If a cabinet post remains unfilled?

Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
What effectively would be an administration's problems if the senate refused to confirm all of the president's nominations for one or more cabinet posts and the offices remain unfilled?
Respectfully, Supposn

What effectively would be an administration's problems if the senate refused to confirm all of the president's nominations for one or more cabinet posts and the offices remain unfilled?
Respectfully, Supposn

The POTUS can then appoint anyone he wants as the Acting to fill those spots and the Senate loses all control they have on the process

Respectfully, Supposn

Trump showed us what to do. Just appoint acting posts to fill the positions.

Trump showed us what to do. Just appoint acting posts to fill the positions.
Skews13, interesting; then what's the reason or need to seek Senate advice and consent? Respectfully, Supposn

There is a limit to that, which I don’t recall at the moment. Perhaps it is recess appointments that I am thinking of.

There is a time limit if I am not mistaken, but then a different person can be put in a "acting".

Forum List

Back