I loathe black history month....hate it

I agree that we need to get rid of Black History Month. Replace it with:
Black-American History Week.
Asian-American History Week.
White-American History Week.
Indigenous-Peoples History Week.
Polynesian-American History Wek.
That should satisfy just about everyone and end the bitching.

This is perhaps the most wasted holiday ever derived for people of color. The black community is about as divided as a race, than any group on the planet. We stand for nothing, fall for everything and could care less about each other, especially within our male population. Today's generation is about as clueless as a light switch about its history, is more inclined to embrace any other culture but their own and our men, our foot soldiers.....all dead on arrival....the biggest sellouts in history

And to see the celebrations is a joke....I wish BH month would just end, until black people can get their shit together, which is never ever ever ever gonna happen. February, the most wasted month for black history!!

So you hate blacks and whites. At least you're fair and balanced in your hate.

History is history.

Sorry, but the settling and building of this country is primarily the history of those who separated from our British ancestors. Everybody else came along for the ride.

What about White-Hispanic week?

What about White-Hispanic week?
You're right, I forgot one. That should about cover it though.

This is perhaps the most wasted holiday ever derived for people of color. The black community is about as divided as a race, than any group on the planet. We stand for nothing, fall for everything and could care less about each other, especially within our male population. Today's generation is about as clueless as a light switch about its history, is more inclined to embrace any other culture but their own and our men, our foot soldiers.....all dead on arrival....the biggest sellouts in history

And to see the celebrations is a joke....I wish BH month would just end, until black people can get their shit together, which is never ever ever ever gonna happen. February, the most wasted month for black history!!

Racist.
You don't even know what you are talking about.

Why do you say that?

What about Chinese - Hispanic - Transsexual week? Are you advocating discrimination?

There is nothing wrong with celebrating your ethnicity.

As long as you remember we’re all Americans.

:CryingCow:

Why the fuck do people need to be recognized for their skin color?
Bigotry. Racist bigotry.

Which is fine. I hate basketball, football, baseball, the Superbowl is the biggest waste of time. People sat watching adverts and having their viewing interrupted by people banging into each other.

But it doesn't matter. Other people like it, so it happens. I ignore it all.

I think that Black History Month is an excellent idea.

I think that it is helpful to remember something that I once heard and can never forget: African Americans are the most American of all Americans (except, of course, for the Native Americans).

That is to say, most of today's Caucasians' ancestors came to the States after the Civil War. Many, in fact, came at the beginning of the 20th century. But most of today's African Americans' ancestors were living here before the Civil War.

`
Latino-American History Week.
`

Bigotry. Racist bigotry.

Bigotry is defined as "intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself..."

bigotry - Bing

If I'm not mistaken, that is exactly what your post just did.

ALL of us have an innate desire to belong. We go to family reunions and in sports we identify with certain teams that carry a certain logo and the name of a geographical area on them. An Asian girl almost won the last America's Got Talent show and I felt a tinge of pride since she lives in our neighborhood.

Race is much more than just about your skin color. It is an indicator of other important things about you. A black man sees other black people and can identify with them culturally. They share a common history. And so I think the OP looks at other black people; he thinks about his history and the history of those like him, extending back many years into the trials and tribulations of his ancestors from the African continent where his generational history began.

Many people believe that their Bible speaks directly to a specific people. In modern churchianity (as differentiated from Christianity), people think of Jews as "God's chosen people." And, what exactly, determines that status? Is it not just as much a biological / genetic identification as it is one about what they believe? It would also be true that race is an indicator of a person's biological make-up... an indicator of their genetic being. It is an indicator of who they are - who their ancestors were.

Certainly race is not the only component of who we are, but it is the most visible. If we are told that a Chinese man will be visiting us today, we don't imagine in our heads a fair skinned man with light color hair and wearing a kilt. We know what a Chinese looks like since over 98 percent of the people in the China are the same ethnic type of people. And it must be a big deal to some societies. China is 98 percent plus Han Chinese; Japan over 97 percent the same race; Koreans are up there with them... perhaps even more in cultural / ethnic / racial integrity.

I think the OP has every right to be frustrated with his race. If there were no value in preserving race, the concept of family and belonging would not be an innate feature of human beings. Granted, race - in and of itself is not the only thing that is relevant, but it is a visible trait just as the physical traits of your immediate relatives is apparent to you.

I don't see the OP being a bigot; I see him as being someone with a legitimate issue at a time when NO value is placed on family, culture, and religion.

Bigotry. Racist bigotry.

Bigotry is defined as "intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself..."

bigotry - Bing

ALL of us have an innate desire to belong. We go to family reunions and in sports we identify with certain teams that carry a certain logo and the name of a geographical area on them. An Asian girl almost won the last America's Got Talent show and I felt a tinge of pride since she lives in our neighborhood.

