I think members should be allowed to be openly critical of mods inside of threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The RULES state issues with moderation should be taken up by PM with the mods. There is also mention that harassment will not be tolerated. This includes any form of harassment aimed at moderators.

The mods have been very lenient in the past with allowing some of you to question us about decisions we have made on the open board and also with the harassment we receive whether as replies in threads, having threads started about us, mocking us in threads we participate in as members, etc. We have answered questions some of you have had regarding why threads were moved, posts deleted, etc. We have taken time to explain why we do what we do and how we go about it. We have played "nice" while taking heat and threats from many of you on the open board and also in PMs. Those days are over!"
Fuckin' Christ.....That thread was started almost three months back.....I haven't been banned for speaking my mind yet if a mod wants to go back and forth with me.....Then again I don't call them names and act the dick either.....Mostly. ;)

Think of moderators as to why USMB is THE top political debate site in this country and likely in the world. . They keep the peace and they do it effectively so that reasonably good debates can happen.
:woohoo:

Well I wouldn't go that far, but yes it's a great site for the most part, and I've donated several times.
But (there's always a 'but') there have been times I have had disagreements, that I would like to see resolved.

Fuckin' Christ.....That thread was started almost three months back.....I haven't been banned for speaking my mind yet if a mod wants to go back and forth with me.....Then again I don't call them names and act the dick either.....Mostly. ;)

I've been banned several times for arguing about why certain threads were moved, and certain ones were not.

Yep, this is the wild west when compared with most boards.
You wouldn't believe the suspensions and bans I've gotten elsewhere for saying things like all the conservatives were saying, only against Trump. One politics forum had 4 women, all Trump supporters, as mods, and most of the mods on the other boards were conservatives. Most loved to ban people who were critical of Trump.

I would like to know what mods are afraid of?
Members are openly criticized, made fun of, etc, and we all take it in stride.
Why can't mods endure the same as regular members do, when they perform actions on the board that others may not agree with?
I would like to go one day without reading how some right wing loon thinks he was screwed over by the mods on an obscure message board.

Today isn't that day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Why can't mods endure the same as regular members do, when they perform actions on the board that others may not agree with?
Their beach...their waves.

I understand why people want to be able to call out mods in threads.

But it would just lead to bickering and hostility. We do that well enough around here.

I think if an action is taken, i.e. a thread moved, a post deleted, etc.. that there should be a notification of who did the action and why. It's called transparency, something that is very lacking here.

Mods should not be able to infract posters they are engaged with in a thread.

One, especially, loves to abuse her power in this way.

I agree, I think it used to be that way, if you were involved in a thread as a mod and you see something that needs done, you contacted another mod that was not involved to take care of it. I was a mod on here many years ago, things have changed quite a bit.

I would like to go one day without reading how some right wing loon thinks he was screwed over by the mods on an obscure message board.

Today isn't that day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

You can't even lose the partisan glasses for one thread, you have no room to talk. :rolleyes:

My observation is that currently there are people that constantly complain about the moderators.

My opinion is that if there were no moderators, the same people would constantly complain about that.

Want to criticize a poster that happens to be a mod, go for it.
Make sure it's about his/her postings of the thread content, as you would
with any other poster.
But, not as a mod doing his/her job on the open board.

Meanwhile, I think it's nice that beale and meister are no longer mods. They're far better members when they can't audit conservative members for the left.

That means that they can't bend over to the leftist mods and deal with conservative members for props.

Coyote was big on using conservative mods for the same thing. She completely spun "Flaca the Romney" around her finger and del?

I never knew who he was until he got in between Ekrem and me, resulting in many future bans and even account hacking.

@DanK had to come in and clean up the damage done to my account and after a bit, del and elvis were out for those games.

That coyote still likes playing. Old time post troll... that one and she does NOT follow the forum rules. Often her posts contain no content and are simply personal. So I give that personal touch back. :thup:

And yes, this is all about a member's posting and forum experience and mods that want to control the place like Sadiq wants to control London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back