If Walker wins the recall election, was the recall a success?

If Walker wins the recall election, was the recall a success?

• Total voters
No

the idea was to waste time and money to get rid of him.

If you waste all that time and money, and still fail to get rid of him, they will really have to ramp up the time and money to waste to keep him from being re-elected.

My money is on Walker getting re-elected due to the fact WI is in better fiscal shape than it has been in a long time.

You are forgetting the Senate recalls.

If they take one seat, the Senate flips.

Walker doesn't need to lose for the recall to be successful.

Demonstrating to politicians that they remain accountable to voters who hold the ultimate power is always a success. Recall, protest....while packing heat, no less. Nothing bad can truly come of such things.

Hate to break this to you but taking back the Senate would allow the Democrats to keep Walker from passing any "further" legislation but it wouldn't give them the ability to undo what he's already gotten passed and THAT legislation is what the unions are paying all those millions to try and get rid of.

Bottom line...if they don't win the Walker recall then they've lost BIG TIME.

So? he admits only he should have done a better job of explaining/selling his actions. Not even remotely close to the admission YOU claimed in the other thread that he made about 'going way too fucking far'.

FAIL. AGAIN.

If not for the recall, he would have never made such an admission. The fail is all Wankers...

Yeah, that's not gonna happen though, is it?
I mean, they collected more signatures than Walker had VOTERS in the last election.

You don't win against the tide.

I mean, they collected more signatures than Walker had VOTERS in the last election.

You can if the Democrats don't have a candidate to run against him.

As yet, they do not. I understand that was by design, so they could get signatures without the threat of a poor candidate choice reducing the numbers. But you'd think now they'd come out and present their chosen savior.

Hate to break this to you but taking back the Senate would allow the Democrats to keep Walker from passing any "further" legislation but it wouldn't give them the ability to undo what he's already gotten passed and THAT legislation is what the unions are paying all those millions to try and get rid of.

Bottom line...if they don't win the Walker recall then they've lost BIG TIME.

You aren't telling me anything I don't already know about what the effects are of the different outcomes of the recalls.

The GOP holds the House too so even if they take the Senate and oust Walker how will they be able to reverse what he did when he had a controlled government?
They were never going to be able to reverse what he did with a recall....

Winning one Senate seat will essentially do the same thing ousting Walker will do....stop the Wisconsin GOP from running roughshod all over the state and send them the message that their actions won't be allowed to go unchecked.

As yet, they do not. I understand that was by design, so they could get signatures without the threat of a poor candidate choice reducing the numbers. But you'd think now they'd come out and present their chosen savior.

It's my understanding that there is one guy who has been campaigning already. The recall election won't be until this summer, so there is plenty of time.

It's my understanding that there is one guy who has been campaigning already. The recall election won't be until this summer, so there is plenty of time.

True enough. But the longer they wait, the more time Walker has unopposed to press his case.

Dems can only say 'Let's defeat Walker!' for so long without actually telling everyone who they want to replace him with.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back