If life is short, and heaven is forever...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Ever wonder about all the things we concern ourselves with? Politics, disagreements about religion, legal rights, the enviroment, our looks and weight, who's gay, etc. And yet after a very short run being alive we're all gonna die, and if there's an afterlife-existence waiting for us, I can't imagine anything we got so hot and bothered about in life will still be on our minds then. Really think a given Presidental fave or opposition comes up in conversation among dead people in Heaven? And yet of those of us looking fowards to the afterlife, they seem to care a surprising amount about earthly concerns. I find that very curious indeed.

The spiritualists teach reincarnation and karma. That is until we reach enlightenment, or a state of grace where we no longer need incarnations. After that we go on evolving as immortal beings in higher planes of existence.
While we are still bound by karma we have unfinished business in a mortal world so we have to come back many times. In between lives we exist in the spirit world and assimilate the experiences of our last incarnation.
Even after reaching enlightenment people may still feel attachments to the world and want to help from the spirit world by being spirit guides or spirit healers. Or by trying to inspire people on the earth with telepathy or in dreams.

Ever wonder about all the things we concern ourselves with? Politics, disagreements about religion, legal rights, the enviroment, our looks and weight, who's gay, etc. And yet after a very short run being alive we're all gonna die, and if there's an afterlife-existence waiting for us, I can't imagine anything we got so hot and bothered about in life will still be on our minds then. Really think a given Presidental fave or opposition comes up in conversation among dead people in Heaven? And yet of those of us looking fowards to the afterlife, they seem to care a surprising amount about earthly concerns. I find that very curious indeed.

Yes, it is curious, we actually agree. “Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.” Glaring truth. Too much of this world. It is also why so many Christians will find themselves in purgatory for a very long time (if they are lucky).

So what’s your angle? I was under the impression you doubted an afterlife. Or at least, it matters very little what we do now as to where we end up then?

If that is true, then why are you spending your precious days trying to trip up believers 24/7?

Yes, it is curious, we actually agree. “Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.” Glaring truth. Too much of this world. It is also why so many Christians will find themselves in purgatory for a very long time (if they are lucky).

So what’s your angle? I was under the impression you doubted an afterlife. Or at least, it matters very little what we do now as to where we end up then?

If that is true, then why are you spending your precious days trying to trip up believers 24/7?
Most so called "Christians" are going straight on the fire. These days theywould loathe Jesus with all their being if they met him.

Most so called "Christians" are going straight on the fire. These days theywould loathe Jesus with all their being if they met him.
Well that is a bit extreme. I wasn't going that far.

What denomination or creed do you represent?

1“Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2“For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3“Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4“Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5“You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

I am who I am.

Im a follower of Christ.

I am who I am.

Im a follower of Christ.

Well that doesn't tell me much. You could also be in great error seeings how Christians differ greatly on crucial teachings.

I notice you suggested a lot of "Christians" are on their way to hell. I was curious why you thought that or what they did or did not do to deserve that.

I am who I am.

Im a follower of Christ.

Well that doesn't tell me much. You could also be in great error seeings how Christians differ greatly on crucial teachings.

I notice you suggested a lot of "Christians" are on their way to hell. I was curious why you thought that or what they did or did not do to deserve that.
They actively perform the opposite of my two commandments for them.

My anger is great.

I am who I am.

Im a follower of Christ.

My anger is great.
Are you too afraid to talk like a normal conversationalist?

Or just too embarrassed?

Im a follower of Christ.

My anger is great.
Are you too afraid to talk like a normal conversationalist?

Or just too embarrassed?
The Son of Man may feel embarrassed, but I am embarrassed only for you.

The spiritualists teach reincarnation and karma. That is until we reach enlightenment, or a state of grace where we no longer need incarnations. After that we go on evolving as immortal beings in higher planes of existence.
While we are still bound by karma we have unfinished business in a mortal world so we have to come back many times. In between lives we exist in the spirit world and assimilate the experiences of our last incarnation.
Even after reaching enlightenment people may still feel attachments to the world and want to help from the spirit world by being spirit guides or spirit healers. Or by trying to inspire people on the earth with telepathy or in dreams.
The Bible teaches much of the same whether preachers teach it or know how to teach on this aspect of being born of the spirit is a different story. The spirit walks, it comes in dreams (God is love- a spirit), Jesus told the crowd something along the same that goes something like this 'there are those of you standing here today that will be here when I come again', and again to the church of Philadelphia the message of overcoming and going out no more. A lot to learn in it all if it is searched out. Before time is speaking before the fall from grace as a precursor to looking and seeking aka the "serpent" within.

Forum List

Back