If the gop can actually say yes to 1trillion and not raise ANY taxes or appropriate more money, Biden should say yes

re inflation: infrastructure spending is not like what Biden and the gop did with direct stimulus to stem the pandemic losses. We do seem to have more demand now that supply. But the stimulus is ending.

Infrastructure spending happens over years. The gop proposes 8. Roads and bridges take time, and increase econ efficiency and lower transp costs.
The reason why the Dems dropped the price was many states enacted higher fuel taxes to cover the cost.

We're already running a 4+% inflation rate....That not enough for you?
Right on. An Xbox X is selling at Walmart website for $900+ Oh wait. It’s scarcity of product. Just like every other price raise.
yeah demand for some goods and gas increased faster than supply. I wonder if demand will stay the same over the final two quarters of 21. And the workforce may not be coming back even as aid dries up. That's not a new phenomenon but the pandemic may have accellerated it.

Right on. An Xbox X is selling at Walmart website for $900+ Oh wait. It’s scarcity of product. Just like every other price raise.
yeah demand for some goods and gas increased faster than supply. I wonder if demand will stay the same over the final two quarters of 21. And the workforce may not be coming back even as aid dries up. That's not a new phenomenon but the pandemic may have accellerated it.
The economic illiteracy here is off the scale.

At least $3 trillion is already slated to be printed up out of thin air this year, with no corresponding increase in production.

re inflation: infrastructure spending is not like what Biden and the gop did with direct stimulus to stem the pandemic losses. We do seem to have more demand now that supply. But the stimulus is ending.

Infrastructure spending happens over years. The gop proposes 8. Roads and bridges take time, and increase econ efficiency and lower transp costs.
The reason why the Dems dropped the price was many states enacted higher fuel prices to cover the cost.
but I don't think the dems dropped the price .... yet anyway. If one trillion can't rebuild the interstates and deepen the ports for the new bigger container ships and fix water systems .... well, I can't believe it won't get us back to 2000

The economic illiteracy here is off the scale.
from u that is a compliment. LOL

Even if it means dropping most of the "human infrastructure" which was imo bs anyway

“We are anxious to have a bipartisan agreement,” Capito told reporters on Capitol Hill.

A GOP aide who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the private talks said the price tag would be $1 trillion over eight years, paid for by tapping funds that have been allocated as part of COVID-19 relief but not yet spent. The aide said about $700 billion remains in unspent virus aid.
You know taxes are going up if Biden has his way!
Taxes went up when Joe undid Trump's tax cut....I think that was on day one....

Which would take both houses of Congress to approve...meaning..it didn't happen. :)
Wake up!
You should wake up...so that you are not surprised next April 15th....

The reason why the Dems dropped the price was many states enacted higher fuel prices to cover the cost.
but I don't think the dems dropped the price .... yet anyway. If one trillion can't rebuild the interstates and deepen the ports for the new bigger container ships and fix water systems .... well, I can't believe it won't get us back to 2000
When they review the latest Republican submittal they will by their next announcement.

Even if it means dropping most of the "human infrastructure" which was imo bs anyway

“We are anxious to have a bipartisan agreement,” Capito told reporters on Capitol Hill.

A GOP aide who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the private talks said the price tag would be $1 trillion over eight years, paid for by tapping funds that have been allocated as part of COVID-19 relief but not yet spent. The aide said about $700 billion remains in unspent virus aid.

Which would take both houses of Congress to approve...meaning..it didn't happen. :)
Wake up!

Every day is April 15th, with a 4+% inflation rate.

I hate to say it but Corporate Taxes need to go up just to offset some of what our boy & girls in Washington have blown already, not to mention that payroll taxes need to rise if we’re going to avoid seeing DRACONIAN cuts in SS benefits in the next decade.

The bastards have put us in a no win situation with all the reckless spending, either we start paying for it now or we’re going to be paying A LOT more in taxes later, kicking the can down the road is coming to end.

Wake up!

your own link is to "proposed" hikes. Personally I agree with gop thought that Joe doesn't have the votes. The real proplem is added defict, but the gop's tax cuts grew them. Supposedly we should see annual growth over 5% annually for the rest of 21, and that would restrain deficit

Wake up!

Yeah you got that right and sadly it’s the poor that get hit the hardest with the “inflation tax”, unfortunately they’ll just use that as an excuse to pass more subsidies for people that ARE NOT POOR.

