I notice they have a comments section on Fox News but not CNN or MSNBC. Why the fear of free speech?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Just as they silence rational, open debate conservatives on twitter and facebook. Why the fear? Do the youth of today understand this, or do they just consume the message that their re-education masters provide?

Without free speech and debate, a society collapses quickly. There is a reason China invested hundreds of millions to influence the U.S education system.

You're right. They don't have comments.

Things did not improve once Air Force One lifted off. The President received a report that only about 25 people were assembled in the overflow space the campaign had reserved for a crowd Trump claimed five days earlier would top 40,000. ...

When the President landed in Tulsa at 5:51 p.m. local time, the crowds his aides had promised him had failed to materialize. Air Force One flew over the arena, where Trump had been told thousands of supporters would be waiting to hear from him before he went inside, but saw nothing resembling the sea of people he'd been expecting.

While he was in the air, the campaign had canceled the outside appearance given the apparent lack of enthusiasm. ...

The rally came the same day the Trump campaign announced it had raised $74 million in May in conjunction with the Republican National Committee -- $7 million less than what Biden and the Democratic National Committee raised. ...

It was a different story in Tulsa. The wide avenue where a stage had been erected for an overflow crowd in the tens of thousands was virtually vacant, and planned speeches there by Trump and Pence were scrapped. Inside the arena, it was only partly full as the President was arriving.

Murtaugh asserted that the smaller-than-expected crowds were partially a result of interference by protesters, though none of the CNN reporters and producers on the ground in Tulsa saw any incident with protesters trying to block supporters from attending.

Fox news uses the comments to farm email addresses and then sells them to whoever wants to buy them.

• Funny
Reactions: 007
I'm gonna guess because the site administrators don't want to be removing alt-right garbage and hate spew 24x7. On a Fox board, you know it's going to be just about all homers. Fox can remove the occasional post that crosses the line. And by and large, posters on the Fox board might be extremist in their views, but they won't crap all over the board. But on CNN or MSNBC (you know, they enemy of the people?), it will be mounds of crap all over the place. If I were charged with moderating or administering these site boards, they couldn't pay me enough to wade through that shit.

I'm gonna guess because the site administrators don't want to be removing alt-right garbage and hate spew 24x7. On a Fox board, you know it's going to be just about all homers. Fox can remove the occasional post that crosses the line. And by and large, posters on the Fox board might be extremist in their views, but they won't crap all over the board. But on CNN or MSNBC (you know, they enemy of the people?), it will be mounds of crap all over the place. If I were charged with moderating or administering these site boards, they couldn't pay me enough to wade through that shit.

So they assume that the "alt right" will outnumber their own supporters on their own network?

Maybe their supporters don't or can't make logical, sound arguments and might be convinced that "hey, yeah these people are right, CNN their journalism is weak and dishonest". Or maybe, "huh, I never viewed this issue in this way". They want Echo Chambers in which they control the narrative ("just listen to me comrade"), not open debate in the free market of ideas.

There are basic principles of liberty and capitalism that so many want to destroy. The way they ALWAYS seem to use is to hide and play the propaganda game, ensuring their followers simply consume and not explore. How does that help America on the world stage?

Last edited:
I-Dont-Watch-CNN-Funny-Vinyl-Widow-Sticker.jpg

The reason is that people act like assholes in these comment sections

Murtaugh asserted that the smaller-than-expected crowds were partially a result of interference by protesters, though none of the CNN reporters and producers on the ground in Tulsa saw any incident with protesters trying to block supporters from attending.

Once again, Commie News Network is LYING THROUGH THEIR TEETH. They can't be trusted to tell you the truth EVER...

-------------

BREAKING: Tulsa Police Open Non-Lethal Fire On BLM Protesters…Trump Supporters Stand Between Police and Protesters…BLM Protesters Block National Guard Bus [VIDEO]

The reason is that people act like assholes in these comment sections

You are kidding me with that comment. Since when did someones "mean words" demand that they shouldn't be allowed to voice them?

It could not be that simple. It's far more about denying debate as they are not confident in their own reporting or arguments. When they are referred to as "Fake News" and then they don't allow debate, they quite honestly justify the moniker.

You are kidding me with that comment. Since when did someones "mean words" demand that they shouldn't be allowed to voice them?

