🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

IDF Using Young Detainee As Human Shield 4/19/2013

I saw some soldiers----arresting a person----one soldier walked AWAY from him---
to fire shots----probably warning shots----he did not seem to take careful aim---
what is your point sherri? why must you lie? Isa TOLD YOU TO LIE?

How do you say "sherri --you should like a lot" in arabic?

Israeli soldiers used a handcuffed Palestinian teenager as a*human shield*as they fired at protestors in the occupied West Bank village of Abu Dis on Friday.The incident was caught on video by independent journalist Huthifa Jamous who*posted the footage on his Facebook page.Jamous told The Electronic Intifada by telephone that the incident occurred during a protest in solidarity with hunger striking prisoner*Samer Issawi*in the village which is adjacent to occupied Jerusalem.According to the Jerusalem Media Center, Israeli occupation forces opened fire on protestors using tear gas and rubber-coated steel bullets and youths responded with stones and empty bottles. http://electronicintifada.net/blogs...uffed-palestinian-teen-human-shield-they-fire

Last edited:
THIS has been a regular practice of the IDF, going back as far as 2002. THEY GRAB Palestinian kids or civilians and push the kids or civilians in front of them into violent situations. AND that practice is what intl law defines as a war crime, the unlawful use of human beings as human shields. BTSELEM writes of Israels extensive historical background of using Palestinians as human shields. I GUESS OLD HABITS DIE HARD!

This thread has been cleaned of off topic flaming and trolling - if your post is missing you know why.

If you feel a deep psychological need to flame at particular posters on a personal level take it to FZ!

Hint: the topic is not the crucifiction of Jesus nor the alleged peculiar dining habits of Isa-worshippers and other people's genitals.

So wheres the abuse?

I have no ability to give sight to the blind!
It appears that Frau Sherri is herself blind since she wasn't able to read that Hamas admits that they used people as human shields. Or perhaps Frau Sherri knows this, but she just lies happy and giggling on her chaise lounge thinking she put something over on the viewers when the viewers are much clever than she thinks they are..

Video: Hamas admits to using human shields | EuropeNews

Loinie, anonymous 'testimonies' on a very biased site are not 'documentation' I'm willing to accept.

Loinie, anonymous 'testimonies' on a very biased site are not 'documentation' I'm willing to accept.

We expect a Zionist like you to reject the truth about Israel's use of human shields.

But this issue has even been taken to Isreal's highest court, it is a fact that Israel uses Palestinians as human shields. acknowledged even by the highest court in Israel.

On 6 October 2005, Israel's High Court of Justice ruled that it was illegal for the army to use Palestinian civilians during military actions. The court ruled on a petition submitted by Adalah in the name of B'Tselem and six other human rights organizations in 2002. The petition followed the army's use of Palestinian civilians as human shields since the beginning of the second intifada, primarily during operations carried out in densely populated Palestinian areas, as occurred in Operation Defensive Shield.

The method was the same each time: soldiers picked a civilian at random and forced him to protect them with his body, and do dangerous tasks for them. For example, soldiers have ordered Palestinians to: enter buildings to check if they are booby-trapped, or to remove the occupants; remove suspicious objects from roads; stand inside houses where soldiers set up military positions, so that Palestinians would not fire at them;
and walk in front of soldiers to shield them from gunfire, while the soldiers point a gun to their backs and sometimes fire over their shoulders.

The soldiers in the field did not initiate this practice; rather, the order to use civilians as a means of protection was made by senior army officials

Background on Human Shields | B'Tselem

And even after the highest court ruled in 2005 that using civilians as human shields was unlawful under Israeli law, the practice continued.

Despite the High Court's decision and army orders given before and after it, security forces continued to use Palestinians as human shields, although the number of cases dropped. In 2007, for example, B'Tselem documented 14 such instances. The organization wrote to the Military Advocate General Corps, demanding an investigation into each of the cases. B'Tselem’s monitoring indicates that a Military Police investigation was opened in 13 of them: in two of the cases, the investigation is continuing; in seven cases, the file was closed; and four were transferred to a military advocate for a decision whether to file charges.

During the course of Operation Cast Lead, which took place in Gaza in January 2009, B'Tselem and other organizations were informed of cases in which soldiers used Palestinians as human shields. In one case, two soldiers were prosecuted for ordering a nine-year-old boy gunpoint to open a bag that they suspected was booby-trapped. The two were given a three-month conditional sentence and demoted from staff sergeant to private

Background on Human Shields | B'Tselem

I'm sorry about your reading comprehension issues: I wasn't 'denying' anything EXCEPT the validty of 'Global Research' conspiranutter BS filth webstain being a legitimate 'source' for anything but propoaganda.

If you want to disagree with my view, you'd need to show proof that 'GR' is not biased, doesn't have a particular agenda, that Alison Weir is a news reporter - something like that.

Now- if all you 'pacifist humanitarians' who criticize Israel want to have any credibility: if it's wrong when Israel does it, it's as wrong when HAMAS does it. And HAMAS does indeed use civilians as human shields.

So tell us, Sir Loin, are you going to tell us Hamas lied when they admitted they used human shields? Why not Google it, and more will come up. And let me tell you something. If you happened to ever have been in a position and you knew that places were booby trapped, I doubt very much that you would have misgivings if you sent one of the civilians in the area in first. You can blabber all you want about the Israelis doing it, but when push came to shove, you yourself would do the same thing to save your hide.

Now- if all you 'pacifist humanitarians' who criticize Israel want to have any credibility: if it's wrong when Israel does it, it's as wrong when HAMAS does it. And HAMAS does indeed use civilians as human shields.

The deliberate use of human shields is wrong regardless of who does it.

So tell us, Sir Loin, are you going to tell us Hamas lied when they admitted they used human shields?
I don't think they admitted using human shields.

I do think you mis-interpreted what they said.

Why not Google it, and more will come up..
You made the claim, you provide the evidence.

And let me tell you something. If you happened to ever have been in a position and you knew that places were booby trapped, I doubt very much that you would have misgivings if you sent one of the civilians in the area in first. You can blabber all you want about the Israelis doing it, but when push came to shove, you yourself would do the same thing to save your hide.
There's some truth to that.

But I don't put myself in situations where my presence in an area is illegal.

Forum List

Back