If we banned all guns

What are police departments going to do?
You understand there have been semi auto firearms for about 100 years right?
You realize a hacksaw can take care of barrel length issues pretty easily, right?

So your proposals suck and are totally unrealistic. Let's ask, How many guns have you ever owned?
You have NO solutions! Your response is to do NOTHING! Except to sling mud on all proposals. And yes, I own a shotgun.
No, I have solutions. Decriminalize guns. Criminalize actual crimes. Quit publicizing details about mass shooters, which serves to glorify them and encourage others to seek thei 15 minutes by killing people.
Oh! The4 "Ostrich" approach! Treat mass shootings the way the NFL deals with streakers and the problem will go away! Flood the streets with all manner of guns. Rocket Propelled Grenade launchers, flame throwers, sniper rifles and depleted uranium shell casings. With no criminal restrictions, we can quickly get to that Old West shoot out phase that the gun nuts see in movies as a grand way of life.

And they call my solutions unworkable.

First, I propose a TOTAL ban on the manufacture, sale, possession, import, export, trade, swap or bequest of all weapons with semi-automatic firing systems and magazines capable of holding greater than ten rounds. If strawmen can cross state lines and buy mass quantities of such weapons because single states already ban them, make the program national.

A ban on all weapons with barrel lengths shorter than six inches. Ownership of bolt action rifles, pump action shot guns and revolvers should not be interfered with.

....because students, roommates, and bystanders shot with a revolver or two (with speedloaders and/or quick-change cylinders) aren't nearly as "bad" as students, roommates, and bystanders shot by a semi-automatic pistol.

How stupid can these blinders-on gun-ban fanatics be?
I outlined this type of response a few pages ago. Listen to the gun nuts. they will tell you that everything is unworkable. They think that all solutions must be totally effective and air tight. They simply rationalize that their gun lust trumps all concerns fro public safety. We are indeed engaged in a suicide pact and the gun nuts are calling the tune.

Well, you r solutions are stupid and unworkable. They do not address the millions of semi autos in circulation. Nor the ease that someone could make one with. Nor the issue of police needing weapons. So no it doesnt need to be perfect. But it does need to have some kind of demonstrable impact.
And I dont believe you own a shotgun.

OK. let's say the Diane Feinsteins of the world got their wish and the US imposed a total ban on guns, no private citizen was allowed to own one. I realize the Supreme Court made that impossible, but let's say it's wet dream week at the DNC.
Then what?
The civil disobesdiance would make Prohibition look like child's play. If the gov't tried to enforce the edict going to house to house they would have a rebellion of major proportions in many places. Sure, not in Commieformia, where men are limp dicks. But in more rural areas, forget it. There isn't an army big enough to enforce that.

OK, so let's say we simply enacted "common sense" gun control like they want. Basically a re-enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban and other provisions like registration of guns, no private sales, etc.
We know what the old AWB did. Nothing. OK, not nothing It drove up the price of hi cap mags and pre ban weapons. It sure didnt stop a single shooting or crime. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result.
There are over 300M guns in this country. The genie is not going back in the bottle.

:doubt: no one proposed banning all guns...

'I Am Not A Sixth Grader': Sens. Feinstein, Cruz Spar On 2nd Amendment

By a 10-8, party-line vote with Democrats in favor and Republicans opposed, the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday moved legislation that would revive the ban on assault-style weapons that expired in 2004.

'I Am Not A Sixth Grader': Sens. Feinstein, Cruz Spar On 2nd Amendment : The Two-Way : NPR

Treat mass shootings the way the NFL deals with streakers and the problem will go away! Flood the streets with all manner of guns. Rocket Propelled Grenade launchers, flame throwers, sniper rifles and depleted uranium shell casings. With no criminal restrictions, we can quickly get to that Old West shoot out phase that the gun nuts see in movies as a grand way of life.

One common characteristic of these blinders-on gun-ban fanatics, is that when they are proven wrong, they start ranting hysterically like this.

It's been happening a lot recently.

You have NO solutions! Your response is to do NOTHING! Except to sling mud on all proposals. And yes, I own a shotgun.
No, I have solutions. Decriminalize guns. Criminalize actual crimes. Quit publicizing details about mass shooters, which serves to glorify them and encourage others to seek thei 15 minutes by killing people.
Oh! The4 "Ostrich" approach! Treat mass shootings the way the NFL deals with streakers and the problem will go away! Flood the streets with all manner of guns. Rocket Propelled Grenade launchers, flame throwers, sniper rifles and depleted uranium shell casings. With no criminal restrictions, we can quickly get to that Old West shoot out phase that the gun nuts see in movies as a grand way of life.

You know we had zero gun control in this country until 1933. And minimal control until 1968. And things hardly deteriorated to the Old West.
You're just throwing hysterical ravings out there with no basis in fact.

