Iceland volcano is getting sporty -- Grindavik evacuating

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Just listen to it!

Iceland is like Alaska without the fentanyl but nobody ever talks about beautiful Alaskan women.

How many more EV’s are we gonna have to buy to offset the carbon released by this volcano?

LOL....A lot of people are going to shit when that thing vents and a really loud sound of a trumpet comes out.
smiley_smartass.gif

I'd be like:

were-leaving-leaving.gif

If Yellowstone ever blows, people might get a clue that man cannot affect the weather much at all.

This thing in Greenland may do the same.

I would be on a plane like a shot
Up , Up and Away

Iceland evacuated all 4,000 residents of the south-western town of Grindavík after a 15km-long underground magma tunnel was detected close to the Fagradalsfjall volcano, increasing the likelihood of an imminent eruption.

Iceland prepares for volcanic eruption in coming days....​

WOW!o_O everybody is gone!

A closed road due to volcanic activity near Grindavik, Iceland November 11, 2023.
1699825038113.png

Cracks emerge on a road due to volcanic activity in Grindavik, Iceland November 11, 2023.
1699825086596.png

Cracks emerge on a road due to volcanic activity near a police station, in Grindavik, Iceland November 11, 2023.
1699825127893.png

I actually had a dream a couple of days ago where a rift on my property created a small river of lava through my house and I'm thinking, "Well, that sucks, that's really inconvenient, and my homeowner's insurance probably won't cover that."

Dreams are weird.
Or was it a premonition? :oops:

Iceland volcano: Eruption could happen 'in a couple hours' and destroy town, expert says​

"More than 3,000 residents were allowed to return briefly to their homes to collect pets and essential items.

Only one person from each household was allowed home for five minutes. They were driven in by emergency services and accompanied by civil defense workers. Iceland’s Civil Protection and Emergency Management said: "We appeal to all other residents not to drive towards Grindavík at all. This is a responsibility and not a trivial decision.”

wow...sad for the habitants of that little fishing town.

If Yellowstone ever blows, people might get a clue that man cannot affect the weather much at all.

This thing in Greenland may do the same.
I agree man can’t affect the weather much, but you do realize volcanoes aren’t weather…..

I agree man can’t affect the weather much, but you do realize volcanoes aren’t weather…..
They (volcanoes) can damn sure effect the weather though.

Do volcanoes affect weather?​

Yes, volcanoes can affect weather and the Earth's climate. Following the 1991 eruption of Mount Pinatubo in the Philippines, cooler than normal temperatures were recorded worldwide and brilliant sunsets and sunrises were attributed to this eruption that sent fine ash and gases high into the stratosphere, forming a large volcanic cloud that drifted around the world.

The sulfur dioxide (SO2) in this cloud -- about 22 million tons -- combined with water to form droplets of sulfuric acid, blocking some of the sunlight from reaching the Earth and thereby cooling temperatures in some regions by as much as 0.5 degrees Celsius. An eruption the size of Mount Pinatubo could affect the weather for several years.

A similar phenomenon occurred in 1815 with the cataclysmic eruption of Tambora Volcano in Indonesia, the most powerful eruption in recorded history. Tambora's volcanic cloud lowered global temperatures by as much as 3 degrees Celsius. Even a year after the eruption, most of the northern hemisphere experienced sharply cooler temperatures during the summer months. In parts of Europe and in North America, 1816 was known as "the year without a summer."
-USGS

They're part of nature and can affect the weather.

Furthermore, I say man should not mess with things like that because there's almost always unintended and

unforeseen negative consequences.

Forum List

Back