🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If Biden is going to forgive student debt, the government is going to stop giving taxpayer money to students, right?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
It only make sense, doesn’t it?

Forgive the debt, then stop loaning. Thats part of any student debt forgiveness legislation, right?

Its the perfect way to indoctrinate the cult.

Give them money to go to college and get indocrinated into the cult with a worthless degree and then forgive the debt.

When they talk about predatory lending, isnt it the US GOVERNMENT practicing PREDATORY LENDING to students?

LOANING STUDENTS MONEY THEY CANNOT PAY BACK?

Is the government going to shut itself down for this practice?

Face it, the cabbage patch man is only doing what he’s told further demonstrating he has no concept of what’s going on. In short, yes the government will continue to back student loans, and every time another moron is elected we will eradicate student debt. So what about those that sacrificed to provide a college education for their children….governments response F-Em!

Forgive the debt, then stop loaning. Thats part of any student debt forgiveness legislation, right?

Give them money to go to college and get indocrinated into the cult with a worthless degree and then forgive the debt.
Dems are trying to bribe people for their votes again, that's all this is. The Dem scheme to funnel money into their coffers by way of government backed student loans for sky high priced worthless degrees will continue.

This way the lib indoctrinators the colleges get a government kick back for brainwashing....

Ah he'll, nobody else is gonna do it so I will!

YOURE WRONG! The government will and should continue to loan money and allow free education to anyone that wants it, all on the taxpayers dime! Other countries do it and look at how much more advanced and better they are for it. The rest of the world is passing us by and if we don't give free education to everyone, then how will we compete!

..something like that anyway....

Ah he'll, nobody else is gonna do it so I will!

YOURE WRONG! The government will and should continue to loan money and allow free education to anyone that wants it, all on the taxpayers dime! Other countries do it and look at how much more advanced and better they are for it. The rest of the world is passing us by and if we don't give free education to everyone, then how will we compete!

..something like that anyway....
No, government should get out of it. Less money floating around means colleges will have to lower their tuition. Universities these days look like a 4-star resort.

Let’s get back to dorm rooms, shared bath down the hall, and a large cafeteria-style dining room.

No, government should get out of it. Less money floating around means colleges will have to lower their tuition. Universities these days look like a 4-star resort.

Let’s get back to dorm rooms, shared bath down the hall, and a large cafeteria-style dining room.
No, every teenager is entitled to a quality education at the taxpayers expense. It's for everyone's benefit. Those students will take their new education and become productive members of society, and in turn become taxpayers. So, by giving everyone an education, it benefits the system overall. So, yah, free education for everyone.

Government money may be the only way some people can go to college...

No, every teenager is entitled to a quality education at the taxpayers expense. It's for everyone's benefit. Those students will take their new education and become productive members of society, and in turn become taxpayers. So, by giving everyone an education, it benefits the system overall. So, yah, free education for everyone.

Government money may be the only way some people can go to college...
1) Not every teenager is college material, which is why only slightly more than half finish their degree. No need for taxpayers to take on a financial burden to pay the first year of tuition for Susie to major in Women’s Studies and then drop out, multiplied by a million students.

2) With a limitless amount of tuition coming in from the government, colleges would raise their rates even higher - and hundreds of colleges would let in every dummy just to get the money. A college degree would be so dumb down that it would be meaningless.

3) Besides, we are $30 trillion in debt. We can’t afford it. Should we just print more money, and drive inflation even higher?

You have a very simplistic and wrong view of things. Let me guess: you’re a Democrat.

1) Not every teenager is college material, which is why only slightly more than half finish their degree. No need for taxpayers to take on a financial burden to pay the first year of tuition for Susie to major in Women’s Studies and then drop out, multiplied by a million students.

2) With a limitless amount of tuition coming in from the government, colleges would raise their rates even higher - and hundreds of colleges would let in every dummy just to get the money. A college degree would be so dumb down that it would be meaningless.

3) Besides, we are $30 trillion in debt. We can’t afford it. Should we just print more money, and drive inflation even higher?

You have a very simplistic and wrong view of things. Let me guess: you’re a Democrat.
Two things,

1) Your points are spot on! Thank you.

2) "ThisIsMe" just may be Bernie Sanders

Two things,

1) Your points are spot on! Thank you.

2) "ThisIsMe" just may be Bernie Sanders
Thank you. These idealists who think the answer to our problems is to pay for every Tom, Dick, and Harry to go to college - and get a silly degree and/or drop out after a year - get on my nerves.

At best, less than half of high school students are actually what we used to call “college material.” Remember, the average IQ is 100, meaning half are below that. People with IQs of 94 have no business in college. They‘ll just water down the value of a degree.

What we SHOULD do is change things at the high school level. The above-average students can stay in the academic track, and the average and below-average should go into a vocational track so they will have a marketable skill after graduation. The “split” can occur in the last year.

No, I'm not a Democrat, I just figured for some reason, the democrats decided not to show up in this thread, so, I'd make their argument for them :D

How am I doing?

No, I'm not a Democrat, I just figured for some reason, the democrats decided not to show up in this thread, so, I'd make their argument for them :D

How am I doing?
You’re doing great! Your post showed such ignorance and misguided idealism that I had you pegged for a Democrat for sure! Good work.

The degrees are hardly "worthless". But at the lower end of the salary scale, SOME degrees are certainly not worth the price. A four year degree in social work from the top school in the country for that program, costs $60,000 per year. Over a 4 year period, that's $240,000. When you graduate, you're qualified for a job which pays $40,000 per year. Wash, rinse, repeat for teachers, for any civil service job.

You can't get a job flipping burgers without a high school education, and you can't get a secretarial job without a college degree. A lot of women with business degrees finding it easier to apply for secretarial jobs and then work their way up. A friend of mine parlayed a degree in fashion design and marketing and an accounting department entry level job, to Head of a big department and a partnership with KPMG Management Consultants.

But a degree has been the ticket into the middle class since the Greatest Generation came home from WWII and went to college on the GI Bill. It's not a guarantee of success, but it does get you in the door. Without it the door is locked and barred.

Are we going to mark the loan forgiveness on the credit of thise getting the WRITE OFF?

Thats what it is….a WRITE OFF OF TAXPAYER MONEY NOT BEING PAID BACK.

There had better be a GIANT mark on their credit for 7 years.

Forum List

Back