Zone1 If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in response?

If someone attempts to rob you At knife or gunpoint do you believe you have a right to shoot them in

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure why that is arrestable? The armed criminal took your stuff. Should be able to put it down?
If the robber is running away with your stuff.
Then the lethal threat to your life no longer exits.
So you would be in legal jeopardy of you chased and shot him because he had possession your items.

I don't. But sometimes I have to travel to your shitholes.
Stay home. You're voting for looters

looters trumps.JPG

You skewed the results when you framed the question. The right to self defense is universal, but when you quantify it with what ifs, it can take 10,000 variations, and when you throw in a jury of today's internet lawyers it has a life of it's own. The laws are clearly and simply written, it's best not to overthink them.

Says someone who has never heard of the Mozambique drill.

In the video a cop walks up pulling his gun and gets shot in the face and killed.

There are general rules you follow with firearms. Those rules may be cheated now and then, but generally speaking you are well advised to follow them.

Unless you want to bet your life that you will be the exception.

but they would first have to put a gun on you or a knife and then demand your money.

All though you bring up another point if you see somebody get robbed at knife or gunpoint and the robber is running away, does somebody have a right to shoot them morally speaking?

no

In the video a cop walks up pulling his gun and gets shot in the face and killed.

There are general rules you follow with firearms. Those rules may be cheated now and then, but generally speaking you are well advised to follow them.

Unless you want to bet your life that you will be the exception.
I have been training for a very, very long time. I don't make the mistakes the cop did.

While your advice is sound for the most part, it is not an absolute. Never make blanket statements, they are always going to be proven wrong.

Of course. Only an idiot would think otherwise.
Unfortunately, that’s a problem we have in this country. With a lot of things Including self-defense and morality. Like if somebody breaks into a person’s home and the intruder gets shot, the homeowner sometimes is held responsible by lefties. They like to play games of technicalities and all this other stuff. But I think morally speaking that it’s common sense that if somebody believes that they have a right to hold someone up with a weapon or break into somebody’s home to steal or commit some kind of crime…. they’ve given up the rights to exist.

Forum List

Back