If the Blue Wall defaults prior to the Census how many seats will it cost?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
If the Ds lose net seats as a result of the second SALT cap how many seats will it cost. And it will cost. Tax payers are being replaced by tax consumers through out the blue wall. Out of state tags are getting a lot more common here in FL and purportedly in TN as well.

It won't happen until after 2020, but Texas is expected to pick up I think 3 or 4 House seats from rustbelt states, so it will come down to how Texas redraws their districts.

It won't happen until after 2020, but Texas is expected to pick up I think 3 or 4 House seats from rustbelt states, so it will come down to how Texas redraws their districts.
True but available funds to keep even vital services going is going down at a compound interest rate with IL is the worst case but CA is not far behind. One or both will be under consent decrees with teeth this time next year.

True but available funds to keep even vital services going is going down at a compound interest rate with IL is the worst case but CA is not far behind. One or both will be under consent decrees with teeth this time next year.

States cannot declare Chapter 9 bankruptcy. Local governments can but not states themselves.

Without counting Illegals CA might only have 6 Congressmen and 24 Electoral college votes

If the Ds lose net seats as a result of the second SALT cap how many seats will it cost. And it will cost. Tax payers are being replaced by tax consumers through out the blue wall. Out of state tags are getting a lot more common here in FL and purportedly in TN as well.

Have we ever talked about how "red" areas here turn "blue" when the "red" flee?

Not that the "reds" aren't making a somewhat intelligent economic decision but its generally their own fault.

Not that the "reds" aren't making a somewhat intelligent economic decision but its generally their own fault.

How so?

(This will be interesting)

Without counting Illegals CA might only have 6 Congressmen and 24 Electoral college votes

How do you get 24 electoral votes out of 6 Congressmen?

With six House Representatives, the state would get 8 electoral votes.

If you are talking House and Senate equaling 6, they would get 6 electoral votes.

So, exactly where does 24 come from?

How so?

Since the civil rights act and the party realignment:

Here new subdivisions start off "red". A minority member moves in and the "reds" know other "reds" won't ever buy a house in their neighborhood again so the "reds" sell immediately.

Now demand for the property has fallen, prices go down, half the population doesn't want to live there. "blues" with jobs start moving out and poof. You have a "blue" neighborhood ruined by the "blues" you think?

Its really not that extreme or clear cut but that's the pattern. The least wealthy of the "blues" who are left don't get credit but also neither do the "reds" for anything but knowing when to sell by recognizing the economic effects of their own racism.

How so?

Here new subdivisions start off "red". A minority member moves in and the "reds" know other "reds" won't ever buy a house in their neighborhood again so the "reds" sell immediately.

Now demand for the property has fallen, prices go down, half the population doesn't want to live there. "blues" with jobs start moving out and poof. You have a "blue" neighborhood ruined by the "blues" you think?

Its really not that extreme or clear cut but that's the pattern. The least wealthy of the "blues" who are left don't get credit but also neither do the "reds" for anything but knowing when to sell by recognizing the economic effects of their own racism.

So this is about racism to you? Funny I thought it was about voting for Democrats and high taxes locally.

That's why I left Illinois, you want to pay $50 bucks for a snicker bar, go ahead.

How so?

So this is about racism to you? Funny I thought it was about voting for Democrats and high taxes locally.

That's why I left Illinois, you want to pay $50 bucks for a snicker bar, go ahead.

The OP's red vs blue default world is created partially by racism so it became pertinent.

Listening to folk's stories about everyplace they've lived and seeing how they've gone to hell then watching a few decades worth of modern migration has taught me a few things.

Its not quite a butterfly starting a hurricane 1,500 miles away but there is some cause and effect.

How so?

The OP's red vs blue default world is created partially by racism so it became pertinent.

Listening to folk's stories about everyplace they've lived and seeing how they've gone to hell then watching a few decades worth of modern migration has taught me a few things.

Its not quite a butterfly starting a hurricane 1,500 miles away but there is some cause and effect.
The black belt runs clearly through the south but does not seem to make those areas that much less red. I think white flighting an entire congressional district is a bit of a stretch, let alone an entire state. That is more a localized problem.

I would rather see Illegals Removed from The Census Count. California will lose at least 10 seats alone because of that.

States cannot declare Chapter 9 bankruptcy. Local governments can but not states themselves.

Never say never, get enough attorneys in the same room and they'll find a way.
Bankrupt States Could Trim Pensions

The article makes it clear that the legislature would have to change the law. i.e. the congress. The only real way I could see them getting around it otherwise maybe would be to spin the high debt losing enterprises into government owned not for profits and try to get them to declare bankruptcy---like pension plans. Create state versions of PBGC and then declare the state beneficiaries insolvent and reduce benefits for future retirees.

How do you get 24 electoral votes out of 6 Congressmen?

With six House Representatives, the state would get 8 electoral votes.

If you are talking House and Senate equaling 6, they would get 6 electoral votes.

So, exactly where does 24 come from?
Fuck if I know

States cannot declare bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is a legal process to restructure or pay liabilities. They can default, ie not pay their liabilities, but they cannot declare bankruptcy.

Forum List

Back