If Christianity was true, would the evidence look that much different?

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
If Christianity was true, would the evidence or the world really look that much different?

I mean, the people in the Bible saw the miracles and still wanted to go back to Egypt. Peter saw the miracles and went back to fishing after Jesus' death.

When you see the value that fallen creation puts on eternal values, would the world really be that different?

That implies Christianity is not true. It's impossible to know what the world would look like if it weren't true because it is true.

That implies Christianity is not true. It's impossible to know what the world would look like if it weren't true because it is true.

If people consider Christianity to be not true, you can't get them to think about the proofs that are true.

It's not our job to prove it. It's our job to preach it. The Holy Spirit will prove it.

We could labor with all the sophistication and elegance of language, with all the facts of science and history to prove that Jesus is the Christ. And alone it would not prove Christianity a lick to those who are not willing to pierce the veil of unbelief.

And yet, a man or woman, even a child, who can say "I know that Jesus is the Christ" and say so with the power of the Holy Ghost could convert the world. Because when we speak with the power of the Holy Ghost, even if it's a few simple words, the Spirit will testify to those who hear that it is true more strongly than any material evidence could provide.

The material evidence is there, of course, but it's the Spirit we need to be seeking. Because if we can speak with the Spirit, we can do anything. We could even move mountains.

If Christianity was true, would the evidence or the world really look that much different?

I mean, the people in the Bible saw the miracles and still wanted to go back to Egypt. Peter saw the miracles and went back to fishing after Jesus' death.

When you see the value that fallen creation puts on eternal values, would the world really be that different?

Only us saints have the hidden knowledge of God to know the future and how our Creator plans on destroying everything in this world to end this age. Everything that happened in this age was planned and created by our Creator for His purpose only. None of His people will remember living in this first age and they all will be forgiven of their disobedience to Him as our flesh perishes. ALL God's people will rejoice in their new flesh in the new age.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.
18: But be glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.
19: I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress.

It's not our job to prove it. It's our job to preach it. The Holy Spirit will prove it.

We could labor with all the sophistication and elegance of language, with all the facts of science and history to prove that Jesus is the Christ. And alone it would not prove Christianity a lick to those who are not willing to pierce the veil of unbelief.

And yet, a man or woman, even a child, who can say "I know that Jesus is the Christ" and say so with the power of the Holy Ghost could convert the world. Because when we speak with the power of the Holy Ghost, even if it's a few simple words, the Spirit will testify to those who hear that it is true more strongly than any material evidence could provide.

The material evidence is there, of course, but it's the Spirit we need to be seeking. Because if we can speak with the Spirit, we can do anything. We could even move mountains.

Christianity was used by our Creator to teach men how to build things, not to spread the Truth throughout the world. God used His plan called the "beast" to get His people of the Babylonian, Persian, Greek, Roman and Christian Empires to spread building techniques
( false gods ) and build the cities and governments of this world. Religion and governments and now corporations were used by God to enslave His people to this world while He uses us saints to let us know what's going on.

What if you ask a famous artist what his painting is about and all he does is shrug and points you to the painting as an answer?

What if God doesn't answer?

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer (g627 ἀπολογία apologia) to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

1.verbal defence, speech in defence
2.a reasoned statement or argument

Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

And how many people respond to a hard sell rather than an easy one?

Disarm them by asking something simple that they can handle.

How easy is it to keep copies of all my files? Hard.

How do you keep copies of your email synced at work, home and on an iPad? Microsoft's answer is to use IMAP email instead of pop3. How hard is it for people to keep copies of their files synced without technology? How do you sync 20,000 Bible documents?

What should the manuscript record look like? How easy is it to preserve something for 2,000 years? I had a vacuum cleaner in my garage that rusted out after five years.

What should the truth look like?

Hypotheticals don't matter because He does answer.

If He doesn't answer prayers than we can pretty much throw the Bible out.

If people consider Christianity to be not true, you can't get them to think about the proofs that are true.

IF people read there bibles more and seen for them selves the truth would set them free:eusa_angel:

"If Christianity was true..." you should have used the present subjunctive, not the past tense: "If Christianity were true..."

Many events (e.g., "miracles") are enhanced greatly with time. When Babr Ruth hit that home run off Charlie Root in the 1932 World Series nobody gave it a second thought. But ONE reporter THOUGHT he saw Ruth point to the center field bleachers before the pitch, and concluded that he had "called his shot." Within a few days everyone who saw it was convinced that that is what happened.

But maybe not.

I am personally certain that all of the miracles reported in the Good Book are 100% true and authentic, but as for why people who saw them weren't immediately spellbound and convinced of his genuineness...maybe they didn't see things the same way as those who wrote it down decades later.

If He says "no" then that is pretty much like no answer. It doesn't mean we throw the Bible out.

I imagine that the history of the Catholic church and the European conquest of the 'New' World would be a fairly different read.

And just as factually stated and unverifiable is that it's impossible to know what the world would look like if Christianity were true, because it's not true.

:dunno: Now what?

Agree to disagree? Distrust, hatred and war?

IF people read there bibles more and seen for them selves the truth would set them free:eusa_angel:

I have no doubt that is true. But it's difficult to even get self professed Christians to read the Bible. And even if they read it, we come up with lots of excuses not to live it.

If He says "no" then that is pretty much like no answer. It doesn't mean we throw the Bible out.

If God doesn't answer prayers, then the Bible cannot be His word because it clearly teaches that He does answer prayers.

And just as factually stated and unverifiable is that it's impossible to know what the world would look like if Christianity were true, because it's not true.

You do realize that both premises cannot be correct because they are contradictions. Logically the next thing to do is seek the answer to which is correct. and that answer can only come from the Father through revelation.

No need for distrust, hatred, or war simply because we all havent learned the truth yet.

I have no doubt that is true. But it's difficult to even get self professed Christians to read the Bible.
And even if they read it, we come up with lots of excuses not to live it.

If Christianity was true, wouldn't that statement be ridiculous? :dunno:

You do realize that both premises cannot be correct because they are contradictions. Logically the next thing to do is seek the answer to which is correct. and that answer can only come from the Father through revelation.

No need for distrust, hatred, or war simply because we all havent learned the truth yet.

You're ass-u-me-ing. Assuming a LOT.

Obviously both statements can't be true. And just as obviously, we disagree as to which one is bullshit and which one is truth. Unfortunately, neither of us will EVER be able to produce empirical, repeatable, verifiable proof, and even proof wouldn't be enough for many. That leaves us with the simple choice of live and let live or forced conversion to a lifestyle if not beliefs. The question facing both sides today is one of simple tolerance - this is why Civil Law must trump Religious Law whenever the two conflict, and Civil Law MUST be tolerant of minority lifestyles.

If God doesn't answer prayers, then the Bible cannot be His word because it clearly teaches that He does answer prayers.
God doesn't answer prayers because He has a plan. God's plan is His will, and His will be done. If your prayer was a part of God's divine plan, it wasn't your choice to pray and the point becomes moot.

If Christianity were true, the end times would have already been achieved.
“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.” (Genesis 6:5)
Sounds a lot like today's day and age, but there's no God to send a great flood. The real God doesn't work this way.

Forum List

Back