Wake up!

your own link is to "proposed" hikes. Personally I agree with gop thought that Joe doesn't have the votes. The real proplem is added defict, but the gop's tax cuts grew them. Supposedly we should see annual growth over 5% annually for the rest of 21, and that would restrain deficit
Proposed by Biden and the dems that have a majority in both houses...don't put it out of the realm of possibility...look what else they got passed....

Only in the good ole US of Amnesia do we suggest taking previous deficit spending to finance further deficit spending and call it a wash.

Federal Government bookkeeping at it’s finest, brought to you by our dearly beloved “Fiscal Conservative” Crime Family.

I just hope my spouse doesn’t catch on to this tactic “well I was going to put $10,000 on the credit cards but I only put $5,0000 so I want to use that extra 5 Grand to finance the additional $20,000 I’m planning to spend, see I’m saving money!”

Wake up!

Yeah you got that right and sadly it’s the poor that get hit the hardest with the “inflation tax”, unfortunately they’ll just use that as an excuse to pass more subsidies for people that ARE NOT POOR.
More the working poor. I do worry about the dems increased child tax credits and increases to spending that is just not time limited aid. But the tax hike of the 1% would not have to be huge for that. Soc Sec is fixed by ending the cap, although that's got problems. The gop says the 17 tax cut gave us the best econ in decades. I don't buy that anymore than Biden's spending plans

Wake up!

Proposed by Biden and the dems that have a majority in both houses...don't put it out of the realm of possibility...look what else they got passed....
Don't count unhatched chickens. Machin and Sienna aren't going for the whole enchilada, But they shouldn't spend new social and annual spending with deficit dollars. That's a gop tactic. LOL

Ah government morons just spent $40 trillion over the past 10 years with nothing to show for it. No more trillions for government until they pull their head out of their ass.

Wake up!

More the working poor. I do worry about the dems increased child tax credits and increases to spending that is just not time limited aid. But the tax hike of the 1% would not have to be huge for that. Soc Sec is fixed by ending the cap, although that's got problems. The gop says the 17 tax cut gave us the best econ in decades. I don't buy that anymore than Biden's spending plans
It’s not just the working poor bendog the subsidized poor get slammed by inflation just as hard since their subsidies (what little we allocate to them out of the total subsidies that are spent) for the most part aren’t indexed to inflation.

All the other add-ons you referred to ARE time limited, so they’ll run out and the poor will be stuck with the higher prices and nothing to cover them with. It’s not like the poor have the wherewithal to invest all the sugar daddy one offs to keep pace with inflation, stuff like that is reserved for people that have the excess disposable income to handle it.

Not to mention many of the poor are out blowing those sugar daddy gimme’s on shit they can’t afford (like Houses, Durable Goods, etc..,) setting us up for yet another credit crunch.

We should be ashamed of ourselves that only a small fraction of subsidies (like 13%) go to people that are actually classified as POOR.

Only in the good ole US of Amnesia do we suggest taking previous deficit spending to finance further deficit spending and call it a wash.

Federal Government bookkeeping at it’s finest, brought to you by our dearly beloved “Fiscal Conservative” Crime Family.

I just hope my spouse doesn’t catch on to this tactic “well I was going to put $10,000 on the credit cards but I only put $5,0000 so I want to use that extra 5 Grand to finance the additional $20,000 I’m planning to spend, see I’m saving money!”
No one in the gop called it "a wash." But the point is that 700 billion is already counted towards "spending." And more imporatantly the actual increase in money in the econ would occur over 8 years, and both payrolls and econ efficiency would increase. So it is not just 1 trillion in "new debt" and arguably more roads pay for themselves in added econ activity.

A conservative should wonder about handing people money to not work or buy stuff, but actual infrastructue that is needed is not exactly controversial. LOL

No one in the gop called it "a wash." But the point is that 700 billion is already counted towards "spending." And more imporatantly the actual increase in money in the econ would occur over 8 years, and both payrolls and econ efficiency would increase. So it is not just 1 trillion in "new debt" and arguably more roads pay for themselves in added econ activity.

A conservative should wonder about handing people money to not work or buy stuff, but actual infrastructue that is needed is not exactly controversial. LOL
They most certainly are trying to pass it off as a “wash” to the public, the average citizen isn’t looking at the details only the headlines and on the surface it appears to be a case of “See! we’re paying for this new spending!”.

That’s how propaganda works, just enough truth to make all the BS sound plausible.

The Fed is going to have to do something about inflation and when they do, the numbers are going to look really bad.

Forum List

Back