I took the challenge and read Mugged

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
So, I took the challenge and read Mugged, by Ann Coulter. My first takeaway is the author’s obvious disgust and disdain for all things liberal. She uses words like this: Neurotic nuts. Drama queen, thy name is liberal. Liberals lie about history by manipulating words. Liberals are for race discrimination. Since that was the overarching theme of the book, I realized that everything she said, cited or quoted was going to be used to prove her strongly held conviction that liberals are wrong.

She says in part: “The century-long struggle for civil rights was over. Attorney Thurgood Marshall had won his cases before the Supreme Court. It was over. For the next two decades liberals engaged in a ritualistic reenactment of the struggle for civil rights – long after it had any relevance to what was happening in the world. Their obsession with race was weirdly disconnected from actual causes and plausible remedies. While liberals spent the decades after the civil rights era pretending they were fighting 1962 battles – the rest of us had to live through race riots, denunciations of the police, extreme restrictions on speech, liberal racial pandering and a stream of racial Armageddon. From race riots to race hoaxes to the automatic excuse machine for black criminals, the country had gone mad.”

She proceeds to talk about the accusations of racism that turned out to be hoaxes and cases where the media hid or distorted information. An example is the Rodney King beating where she declares that if everyone had seen the entire video, the part where King lunges at the officers, things would have turned out differently. I’m not so sure about that. There’s no way the Black community would have accepted that beating as justified. As a white person, seeing that portion would not make me say, "Well, I see now why they had to beat him nearly to death."

She also talks about the George Zimmerman phone call to police being edited to make it look like he was racist. I do, however, remember hearing the part where he tells the dispatcher he’s going to go after the guy and is told “We don’t need you to do that,” and he proceeds to do it anyway.

Some of the racism cases were, according to Ann, proven to be hoaxes. I don’t disagree with that. Some were. Her point, however, is that the debunking of the story, even if it’s months or years later, does not get the media attention that the initial case got. I think that’s the case with any news story. People’s memories are short and we tend to want “up to the minute” information, not old, hashed over stuff. There are even such cases today. But I personally don’t believe there is an overabundance of them. And I don’t believe that false cases ever nullify the existence of real ones.

As for the civil rights struggle being over and liberals trying to bring it back from the grave, I have to disagree. Perhaps for some, the civil rights issue had been laid to rest by the passing of a few laws. However, I know many people for whom the words are still stuck on the page.

There's much more to the book and one part about certain southern people from the Celtic fringe that I found fascinating and may comment on later.

I noticed that there wasn't a whole lot in the way of refutation in the "review"...

... I know many people for whom the words are still stuck on the page. ...

I think one of the points is that we are in an era now where some of us didn't have a damn thing to do with writing the societal book.
I personally don't care how long someone wants to stare at the words stuck on their page.

You are either going to join us in turning the page ... Or we are going to have to wait for you to die just to get where we need to go.

... I know many people for whom the words are still stuck on the page. ...

I think one of the points is that we are in an era now where some of us didn't have a damn thing to do with writing the societal book.
I personally don't care how long someone wants to stare at the words stuck on their page.

You are either going to join us in turning the page ... Or we are going to have to wait for you to die just to get where we need to go.

My statement was saying that although there are written laws, the implementation of them in real life is often still discriminatory, thus not really having the intended effect.

My statement was saying that although there are written laws, the implementation of them in real life is often still discriminatory, thus not really having the intended effect.

I understood your statement ... When you are ready to leave race out of the equation ... You let me know, because I don't have a use for it.
It is very well possible we are going to have to wait for all you people who want to live in a race obsessed world to die before we can move on.

I understood your statement ... When you are ready to leave race out of the equation ... You let me know, because I don't have a use for it.
It is very well possible we are going to have to wait for all you people who want to live in a race obsessed world to die before we can move on.

And if you do not want to discuss race and race relations, you might want to stay out of this particular forum???

And if you do not want to discuss race and race relations, you might want to stay out of this particular forum???

You've been discussing race relations since before I was born ... How's that working out for ya?
The best I can understand the most I ever hear is ya'll bitchin about how that hasn't worked.

Discuss the futility of your efforts with me some more if you think it will help.
Otherwise ... Instead of telling me where I should go ... Maybe I can point you in a different direction ... :dunno:

You've been discussing race relations since before I was born ... How's that working out for ya?
The best I can understand the most I ever hear is ya'll bitchin about how that hasn't worked.

Discuss the futility of your efforts with me some more if you think it will help.
Otherwise ... Instead of telling me where I should go ... Maybe I can point you in a different direction ... :dunno:

And when were you born?

In actuality, what you call my efforts have been helpful to people who have read my published book and have thanked me for sharing it. I did not tell you where to go, merely suggested that since you seem to be tired of hearing us b****, you might get more satisfaction elsewhere. There are many forums on the board where race is not discussed. If you're so tired of hearing about it, why come here? Oh, I get it, you want to point me in a different direction. What might that be?

In actuality, what you call my efforts have been helpful to people who have read my published book and have thanked me for sharing it. I did not tell you where to go, merely suggested that since you seem to be tired of hearing us b****, you might get more satisfaction elsewhere. There are many forums on the board where race is not discussed. If you're so tired of hearing about it, why come here? Oh, I get it, you want to point me in a different direction. What might that be?

I am not looking for simply personal satisfaction ... I can get that on my own and don't need to discuss it with anyone.
What I am looking for in regards to race is the opportunity for more productive measures towards eliminating racial influence.

