I wish you well...

Jun 10, 2013
...well, at least some of you.

Its been a nice distraction to post here for a couple of weeks, but I no longer have the time to waste on these discussions.

Simply stated, there really seem to be 3 types of posters here.

There are pro-Israel posters. To you, good luck and keep fighting the good fight.

There are anti-Israel posters. To you, I have little hope that you'll ever change, and I'm certainly not interested in reading your slander any more.

Then, there are the pseudo-intellectual centrists. These are the people who believe that they are making rational objective arguments and advocating for unbiased fairness. T These people are largely frauds. In the context of the debates here, they are mainly anti-Israel/anti-Semitic posters who are trying to convince people that they aren't taking a side. These people are fooling nobody, and don't realize how often they are laughed at. I'm done trying to enlighten you or to expose you for what you are.

I will continue my work in support of Israel, though organizations such as AIPAC and the JNF. There isn't even the smallest part of me that doubts that Israel should be supported. Israel isn't perfect, but it is a country that should be admired. I'm proud to call it my homeland.

And, so... goodbye.

From your first post to this, you are have shown yourself to be far more keen on labeling people than you on discussing the issues. I think you miss out on a lot that way but it's certainly your choice.

And, so... goodbye.

When I first read your posts I thought you were much like me when I came here. This was the forum where I met one of the more enlightened people that I've ever met.

Firstly I'm sticking around to see if another shows up or if the last one comes back. That means I have to come back and check. Secondly I'm sticking around because I don't feel it a waste of time and I attribute that to being involved in quite a few sub-forums. It tends to remove the thought that my discussions will have any effect on the ground. That kind of right sizes me and I realize that the same goes for almost everyone (if not all) here.

Even the people who come by to shoot are just shooting words and I find it important to show that our intentions are more important than what they're shooting. Yes, there's a point where it's not discussion and simply diatribe contested by truth or truth contested by diatribe. Seldom is it truth contested by truth since truth will out of its own nature.

That enlightened person I wait for is Muslim but I'm willing to meet any person with enlightenment regardless of the sides.

Why?

Enlightenment is beyond sides and anxiety.

Be still and know in whatever endeavor you choose HistoryBefore67.

Best to you for your love of life & your hope for peace.

Its been a nice distraction to post here for a couple of weeks, but I no longer have the time to waste on these discussions.

There are pro-Israel posters. To you, good luck and keep fighting the good fight.

There are anti-Israel posters. To you, I have little hope that you'll ever change, and I'm certainly not interested in reading your slander any more.

Then, there are the pseudo-intellectual centrists. These are the people who believe that they are making rational objective arguments and advocating for unbiased fairness. T These people are largely frauds. In the context of the debates here, they are mainly anti-Israel/anti-Semitic posters who are trying to convince people that they aren't taking a side. These people are fooling nobody, and don't realize how often they are laughed at. I'm done trying to enlighten you or to expose you for what you are.

I will continue my work in support of Israel, though organizations such as AIPAC and the JNF. There isn't even the smallest part of me that doubts that Israel should be supported. Israel isn't perfect, but it is a country that should be admired. I'm proud to call it my homeland.

And, so... goodbye.

From your first post to this, you are have shown yourself to be far more keen on labeling people than you on discussing the issues. I think you miss out on a lot that way but it's certainly your choice.
I know that you won't mind me disagreeing with you here. I for one (and no doubt there are many posters and viewers who feel the same) will miss this person's posts as he has shown himself to be a well educated, intelligent person who knows how to express himself. I think he has succinctly described in his post the last type of poster here, if you know what I mean.

I know that you won't mind me disagreeing with you here. I for one (and no doubt there are many posters and viewers who feel the same) will miss this person's posts as he has shown himself to be a well educated, intelligent person who knows how to express himself. I think he has succinctly described in his post the last type of poster here, if you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean Hoss. It's far easier to label people "anti-semites" and lob insults than it is to dig into the issues and try to understand what's involved isn't it? It's easier to simply adhere to a black/white all or nothing type of dichotomy than it is to realize that IP conflict is about real people, not statistics or labels.

And, so... goodbye.
You have pretty much summed it all up.

As you said most of it is a waste of time and the same lies are often repeated by the same responses, over and over and over. Almost in robotic fashion. And the characters are usually predictable in where their responses will fall. Certain ones will almost always include an anti Semitic / Jew baiting comment somewhere in their post. While others stick to their denial of admitting certain generally accepted truths and facts. And then, you have a few who make up the most outrageous shit you've ever heard of, and then proceed to defend it with their lives.

All in all, I know you'll back sooner rather than later because if anything, all these characters and their alter-internet egos usually provide for great entertainment and lots of laughs. Which is why I post here.

Yes I agree, he certainly is one of the most educated, informed and educated posters to come here, and argued everything respectfully and eloquently.

Forum List

Back