I was wrong about Covid 19, and you probably was too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*
  • Total cases: 15,219
  • Total deaths: 201
  • Jurisdictions reporting cases: 54 (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands)
* Data include both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 reported to CDC or tested at CDC since January 21, 2020, with the exception of testing results for persons repatriated to the United States from Wuhan, China and Japan. State and local public health departments are now testing and publicly reporting their cases. In the event of a discrepancy between CDC cases and cases reported by state and local public health officials, data reported by states should be considered the most up to date.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.

The new data show that up to one-fifth of infected people ages 20-44 have been hospitalized, including 2%-4% who required treatment in an intensive care unit.

New analysis of coronavirus risk: Young adults are not invincible - STAT

The current data just doesn't show what your brave family members say they are seeing....Keep in mind that we are still in the flu season...I wonder how many entering hospitals have the seasonal flu...and not necessarily coronavirus....

Your data are not even anywhere near accurate.

Total cases is, at the moment, 32,356 -- 31,764 of which are currently active (unresolved), of which 795 are in serious/critical condition. Of those cases that have resolved, 414 (70%) are dead.
No link?

I cant help that you think I am a racist or antisemite. Thats something you have to deal with. :rolleyes:.

You admitted it. Many times. Deny it now. I dare you. Come on, prancing Nancy boy.
Telling you that you are free to believe what you wish doesnt equal admitting anything. Sorry son. You must be confused. :rolleyes:

You admitted you hate white people. Dumbass. You also said anyone who supports Trump is an idiot. Double dumbass.
I dont hate white people. I have white people in my family. Guilty as charged on Drumpf supporters. All of them are idiots.

So do you want those in your family to pay you reparations. And yes you do hate all white people. In your family or not.
Youre stupid. I've never said individual white people could afford to pay reparations. I've always said the US would pay dummy. :rolleyes:

Anecdotal stories are not science.
It does make sense that young people that smoke and vape weed (or tobacco), are obese, or have other underlying issues are more vulnerable to severe symptoms.
The fear machine is on full tilt!
A 32 year old, who 48 hours earlier was at work, feeling a little funny. Last night he was on life support and fighting for his life.
I take raw data seriously. A 32 year old getting the flu bad certainly is a rarity. Needing life support 2 days later is a freak case. Meaningless without knowing the patient's medical history.

The FACTS that concern me are:
  1. 80,000 people DIED of influenza-like illnesses last season, JUST IN THE USA. That is about double the average. There was no panic, no alarm, no government lockdowns, no school closings, no bailouts, nothing.
  2. So far there are only about 13,000 Covid deaths WORLDWIDE, and we are calling it a pandemic with every State in a state of "emergency." So far, 6.8 people have died per state.
  3. There has only been ONE death attributed to Covid in my state. Last week, the governor closed all the liquor stores.
  4. No one I've talked to has known a single person whose died, been sick with the Covid flu or has SEEN anything that would suggest to him this year is any worse than any other flu season.
  5. I've crunched the numbers. If you take the number of people divided by the number of confirmed Covid cases, that means you are STILL 3.6X MORE LIKELY to get hit by lightning than to contract Covid. And that is only to get it. Only about 0.5% (best guess) actually die from it.
I'M CALLING BULLSHIT.

And I'm calling the fact that I asked you hours ago, last time you posted this hallucination, how many people got hit by lightning today. I have yet to see an answer.

And your figures are well off too. Actually 8.28 people have died per state, useless as that stat is, and the worldwide count is 14,611. Of course that changes quickly but those figures are available.

Now where's that hit-by-lightning number?

COVID-19: U.S. at a Glance*
  • Total cases: 15,219
  • Total deaths: 201
  • Jurisdictions reporting cases: 54 (50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands)
* Data include both confirmed and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 reported to CDC or tested at CDC since January 21, 2020, with the exception of testing results for persons repatriated to the United States from Wuhan, China and Japan. State and local public health departments are now testing and publicly reporting their cases. In the event of a discrepancy between CDC cases and cases reported by state and local public health officials, data reported by states should be considered the most up to date.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.

The new data show that up to one-fifth of infected people ages 20-44 have been hospitalized, including 2%-4% who required treatment in an intensive care unit.

New analysis of coronavirus risk: Young adults are not invincible - STAT

The current data just doesn't show what your brave family members say they are seeing....Keep in mind that we are still in the flu season...I wonder how many entering hospitals have the seasonal flu...and not necessarily coronavirus....

Your data are not even anywhere near accurate.

Total cases is, at the moment, 32,356 -- 31,764 of which are currently active (unresolved), of which 795 are in serious/critical condition. Of those cases that have resolved, 414 (70%) are dead.
No link?

Same link that's been published the whole time.

No one was ready for this kind of crisis that will end up touching us all to some degree.
Thats only because the incompetent fuckup in the WH claimed it was not a big deal and a hoax.

Nope. Wouldn't have mattered who was in the White House, and wouldn't have mattered what they said. Once the dominoes started to fall around the world, our fate was sealed.
The world in 2020 is so mobile, nothing could have stopped this. It would have helped some if we would have tightened up our borders and restricted certain countries from coming here, but this would have only slightly delayed the inevitable.

Nope. Government action matters. Trump failed. Japan has only 1,086 cases. The United States has 32,000+. New York State alone has 17,530 and New York State is five times smaller than Japan in population. This is Trump's mess, the buck stops with him. The only question is how bad things will get. Hopefully New York state reaches a peak soon and then starts to level off.

