If God is....

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Why so little justice? :dunno:

:eusa_think: Survival of the most fit, justice be damned, certainly fits the historic evidence better.

`

I think the answer I most loved about that question (being asked many times) is adressed to in the Book of Tzvi Kolitz-"God has hidden His face from the world and delivered mankind over to its own savage urges and instincts....so (shall a) true believer see in these events a part of God's great leveling of the scales, in which even human tragedies weigh little."

:eusa_think: Survival of the most fit, justice be damned, certainly fits the historic evidence better.

`

So little justice? It's not like we leave this earth alive Joe. :muahaha:

I think the answer I most loved about that question (being asked many times) is adressed to in the Book of Tzvi Kolitz-"God has hidden His face from the world and delivered mankind over to its own savage urges and instincts....so (shall a) true believer see in these events a part of God's great leveling of the scales, in which even human tragedies weigh little."

Why? A little justice from time to time would, among other things, be comforting to believers and evidence for non believers.

If God is, why is justice so rare?

`

`

That's kind of my point, Mr. V.

If justice and vengence are the only evidences of God, why so little justice?

Especially ass-u-me-ing that God loves us.....

`

Justice is all from your perspective. For example, if someone murders a loved one of yours, you want to see them hang yesterday.

However, if a loved one of yours murders someone, more than likely you want mercy in some form.

Justice is a balance between the two. No two people will ever agree to what justice really is in these two instances. Only an all knowing being who is benevolent is able to dish out justice and the only one who is then capable of knowing what justice really is.

`

at least there is so little - and does that mean if there were no God there would be no Justice at all ?

If there were justice, in the immediate sense, would any of us be here?

`

Because the path to lasting equal justice is often counter-intuitive.
When we think of justice we think of retributive justice.
But this divides people where they fight over whose idea of justice
is going to prevail, so it defeats due process, blocks delays and denies justice.

Often it is only after people forgive first then corrections and restitution can be sought
which establish mutual justice that heals the relationship and the wounds,
and can also address the damages for sake of equity where justice and peace can be restored.
If things cannot be repaired physically, that is where spiritual restoration is
even more important so the wounds of injustice are not carried by the victims.

This is not obvious, to seek justice by forgiving each other.

But that is how people are able to resolve injustice where the
faith and relations are restored.

So that is why we do not see more justice.
We are usually approaching it in a way that creates resistance so we defeat our own purpose.

Last edited:

`

at least there is so little - and does that mean if there were no God there would be no Justice at all ?

I'd also ask
if none of us have ever seen Justice
then how do we have a concept of it?
Why do we strive for what is not possible unless some form of it is attainable?

From a human perspective, the crucifixion of Jesus was an injustice, and according to the story whether a myth or true, Pilate pleaded with Jesus to save himself from the betrayal and injustice. Yet Jesus responded that nobody had power over him except God.

Why would Jesus opt for injustice except to prove that it had no real power?

He rose after the crucifixion to prove God is the only real power of life by overcoming death.

If you believe in God then injustice in the human experience is not an infinite reality.

Justice is all from your perspective. For example, if someone murders a loved one of yours, you want to see them hang yesterday.

However, if a loved one of yours murders someone, more than likely you want mercy in some form.

Justice is a balance between the two. No two people will ever agree to what justice really is in these two instances. Only an all knowing being who is benevolent is able to dish out justice and the only one who is then capable of knowing what justice really is.

Where people can forgive and work together to reach agreement on what to do,
what is the best form of restitution and correction for the best interests of all parties,
then there can be justice served.

Where people disagree, and politics and bullying are used to push one position
or another, one or both parties stand to lose out, and both lose the relationship.
So that leads to further injustice.

Ask any family, of either a victim or offender in a capital case,
and you will see how everyone suffers additional injustice
by a system ill-equipped to address their wounds and grievances.

When we've had enough of this suffering, and financial injustice this costs society,
when more people unite to get rid of ill conditions leading to capital crime in the first place,
then we will no longer need to use capital punishment so much either,
and then we may start to see justice when public resources
and focus are directed to where it is deserved and effective
in correcting and preventing crime abuse and violence, instead of wasted on the political aftermath.

From a human perspective, the crucifixion of Jesus was an injustice, and according to the story whether a myth or true, Pilate pleaded with Jesus to save himself from the betrayal and injustice. Yet Jesus responded that nobody had power over him except God.

Why would Jesus opt for injustice except to prove that it had no real power?

He rose after the crucifixion to prove God is the only real power of life by overcoming death.

If you believe in God then injustice in the human experience is not an infinite reality.

I would add and clarify:
Not just to prove a point, but to carry out the spiritual process necessary
to resolve all injustice over time for all humanity.

God didn't will it just to prove his will was supreme.
The will was to correct the imbalances causing an endless
cycle of retribution; there was nothing to counteract all that
negative patterning repeating from the past whether you call this sin or karma
from generation to generation, passed down and inflicted on the next person.

Since Jesus had no debts or sins to pay for,
then taking on this injustice paid the debts of others.

So instead of paying debts backward, it is paid forward.
So in this way, through Christ, we break the cycle of
sin and suffering by answering injustice with mercy,
wrongs with forgiveness and corrections, to pay it
forward and prevent the cycles from repeating.
We eventually heal and learn from the past
and achieve lasting justice and peace this way.

Thanks Drifter

I also love your signature quote!
another favorite from KGibran is
"Pain is the breaking of the shell
that encloses your understanding"

Thank you for being a gentle open soul
who makes these changes more bearable
with support, and not so painful to be feared.
May you bless many more people with your
presence here, and your gift of listening with empathy.

Forum List

Back