I lost two friends because of trying to tell a joke through texting and voicemail

I text fairly often. Certainly more than I talk on the phone. It has advantages.
1) The other person can respond when they are free. You don't interrupt them.
2) Misunderstanding intent may be a problem, but not information. If I tell you to be at 1402 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, you won't end up on Peachtree Road, or Peachtree Corners.
3) You have documentation of what you said and what was said to you. You can refer back to it weeks later.
4) You can send pics and videos. At my job, using pictures to document things and distributing them to the right people save hours, dollars and miles.
5) Personal text messages all you to carry on a conversation when you have time. Going to be waiting for 5 mins? Catch up. You both are at work? You talk when you can and they talk when they can.

The big things are to never text while driving. Proof before you send. Make sure you are texting the right person. If not, remember #3 above.

what's wrong with a 15-20 phone conversation? It was fine in 99

I text fairly often. Certainly more than I talk on the phone. It has advantages.
2) Misunderstanding intent may be a problem, but not information. If I tell you to be at 1402 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, you won't end up on Peachtree Road, or Peachtree Corners.
3) You have documentation of what you said and what was said to you. You can refer back to it weeks later.
4) You can send pics and videos. At my job, using pictures to document things and distributing them to the right people save hours, dollars and miles.
5) Personal text messages all you to carry on a conversation when you have time. Going to be waiting for 5 mins? Catch up. You both are at work? You talk when you can and they talk when they can.

The big things are to never text while driving. Proof before you send. Make sure you are texting the right person. If not, remember #3 above.
I think we need to adopt the German model of motoring. On the Autobahn, no eating, drinking or texting. But you can drive crazy FAST. I can deal with that.

Did I not just list 5 good reasons?

1) The idea that whoever you need to talk to has 15-20 mins to talk when you do does not always work.
2) It is more likely that you give misunderstood info, since things often sound alike. But spelled out it is clear.
3) If someone sends a text to say when to be at work, you have documentation of what you were told. A 15-20 min phone call leaves you with no proof or documentation.
4) I can send one picture to 5 people, instead of having 5 conversations trying to describe something.
5) My girlfriend and I work out social plans, menus, travel arrangements and lots of details of life via text. If she has 10 mins at 9:30, she can send the text. If I am busy, I can read it when I have a little time. There are times when a 15-20 min phone call cannot be done.

1) The idea that whoever you need to talk to has 15-20 mins to talk when you do does not always work.
2) It is more likely that you give misunderstood info, since things often sound alike. But spelled out it is clear.
3) If someone sends a text to say when to be at work, you have documentation of what you were told. A 15-20 min phone call leaves you with no proof or documentation.
4) I can send one picture to 5 people, instead of having 5 conversations trying to describe something.
5) My girlfriend and I work out social plans, menus, travel arrangements and lots of details of life via text. If she has 10 mins at 9:30, she can send the text. If I am busy, I can read it when I have a little time. There are times when a 15-20 min phone call cannot be done.

But why were phone calls ok back in 99 and not now?

Did you have texting capabilities on your cell phone in 1999? But in 1999, did you send more Snail Mail or Email?

Did you have texting capabilities on your cell phone in 1999? But in 1999, did you send more Snail Mail or Email?

I didn't get my first cell until 2010

That my be a very good answer to the most recent question you asked. In 1999 not everyone had cell phone. In 2016 almost everyone has a cell phone, while fewer and fewer people have home landlines.

That my be a very good answer to the most recent question you asked. In 1999 not everyone had cell phone. In 2016 almost everyone has a cell phone, while fewer and fewer people have home landlines.

I only text when I am not home

So I learn from my mistakes and effective April of 2016, I will not have a texting conversation ever again. My limit now is send one text a day and send one response a day. If I call someone and the voicemail comes on, don't leave shit just hang up the phone.

All my communication now will be face to face or telephone as i move forward. I must learn from this experience.

Just use voicemail for what it's intended for -- raw one-way information. "Got your package today"... "I'll be there around 3:30" --- not things that require feedback (two-way).

Yanno the Amish don't use telephones for that reason --- it takes away the subtle content of visual face-to-face commuication.

Texting, I have yet to figure out any reason for that to exist at all, other than as an emergency last resort when phone communication is out.

I like that you can talk to text. If you are talking to text, then just call!

So I learn from my mistakes and effective April of 2016, I will not have a texting conversation ever again. My limit now is send one text a day and send one response a day. If I call someone and the voicemail comes on, don't leave shit just hang up the phone.

All my communication now will be face to face or telephone as i move forward. I must learn from this experience.

Just use voicemail for what it's intended for -- raw one-way information. "Got your package today"... "I'll be there around 3:30" --- not things that require feedback (two-way).

Yanno the Amish don't use telephones for that reason --- it takes away the subtle content of visual face-to-face commuication.

Texting, I have yet to figure out any reason for that to exist at all, other than as an emergency last resort when phone communication is out.
I text Poker 8:30 Friday u in?

To 20 people every Friday morning. I'm not calling 20 people

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
I still like Phone sex so I like the phone. I will be calling someone at 12am tonight

It's hard to hold my dick and text and at the same time lol

ImageUploadedByUSMessageBoard.com1460429827.746096.jpg

I think that's what phone trees are for. You call one person, pass it on.

And besides, if you do that every Friday, those 20 oughta know the routine by now.

I think that's what phone trees are for. You call one person, pass it on.

And besides, if you do that every Friday, those 20 oughta know the routine by now.
You would think

The second girl told me she forgives me but won't forget what I said. Huh?

The other girl never responded to my apology so i wll never know her ass smells like

Texting is for people you do not want to talk to. In my case, that is almost everyone.

Forum List

Back