As I finish writing this, the United States is now at 38,000+ cases and New York State is at 22,000+ cases. Japan still only has 1,086 cases. If New York State were a country, it would have the 6th largest total in the world now.

What's the population of Japan compared to the US?

If you're going to make that comparison use percentages if you can figure out how to calculate them

For example in my state .006% of the population has been confirmed by testing to have been infected.

Sorry I don't see this as the apocalypse it is being made out to be

I was wrong as well...but the bright side to this is that it's a GREAT time to catch...some really good deals in the markets.
Wow! The deals!

My wife has floated the idea of buying a SECOND rental property. I don't think I can bring myself to be that aggressive.
Those fuckers sure are a pain aren't they. I am getting rid of mine. Wife gone ,kids gone, who needs the hassle.

I was wrong about Covid 19, and you probably was too.

Well, better late than never. No, many of us were NOT wrong - because we heard the warnings. Trump even heard the warnings before we did. Were you also wrong about Trump?

No one was ready for this kind of crisis that will end up touching us all to some degree.
Thats only because the incompetent fuckup in the WH claimed it was not a big deal and a hoax.

Nope. Wouldn't have mattered who was in the White House, and wouldn't have mattered what they said. Once the dominoes started to fall around the world, our fate was sealed.
The world in 2020 is so mobile, nothing could have stopped this. It would have helped some if we would have tightened up our borders and restricted certain countries from coming here, but this would have only slightly delayed the inevitable.

Nope. Government action matters. Trump failed. Japan has only 1,086 cases. The United States has 32,000+. New York State alone has 17,530 and New York State is five times smaller than Japan in population. This is Trump's mess, the buck stops with him. The only question is how bad things will get. Hopefully New York state reaches a peak soon and then starts to level off.

As I finish writing this, the United States is now at 38,000+ cases and New York State is at 22,000+ cases. Japan still only has 1,086 cases. If New York State were a country, it would have the 6th largest total in the world now.

If you're going to make that comparison use percentages if you can figure out how to calculate them

For example in my state .006% of the population has been confirmed by testing to have been infected.

There's an easy way to see that. The chart shows "cases per 1M population", or in other words density.

Japan has 9 cases per 1M population. The US has 98, which is 11 times more.

So far.

Hey dummy. They are comparing density not total population.

There's an easy way to see that. The chart shows "cases per 1M population", or in other words density.

So far.

Still not that big of a deal

350000000 people in the US

32356 confirmed corona cases

.009% of the population

So far.

It is if you consider that this time yesterday that 98 number was 68.
And that entering last weekend it was 6.

Anecdotal stories are not science.
It does make sense that young people that smoke and vape weed (or tobacco), are obese, or have other underlying issues are more vulnerable to severe symptoms.
The fear machine is on full tilt!
A 32 year old, who 48 hours earlier was at work, feeling a little funny. Last night he was on life support and fighting for his life.
I take raw data seriously. A 32 year old getting the flu bad certainly is a rarity. Needing life support 2 days later is a freak case. Meaningless without knowing the patient's medical history.

The FACTS that concern me are:
  1. 80,000 people DIED of influenza-like illnesses last season, JUST IN THE USA. That is about double the average. There was no panic, no alarm, no government lockdowns, no school closings, no bailouts, nothing.
  2. So far there are only about 13,000 Covid deaths WORLDWIDE, and we are calling it a pandemic with every State in a state of "emergency." So far, 6.8 people have died per state.
  3. There has only been ONE death attributed to Covid in my state. Last week, the governor closed all the liquor stores.
  4. No one I've talked to has known a single person whose died, been sick with the Covid flu or has SEEN anything that would suggest to him this year is any worse than any other flu season.
  5. I've crunched the numbers. If you take the number of people divided by the number of confirmed Covid cases, that means you are STILL 3.6X MORE LIKELY to get hit by lightning than to contract Covid. And that is only to get it. Only about 0.5% (best guess) actually die from it.
I'M CALLING BULLSHIT.
Then you don't know anyone who knows anyone who works in the medical field.

You admitted it. Many times. Deny it now. I dare you. Come on, prancing Nancy boy.
Telling you that you are free to believe what you wish doesnt equal admitting anything. Sorry son. You must be confused. :rolleyes:

You admitted you hate white people. Dumbass. You also said anyone who supports Trump is an idiot. Double dumbass.
I dont hate white people. I have white people in my family. Guilty as charged on Drumpf supporters. All of them are idiots.

So do you want those in your family to pay you reparations. And yes you do hate all white people. In your family or not.
Youre stupid. I've never said individual white people could afford to pay reparations. I've always said the US would pay dummy. :rolleyes:

The "US" and who is that the mountains and roads or people. White people. You dumbass hick.

The "US" and who is that the mountains and roads or people. White people. You dumbass hick.
As entertaining as you are I am going to have to put an end to this. You should be a little less obvious that I hurt your feelings. Every time I make you look like a fool (which is every time) you go off wandering in the weeds asking me questions that have nothing to do with the topic. Its partially my fault for toying with you but we really should get back on topic. Deal? :rolleyes:

As entertaining as you are I am going to have to put an end to this. You should be a little less obvious that I hurt your feelings. Every time I make you look like a fool (which is every time) you go off wandering in the weeds asking me questions that have nothing to do with the topic. Its partially my fault for toying with you but we really should get back on topic. Deal? :rolleyes:

So I embarrass you and ask who you mean by "US" and you change the topic? LMAO.

Whatever floats your racist boat, Assfaceias. Hurting feelings? Wrong. I would have to have feelings for you to hurt them.

So far.

Still not panicking

So far.

Still not panicking

whatever.

But you got your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back