🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

I thought this was one of the most stable jobs on the planet and they got laid off?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
In PA, 600 state workers who process unemployment claims were laid off which came as a shock to me because I always thought it would be someone looking a job.

Now people who are applying for unemployment is having to wait longer for their check due to reduced staff.

I don't know what job is stable anymore

Shouldn't be a surprise.

As claims fall, less people needed to process and/or they upgraded their technology.

In Missouri they let go the social workers and hired a private firm to process paperwork..

Shouldn't be a surprise.

As claims fall, less people needed to process and/or they upgraded their technology.

claims fall? It's not that many people working

In PA, 600 state workers who process unemployment claims were laid off which came as a shock to me because I always thought it would be someone looking a job.

Now people who are applying for unemployment is having to wait longer for their check due to reduced staff.

Some jobs can easily be automated to reduce costs; we have a federal Doctrine and State laws regarding the legal concept of employment at will in our at-will employment States.

Why not simply bear true witness to our laws, simply for the sake of social morals on a national basis?

Some jobs can easily be automated to reduce costs; we have a federal Doctrine and State laws regarding the legal concept of employment at will in our at-will employment States.

Why not simply bear true witness to our laws, simply for the sake of social morals on a national basis?

I thought a UC Examiner had a job for life

The only stable jobs are being a Supreme Court Justice or the Pope.

Everyone else should have an employment plan "B" .... :cool:

I thought a UC Examiner had a job for life
Job or "sinecure". We need better solutions at lower cost.

I've been in business for 32 years so don't understand this stable thing you speak of. I work as long as I have something of value to offer. I think almost everyone, outside of higher government, law enforcement, emergency services should be self employed. If someone is willing to underbid you so be it. Welcome to my world.

I've been in business for 32 years so don't understand this stable thing you speak of. I work as long as I have something of value to offer. I think almost everyone, outside of higher government, law enforcement, emergency services should be self employed. If someone is willing to underbid you so be it. Welcome to my world.

My friend job seem to be stable, he been with the Airlines for 16 years

You know, FBJ, it would not exactly kill you to acquire some additional skills and education in order to make yourself more valuable as an employee to either your present employer or another employer. You are single and have no kids, right? Well, instead of jacking off and sitting on your fat ass eating junk food you could spend a couple hours each day learning a foreign language, studying computer skills, or studying for a skilled trade, like electrician.

Dude, having a Fucking job for life is a thing of the past. Moreover, desiring a "job for life" shows that you have ZERO ambition.

When I was 22 I graduated college with a bachelors degree. When I was 25 I finished grad school with an advanced degree. I worked for someone for 4 years in order to learn my trade, then went out on my own and started my own business at 29 with a $15K line of credit secured by the title of my pickup truck. Now I am 46 and I am still self-employed, I am an employer, and I have a great life. I am not wealthy, but I am very comfortable.

This is why I do not understand people like you, FBJ. There was nothing different about me. Granted, I am probably a lot more intelligent than you, and probably a lot better looking. But you could have gotten an education and done something more with your life. Anyone can. This is what bugs me about leftists whining about "working people" being "screwed" by big corporations and the need for a "living wage". You can do anything you want if you are motivated to do it. If money is an issue there are grants, performance based scholarships and grants, and student loans. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from obtaining a traditional and real education like I have or going to a trade school and learning a skill that will command a $30/hr wage.

Whatever station you occupy in life is the consequence of YOUR decisions. It is on YOU. If you are worried about job stability, then do something about it now. This is a free market. Develop your skills so they are worth more. Honestly, if I were you I would be doing everything I could to try to obtain an even better job. Then once I had the better job, I would then figure out how I could move even higher and start working toward that. Anything short of that makes you a fucking bum.

Do you want to remain at your dead-end job forever? If not, then get to work. NOW. Get that half empty bag of Cheetos off your fat belly. Get your hands out of your pants, and get online and do some research. Figure things out.

And don't go to an online school. Go to your local tech/trade school (I am already eliminating a traditional education from your potential future based upon how poor you write and exhibit logical thought.).

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You know, FBJ, it would not exactly kill you to acquire some additional skills and education in order to make yourself more valuable as an employee to either your present employer or another employer. You are single and have no kids, right? Well, instead of jacking off and sitting on your fat ass eating junk food you could spend a couple hours each day learning a foreign language, studying computer skills, or studying for a skilled trade, like electrician.

Dude, having a Fucking job for life is a thing of the past. Moreover, desiring a "job for life" shows that you have ZERO ambition.

When I was 22 I graduated college with a bachelors degree. When I was 25 I finished grad school with an advanced degree. I worked for someone for 4 years in order to learn my trade, then went out on my own and started my own business at 29 with a $15K line of credit secured by the title of my pickup truck. Now I am 46 and I am still self-employed, I am an employer, and I have a great life. I am not wealthy, but I am very comfortable.

This is why I do not understand people like you, FBJ. There was nothing different about me. Granted, I am probably a lot more intelligent than you, and probably a lot better looking. But you could have gotten an education and done something more with your life. Anyone can. This is what bugs me about leftists whining about "working people" being "screwed" by big corporations and the need for a "living wage". You can do anything you want if you are motivated to do it. If money is an issue there are grants, performance based scholarships and grants, and student loans. There is absolutely nothing stopping you from obtaining a traditional and real education like I have or going to a trade school and learning a skill that will command a $30/hr wage.

Whatever station you occupy in life is the consequence of YOUR decisions. It is on YOU. If you are worried about job stability, then do something about it now. This is a free market. Develop your skills so they are worth more. Honestly, if I were you I would be doing everything I could to try to obtain an even better job. Then once I had the better job, I would then figure out how I could move even higher and start working toward that. Anything short of that makes you a fucking bum.

Do you want to remain at your dead-end job forever? If not, then get to work. NOW. Get that half empty bag of Cheetos off your fat belly. Get your hands out of your pants, and get online and do some research. Figure things out.

And don't go to an online school. Go to your local tech/trade school (I am already eliminating a traditional education from your potential future based upon how poor you write and exhibit logical thought.).

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I'm in my 4th year of this job and plan to stay here for 2 more years before I transitioned to something else stable.

I have a college degree and no student loans and want to keep it that way

My friend job seem to be stable, he been with the Airlines for 16 years
That can happen. Airlines sometimes go belly up though. The bottom line is there are no guarantees in life except death and taxes.

Forum List

Back