I’d like to get some thoughts on this....

After gifting several nurses something this past Christmas, one thought it was necessary to tell me she is married. That was after she gave me a card saying how much it meant to her.

The GF said I should explain why I do that every year for many nurses. I’m thinking it’s best to leave this alone.

Thoughts?

Don't gift "several" nurses ....just gift one or two. That' plenty!

but then what do I know? nothing ,,:04:
I had a long chat today with an administration coordinator about who I was going to nominate for nurse of the year. :)

Let her know that it really was just a gift and that you aren't interested in sex with her. Just a blowjob now and again.

But use your best Bill Clinton voice.....

:razz:

:party:

After gifting several nurses something this past Christmas, one thought it was necessary to tell me she is married. That was after she gave me a card saying how much it meant to her.

The GF said I should explain why I do that every year for many nurses. I’m thinking it’s best to leave this alone.

Thoughts?

I had a long chat today with an administration coordinator about who I was going to nominate for nurse of the year. :)

Just as a side note, because you mentioned nurses, and I'm very proud - my lady-friend just passed her NCLEX-RN. We got the results a couple of hours ago.

Thoughts?

You work in the medical field??

Just as a side note, because you mentioned nurses, and I'm very proud - my lady-friend just passed her NCLEX-RN. We got the results a couple of hours ago.

I nursed a hangover about a week ago ... Does that count for anything ... :dunno:
Congrats to your lady friend.

Should I tell her she isn’t as special as she thinks?
I would nip that in the bud right away. Thank her for the lovely card and you want to clear up any misconceptions. Tell her that you gave the same gift to multiple nurses and others and that you are not interested in her. You have a wonderful girlfriend of so many years and it was just a random act of kindness. Shake hands and walk away.

It will clear up any confusion or the ability to misconstrue your actions.
i agree.

I don’t think she knows I’m dating a doctor.

Thoughts?

Why would you think that? :)

I would nip that in the bud right away. Thank her for the lovely card and you want to clear up any misconceptions. Tell her that you gave the same gift to multiple nurses and others and that you are not interested in her. You have a wonderful girlfriend of so many years and it was just a random act of kindness. Shake hands and walk away.

i agree.

Are you a Doctor then tsycho ? I knew it!

Thoughts?

Why would you think that?

ohhh there you are......I thought that because ....so many nurses.

That's all.

i agree.

Maybe not.

I am real big on clearing up work issues right away. I don't like a whole lot of drama.

Thoughts?

That's all.
I’ve been working in a hospital for 13years. It’s how the GF and I met.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.
-- Will Rogers

I don't know why so few folks don't understand the notion of dignity and self-respect. In situations like the one the OP-er describes, the most dignified response is a non-response: silence.

The true genius shudders at incompleteness -- imperfection -- and usually prefers silence to saying the something which is not everything that should be said.
-- Edgar Allan Poe, Marginalia

That's all.

Cool!

So again I ask

Are you a Doctor.

That's all.

Cool!

So again I ask

Are you a Doctor.
No. I fix the eguipment they use. :)

That's all.

Cool!

So again I ask

Are you a Doctor.
No. I fix the eguipment they use. :)

Thank you ...without your expertise things would not work. That's cool too!:up:

Thoughts?

Your have no understanding of her life experience, thus are; take it on face value and continue to reward those who provide service, including her.

Forum List

Back