I loathe black history month....hate it

OTOH, when people identify with their race as a part of their culture and want them to succeed and to project a positive image among other races and cultures, I'm all for it.
But perpetuating and basing a separate culture in race is segregation. That’s the problem.
Notice that the military doesn’t have this problem?
My kid’s secondary school, the same thing. It was rooted in a common culture (religious) and the race element became moot.

OTOH, when people identify with their race as a part of their culture and want them to succeed and to project a positive image among other races and cultures, I'm all for it.
But perpetuating and basing a separate culture in race is segregation. That’s the problem.
My kid’s secondary school, the same thing. It was rooted in a common culture (religious) and the race element became moot.

You say it's wrong, based upon what? What makes race anything worse than separating boys from girls restrooms?

You say it's wrong, based upon what? What makes race anything worse than separating boys from girls restrooms?
Because it’s entirely superficial and ultimately divisive. There are legit, physiological and innate distinctions between genders. Not race. What’s more, you need to account for mixed race.

Because it’s entirely superficial and ultimately divisive. There are legit, physiological and innate distinctions between genders. Not race. What’s more, you need to account for mixed race.

Scientists disagree with you. If people choose to identify themselves by race as the OP did, he has every Right to do so.

Scientists disagree with you. If people choose to identify themselves by race as the OP did, he has every Right to do so.
I’m not talking about rights. Everyone, and especially this OP, has the right to be bigoted and racist if that’s the route they choose to go. I’m talking about morality vs feigned inevitability. There is nothing innate about people being compelled to affiliate by race exclusively. Culture is more persuasive. When the culture is predicated on and propagated vis-a-vis skin color, weaker minds will conform to that.

I’m not talking about rights. Everyone, and especially this OP, has the right to be bigoted and racist if that’s the route they choose to go. I’m talking about morality vs feigned inevitability. There is nothing innate about people being compelled to affiliate by race exclusively. Culture is more persuasive. When the culture is predicated on and propagated vis-a-vis skin color, weaker minds will conform to that.

There are a lot of people that have an opinion about race without being a racist per se. The real application of the word bigot is someone who exercises prejudice in judging those who do have a racial perspective.

Again, I cannot justify or defend anyone who uses their racial view to harm someone of another race, but just because someone develops a racial viewpoint does not automatically equal racist.

There are a lot of people that have an opinion about race without being a racist per se. The real application of the word bigot is someone who exercises prejudice in judging those who do have a racial perspective.

Again, I cannot justify or defend anyone who uses their racial view to harm someone of another race, but just because someone develops a racial viewpoint does not automatically equal racist.
This particular OP has a sordid history. Unfortunately, it’s not too uncommon among his self-segregating Ilk.

This particular OP has a sordid history. Unfortunately, it’s not too uncommon among his self-segregating Ilk.

All of us have a history marred by sin, bad decisions, etc. Granted some people do way down the tubes, but it's not about where you are today. It's where you aspire to be at tomorrow.

All of us have a history marred by sin, bad decisions, etc. Granted some people do way down the tubes, but it's not about where you are today. It's where you aspire to be at tomorrow.
Take it up with the OP.

Forum List

Back