It could not be that simple. It's far more about denying debate as they are not confident in their own reporting or arguments. When they are referred to as "Fake News" and then they don't allow debate, they quite honestly justify the moniker.
Why even argue with these democrat Nazis? We ALL damn well know that if you DISAGREE with a democrat, they don't want to just not listen to you, they want to SHUT YOU THE FUCK UP. That's what totalitarian dictatorship commie style regimes do, like China, and the more time goes by, the more it appears China is giving the democrat party in America it's marching orders... and that includes SHUTTING UP THE OPPOSITION.

Just as they silence rational, open debate conservatives on twitter and facebook. Why the fear? Do the youth of today understand this, or do they just consume the message that their re-education masters provide?

Without free speech and debate, a society collapses quickly. There is a reason China invested hundreds of millions to influence the U.S education system.
Fox only lets you comment on some stories, not all, but that's more than the rest of the losers allow.

So they assume that the "alt right" will outnumber their own supporters on their own network?

Maybe their supporters don't or can't make logical, sound arguments and might be convinced that "hey, yeah these people are right, CNN their journalism is weak and dishonest". Or maybe, "huh, I never viewed this issue in this way". They want Echo Chambers in which they control the narrative ("just listen to me comrade"), not open debate in the free market of ideas.

There are basic principles of liberty and capitalism that so many want to destroy. The way they ALWAYS seem to use is to hide and play the propaganda game, ensuring their followers simply consume and not explore. How does that help America on the world stage?

That's pretty much a given (outnumbering) with the fact that these networks have been vilified by a sect of the population (and a lot of right wingers in power in Washington). It would stand to reason they would overwhelm message boards no matter what the subject was. If I were an administrator, I wouldn't want to spend hours cleaning up and deleting offensive posts, wading through the borderline libel that constitutes most conspiracy theories, and the spam that still seems to find its way on to these types of message boards. This board is about the closest thing I've seen come to an open debate in the free market of ideas. Most of the media message boards are, as you pointed out, Echo Chambers. That's why I don't frequent them. If we could have calm, honest, and rational debates, we wouldn't be in the state that we're in right now. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

That's pretty much a given (outnumbering) with the fact that these networks have been vilified by a sect of the population (and a lot of right wingers in power in Washington). It would stand to reason they would overwhelm message boards no matter what the subject was. If I were an administrator, I wouldn't want to spend hours cleaning up and deleting offensive posts, wading through the borderline libel that constitutes most conspiracy theories, and the spam that still seems to find its way on to these types of message boards. This board is about the closest thing I've seen come to an open debate in the free market of ideas. Most of the media message boards are, as you pointed out, Echo Chambers. That's why I don't frequent them. If we could have calm, honest, and rational debates, we wouldn't be in the state that we're in right now. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing anytime soon.
No one can have calm honest rational debates with progressives. You don't allow it.

You'll also notice they troll the fuck out of the Fox Comments, parroting inane drivel as if it hasn't been proven to be a lie. I don't know how many times I saw some stupid shit about Russia just on the story about Trump's Rally yesterday. They are ether so stupid as to continue to believe it, or they're desperate to convince someone else.

Well either way they're stupid mother fuckers, The most stupid on earth in fact.

No one can have calm honest rational debates with progressives. You don't allow it.

And those progressives think the same about conservatives. Not only won't you allow any debate, you won't even allow a conversation that there might be a problem or something to fix. Just run back to the same old policies year after year. And this is with the almost four decades of conservative policy failures that have largely led this country to the position it's in.

And those progressives think the same about conservatives. Not only won't you allow any debate, you won't even allow a conversation that there might be a problem or something to fix. Just run back to the same old policies year after year. And this is with the almost four decades of conservative policy failures that have largely led this country to the position it's in.
You are liars.

You are liars.

No need to lie about anything. I've watched it unfold since the 1980's and I've lived it ever since.
The current iteration of conservatism is an abject failure. Conservatism badly needs an overhaul and a return to their core principals.

Then why do you?

I don't, but let's circle back to the topic. I still believe the reason CNN and MSNBC don't have comment sections anymore is because their administrators don't want to have to clean up the piles of poo that the members of the right wing hate club are going to drop on them. On a board like Fox (or pick any other right wing website), you won't have to worry about the lefties coming in and spewing hatred and bile. Maybe some crude language but you won't see the mess left that would be left by the right on those sites that they've deemed as "Enemies of the People".

Forum List

Back