Race is much more than just about your skin color. It is an indicator of other important things about you. A black man sees other black people and can identify with them culturally. They share a common history. And so I think the OP looks at other black people; he thinks about his history and the history of those like him, extending back many years into the trials and tribulations of his ancestors from the African continent where his generational history began.

Many people believe that their Bible speaks directly to a specific people. In modern churchianity (as differentiated from Christianity), people think of Jews as "God's chosen people." And, what exactly, determines that status? Is it not just as much a biological / genetic identification as it is one about what they believe? It would also be true that race is an indicator of a person's biological make-up... an indicator of their genetic being. It is an indicator of who they are - who their ancestors were.

Certainly race is not the only component of who we are, but it is the most visible. If we are told that a Chinese man will be visiting us today, we don't imagine in our heads a fair skinned man with light color hair and wearing a kilt. We know what a Chinese looks like since over 98 percent of the people in the China are the same ethnic type of people. And it must be a big deal to some societies. China is 98 percent plus Han Chinese; Japan over 97 percent the same race; Koreans are up there with them... perhaps even more in cultural / ethnic / racial integrity.

I think the OP has every right to be frustrated with his race. If there were no value in preserving race, the concept of family and belonging would not be an innate feature of human beings. Granted, race - in and of itself is not the only thing that is relevant, but it is a visible trait just as the physical traits of your immediate relatives is apparent to you.

I don't see the OP being a bigot; I see him as being someone with a legitimate issue at a time when NO value is placed on family, culture, and religion.
I totally agree with assessment of the innate human need to belong. That often overwhelms judgment.
But culture carries more weight than skin color. Only when ostensible race elements are propagated so intensely do people allow that to skew their judgment.
The democrat party thrives on that very calculated propaganda and pure bigots like the OP manifest that indoctrinated bigotry incessantly.

I disagree. There are many good, successful black models for our young ones to emulate. WE need good models for our youngsters in every section of the population.
I agree, however we have a long long long way to go. The key to our success are black men owning up...and that shit ain't never gonna happen..too many cowards in the mix.
Punch yourself in the face and get it over with

Bigotry. Racist bigotry.

bigotry - Bing

I totally agree with assessment of the innate human need to belong. That often overwhelms judgment.
But culture carries more weight than skin color. Only when ostensible race elements are propagated so intensely do people allow that to skew their judgment.
The democrat party thrives on that very calculated propaganda and pure bigots like the OP manifest that indoctrinated bigotry incessantly.

I guess that is where we have to disagree. Race is an element related to culture. True left wing bigots would have called me a racist over that, but race is related to our culture. Otherwise we would not have an NAACP, Black History Month, the SCLC, that alt-right, White Nationalists, CAIR, the JDL, etc., etc. ALL of those organizations exist because the members identify with groups upon which their DNA is predicated and, in most instances, those things they hold near and dear came from things people share in a genetic related area, most visibly by their race.

Bigotry. Racist bigotry.

bigotry - Bing

I guess that is where we have to disagree. Race is an element related to culture. True left wing bigots would have called me a racist over that, but race is related to our culture. Otherwise we would not have an NAACP, Black History Month, the SCLC, that alt-right, White Nationalists, CAIR, the JDL, etc., etc. ALL of those organizations exist because the members identify with groups upon which their DNA is predicated and, in most instances, those things they hold near and dear came from things people share in a genetic related area, most visibly by their race.
You’re putting the cart before the horse. It’s because of divisive entities like the NAACP and BET, etc., and the Democrat political opportunism exacerbating that division that we have the polarization and essential segregation. The more the race element is emphasized the larger the divide grows.

Bigotry. Racist bigotry.

bigotry - Bing

You’re putting the cart before the horse. It’s because of divisive entities like the NAACP and BET, etc., and the Democrat political opportunism exacerbating that division that we have the polarization and essential segregation. The more the race element is emphasized the larger the divide grows.

I see both sides milking race related issues. For decades the anti-immigrant lobby told me that if I would go down to the hospital I could "see" people they call illegal aliens getting free (sic) medical care.

Whoa. If I'm supposed to "see" these people and make a determination as to their immigration status, it has to be made upon a physical appearance... race? Oh yeah, the masses try to deny the concept of race, but they are always peeing down my neck and claiming it's raining.

When people use race as a tool to vent intolerance or hatred - even feelings of ill will, I cannot defend it. OTOH, when people identify with their race as a part of their culture and want them to succeed and to project a positive image among other races and cultures, I'm all for it.

Forum List

Back