I am not tired of talking about it ... I am tired of people talking about how horrible it is and continuing the same destructive self-defeating measures that ensure their failure.

I cannot speak to your life experiences ... But I can speak to mine.
I have lived my entire life in a desegregated environment ... School, work, and recreation.
I live in the South and have the opportunity to embrace people of all races, every day and in every aspect of my life.
I am fully aware of the impact racism has had on our society ... And I am abundantly aware of just about any argument anyone wants to make regarding their views on race.

The one thing that separates my approach from most of the others I have come across ... Is that I haven't found a single circumstance where it was necessary for me to use a race qualifier as a determining factor when making a conscientious, compassionate, reasonable, forthright or positive decision that would affect my life or the lives of those around me.

If for any reason you have to use race to justify your decisions ... You have failed the very purpose of eliminating racial qualifiers from the decision process.
If you choose to apply that handicap to your reasoning ... That is a choice to remain where we are.

Last edited:
She also talks about the George Zimmerman phone call to police being edited to make it look like he was racist. I do, however, remember hearing the part where he tells the dispatcher he’s going to go after the guy and is told “We don’t need you to do that,” and he proceeds to do it anyway.
Note that he was not ordered by the police to stop following the suspiciously acting man, ever. Moonbats lie about that all the time.

What the whistleblower George Zimmerman did was perfectly legal. And that is why he was acquitted of all charges. It was a clear case of self-defense.

The only reason Zimmerman was charged in the first place is that he was a whistleblower who exposed police wrongdoing and publically called for the police chief to have his pension revoked. It is clear that If Zimmerman was not a whistleblower whom the cops hated he would have never even been arrested, let alone charged with murder. They tried to railroad him.

So, I took the challenge and read Mugged, by Ann Coulter. My first takeaway is the author’s obvious disgust and disdain for all things liberal. She uses words like this: Neurotic nuts. Drama queen, thy name is liberal. Liberals lie about history by manipulating words. Liberals are for race discrimination. Since that was the overarching theme of the book, I realized that everything she said, cited or quoted was going to be used to prove her strongly held conviction that liberals are wrong.

She says in part: “The century-long struggle for civil rights was over. Attorney Thurgood Marshall had won his cases before the Supreme Court. It was over. For the next two decades liberals engaged in a ritualistic reenactment of the struggle for civil rights – long after it had any relevance to what was happening in the world. Their obsession with race was weirdly disconnected from actual causes and plausible remedies. While liberals spent the decades after the civil rights era pretending they were fighting 1962 battles – the rest of us had to live through race riots, denunciations of the police, extreme restrictions on speech, liberal racial pandering and a stream of racial Armageddon. From race riots to race hoaxes to the automatic excuse machine for black criminals, the country had gone mad.”

She proceeds to talk about the accusations of racism that turned out to be hoaxes and cases where the media hid or distorted information. An example is the Rodney King beating where she declares that if everyone had seen the entire video, the part where King lunges at the officers, things would have turned out differently. I’m not so sure about that. There’s no way the Black community would have accepted that beating as justified. As a white person, seeing that portion would not make me say, "Well, I see now why they had to beat him nearly to death."

Some of the racism cases were, according to Ann, proven to be hoaxes. I don’t disagree with that. Some were. Her point, however, is that the debunking of the story, even if it’s months or years later, does not get the media attention that the initial case got. I think that’s the case with any news story. People’s memories are short and we tend to want “up to the minute” information, not old, hashed over stuff. There are even such cases today. But I personally don’t believe there is an overabundance of them. And I don’t believe that false cases ever nullify the existence of real ones.

As for the civil rights struggle being over and liberals trying to bring it back from the grave, I have to disagree. Perhaps for some, the civil rights issue had been laid to rest by the passing of a few laws. However, I know many people for whom the words are still stuck on the page.

There's much more to the book and one part about certain southern people from the Celtic fringe that I found fascinating and may comment on later.

why would you be "challenged" to read the coultergeist's bigoted hate-filled screed?

you suffer from Stockholm syndrome... always seeking the approval of the people who hate you.
You keep saying that, but it's the tolerant liberals like you that continue to give me a hard time. .... :cool:

Telling the truth is giving you a hard time? you suck up to people who hate you. they don't even want you in the country. so you're kidding yourself

why would you be "challenged" to read the coultergeist's bigoted hate-filled screed?

Go fuck yourself, Shillian.....you speak for no one but yourself, you pseudo "barrister". There are plenty of people that enjoy the musings of Sunni Man and even more that find you utterly disgusting (myself included). I LOVE Ann Coulter and I swear eternal friendship to anyone that despises sorry sacks of shit like you and your "liberal ilk" even 1/10th as much as I do. I don't want to even have to share the same airspace as your kind....much less be your "buddy-pal" where we just agree to disagree. You and your kind are not any better than the lackeys that were useful idiots during the Bolshevik revolution, you bitch.

Unfortunately for you? You won't see your "GLORIOUS" commie revolution in your lifetime. You will be wormfood before that ever happens....can ya "dig it"????

That's funny coming from you. YOu seem to be the one full of hate.

Ann is generally very happy, even when she is on the view surrounded by enemies.

Someone posted that we should read it and he was getting all negative responses. I decided I should give him the respect of reading something he obviously felt very strongly about. I didn't know much about her and wanted to be able to give an informed response to his comments.

Forum List

Back