the way to go.

I never buy stocks because real estate is way better.
Not only do houses appreciate much faster and steady than stocks, but if housing prices flatten, then rents tend to go up and you still make out.
With real estate, all you have to do is come up with the financing, and then the tenants buy the property for you.
Not to mention all the tax breaks.

I hate ATT and Comcast so much that I couldn't invest in either, and I'm not a huge fan of VZ, but 6-7 years ago I owned it when it was $54, and it's $31 now.

I never buy stocks because real estate is way better.
Not only do houses appreciate much faster and steady than stocks, but if housing prices flatten, then rents tend to go up and you still make out.
With real estate, all you have to do is come up with the financing, and then the tenants buy the property for you.
Not to mention all the tax breaks.
Yea, and they are a pain in the ass, you have deadbeat tenants, property taxes, and repairs, I watch my money grow and do nothing.

I'm watching it right now, why do you ask?

Wanting to see if you put your money where you mouth is.

Right now VZ is about 10 dollars off its high for the year. So, even if it gets back to that you are only talking about 10 dollars a share profit, so you would need to buy a ton of them to make it worth while.

It has been going down since 2019 when it peaked around 61. Do you think it will get back there any time soon?

Of course, it's a great buy, just like Meta was.

But you might not want to take the risk. Stick with something safe, like Walmart or Mickey D's.

How many shares did you buy?

Is it a long term investment for you or something you plan to dump in a year or less?

How about this...

I bought 333 shares of IMUX for $1.48 a share. Lets see who made the most money off their stock in say 6 months or a year?

You game?

Not really. I have lots of holdings, VZ is a small fish in a large pond. You have what, $500 invested?

Apples and oranges.

That was just one example. I have literally hundreds of thousands of dollars invested. Most of it I do not mess with and pay professionals to do so. Then I have my mad money for stocks like the one I listed.

Why are you so scared to do this little wager?

Just tell us all how many shares you bought and I will do all the math for it.

Aren't you older than I am?

What does that have to do with anything?

You accused me of "knowing nothing"....this is a good chance for you to back up your words for a change.

Forum List

Back