🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 I think a "home project" forum would be a good idea.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Not trying to toot my own horn but I think I and probably several others could offer valuable insight to diy'ers trying to tackle things on their own.
I often give out free advice to would be potential customers when I know it's something they could easily tackle on their own and save them hundreds or more on hiring an "expert"
Many here seem pretty knowledgeable already but there's always someone who has an emergency repair or whatnot that they could do themselves and save hundreds or more.

Just a thought...

• Banned
Imma building a backyard brothel.

Ive got your first woman lined up!
IMG_20230606_122556_162.jpg

Not trying to toot my own horn but I think I and probably several others could offer valuable insight to diy'ers trying to tackle things on their own.
I often give out free advice to would be potential customers when I know it's something they could easily tackle on their own and save them hundreds or more on hiring an "expert"
Many here seem pretty knowledgeable already but there's always someone who has an emergency repair or whatnot that they could do themselves and save hundreds or more.

Just a thought...
Didn't you leave the forum like 2 weeks ago telling everyone to "fuck off"?

• Fact
Reactions: iku
I can't believe after all these years there is a suggestion I can actually support here. Just kill the dead mafia forum and put it in its place.
never been to or seen it. is that where the internet tough guys hang out?

never been to or seen it. is that where the internet tough guys hang out?

It is the very bottom of the community forum where the mafia game used to happen back when people could reluctantly tolerate other posters here if even just for a few weeks a pop long enough to play the game.

It is the very bottom of the community forum where the mafia game used to happen back when people could reluctantly tolerate other posters here if even just for a few weeks a pop long enough to play the game.
sounds boring

I pay people to do that stuff... fixing gardening building a shed... repairing or painting... cleaning the house.... I do maintenance on my Harley but only because I find it relaxing....

You know Rem, DIY and fixit has been on youtube for many years now. I always check for help there.

Just a thought...
I'm on a UK construction forum and a DIY forum. It's like pulling teeth on the DIY forums because each advice question begins with -

"Does anyone know where I can buy cheap windows"

"I want a cheap fix......"

"To make the job cheap, can I just use this instead of the correct item"

And as your op points out, to save hundreds.

What usually happens is, the DIY-er did save hundreds, they ruined the same value of materials, and you can see the job hasn't been done to a qualified tradesman standard.

So I dabble on the DIY forum now and then, cringe at some of the questions, and answer the odd one.

A tradesman invests his time, money, and practice into tools, knowledge, and learning a skill. This is so he/she can quantity surveyor the correct type and quantity of materials, have the appropriate tools for the job, and earn a living from this. Then I get asked to part with my knowledge free of charge and loan tools out. Friends, family, and customers look put out when I decline their kind offer.

I'm on a UK construction forum and a DIY forum. It's like pulling teeth on the DIY forums because each advice question begins with -

"Does anyone know where I can buy cheap windows"

"I want a cheap fix......"

"To make the job cheap, can I just use this instead of the correct item"

And as your op points out, to save hundreds.

What usually happens is, the DIY-er did save hundreds, they ruined the same value of materials, and you can see the job hasn't been done to a qualified tradesman standard.

So I dabble on the DIY forum now and then, cringe at some of the questions, and answer the odd one.

A tradesman invests his time, money, and practice into tools, knowledge, and learning a skill. This is so he/she can quantity surveyor the correct type and quantity of materials, have the appropriate tools for the job, and earn a living from this. Then I get asked to part with my knowledge free of charge and loan tools out. Friends, family, and customers look put out when I decline their kind offer.
I NEVER loan out tools. Last time I did they SNAPPED off the spike bit on my jackhammer.

Forum List

Back