Idaho teacher who fed live puppy to snapping turtle in front of pupils found not guilty of cruelty

Yet, if the teacher fed the turtle a rat, everyone would be just fine with that?

Humans are so illogical.

Yet, if the teacher fed the turtle a rat, everyone would be just fine with that?

Humans are so illogical.
I would hate to see a live healthy puppy eaten by a turtle. That being said, animals are animals -- they eat each other.

I can think of quite a few posters here who the same teacher could have fed to the turtle and I would have found him innocent.

Humans are so illogical.
By no means would everyone be fine with that. I'd like to see the jury of Mensa members who found this man innocent of cruelty to this pup...sick and dying or not.

By that twisted logic grandma with terminal cancer could be wheeled out to the firing range to take her place as another target. Well...she's sick and dying after all.

From the article,

". . . reported him to authorities for feeding the sick, dying puppy to the reptile.. . . "

Perfectly healthy pet rat.

Why do we put value on a sick puppy more than a rat? Rats are just as smart?

The article does not say if this was a jury trial, but assuming it was, for those of you calling him sick, there must have been some on the jury that agreed with him.

The article does not say if this was a jury trial, but assuming it was, for those of you calling him sick, there must have been some on the jury that agreed with him.
Yes, and there were people on the OJ jury that didn't find all the blood evidence at OJ's home convincing either and they all agreed with OJ.

The news said the court was packed with backers of the teacher who thought it was just swell to feed this living breathing pup to a carnivorous turtle. I guess he never heard of hamburger or some substitute for live dog.
The jury was packed with assholes if the trial was by jury or the judge himself.was a tremendous asshole.
Either way it's a travesty this teacher got away with a monstrous deed in front of school children, no less.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back