The advantage of letting all law-abiding adults carry, goes far beyond the ability to shoot a bad guy. Any shooting in public is dangerous.

If universal concealed carry were allowed, most law-abiding citizens still wouldn't bother carrying. But a few would.

And a criminal who's thinking about mugging somebody, raping them, robbing a store etc., knows that. And he knows that, even though most people don't carry, there's still a pretty good chance that someone in the crowd probably has a gun. And he has no idea who.

But he knows a bullet may come from an unexpected direction, at any time, as he does his robbery or rape or whatever. And he has no way to defend against it.

A few truly insane whackos might go ahead and do it anyway. But a great many of them will simply never bother to rob the store or whatever he was planning to do. Some might even eventually find a different line of work.

And all without a shot being fired.

The biggest advantage of universal carry by law-abiding citizens, is that many crimes will simply never happen, that would have happened if not for the universal carry. Even though most people still don't bother carrying.

OK. let's say the Diane Feinsteins of the world got their wish and the US imposed a total ban on guns, no private citizen was allowed to own one. I realize the Supreme Court made that impossible, but let's say it's wet dream week at the DNC.
Then what?
The civil disobesdiance would make Prohibition look like child's play. If the gov't tried to enforce the edict going to house to house they would have a rebellion of major proportions in many places. Sure, not in Commieformia, where men are limp dicks. But in more rural areas, forget it. There isn't an army big enough to enforce that.

OK, so let's say we simply enacted "common sense" gun control like they want. Basically a re-enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban and other provisions like registration of guns, no private sales, etc.
We know what the old AWB did. Nothing. OK, not nothing It drove up the price of hi cap mags and pre ban weapons. It sure didnt stop a single shooting or crime. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result.
There are over 300M guns in this country. The genie is not going back in the bottle.

By a 10-8, party-line vote with Democrats in favor and Republicans opposed, the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday moved legislation that would revive the ban on assault-style weapons that expired in 2004.

'I Am Not A Sixth Grader': Sens. Feinstein, Cruz Spar On 2nd Amendment : The Two-Way : NPR

banning any gun is a violation of constitutional rights. we are fully aware of the step by step approach being applied to eventually lead to a total gun ban

300,000,000 guns. No way to confiscate them all. The Assault Weapons Ban did nothing because the gun lobby insisted on arguing meaningless cosmetics rather than the real problem; the firing and loading systems. The genie is out of the bottle.

Now, gun nuts will tell you that they are armed and ready to fight the government. You know, the Timothy McVeigh argument. Gun nuts will tell you that it is their absolute right to own guns designed for warfare, fitted with semi-automatic firing systems and high capacity ammunition magazines. Presumably, those weapons are absolutely necessary for the upcoming fight against their sons and daughters enlisted in the United States Armed Forces. Or because the gun nuts are fantasizing about being Dirty Harry and fighting off all the bad guys at once. Or they will say that such weapons are needed to shoot the bad guy in a theater or on a playground, as if those venues packed with innocents are the places poorly trained 'marksmen' should spray more bullets around.

The gun nuts will tell you that there are no solutions to the national problem of gun violence. Why? Because they lack the imagination to divine one or they see no connection between guns and gun violence. They will tell you that law abiding citizens own guns and when those guns are used to take lives, those citizens are no longer law abiding and to cast aspersions on the law abiding is an infringement on their rights to own assault weapons.

Oh! And there is no such thing as an assault weapon! They'll dip a toe in the shallow pool of semantics to rationalize their gun lust.

Some folks have pleasant experiences with guns. Like little boys who have graduated from firecrackers, they love pumping out lead. But some folks have had tragic experiences with guns loosing sons, daughters and spouses to gun violence. But those unfortunate souls have no right to speak out about the gun nut's rights. It's intractability at its worst.

So, if you listen to the gun nuts, there's no solution to gun violence. And that's tantamount to saying that their right to own deadly weapons trumps the public's right to health and safety. Listen to the gun nuts. They'll tell you that we must accept the plague of gun violence as the cost of their lust for guns.

OK, genius. So you admit it is imposible to get rid of 300m guns in this country.
So what is your solution? Because everythig proposed by the Left has been a total failure
I'll tell you what my solution is, but know this: if everything proposed by "the Left" has been a failure, nothing proposed by "the Right" serves to do anything but add guns to the streets.

First, I propose a TOTAL ban on the manufacture, sale, possession, import, export, trade, swap or bequest of all weapons with semi-automatic firing systems and magazines capable of holding greater than ten rounds. If strawmen can cross state lines and buy mass quantities of such weapons because single states already ban them, make the program national.

A ban on all weapons with barrel lengths shorter than six inches. Ownership of bolt action rifles, pump action shot guns and revolvers should not be interfered with.

You would have to ban all machine shops as well. Also, I assume you would let the police maintain their own weapons, so basically you just want to put other civilians at a disadvantage.

OK, genius. So you admit it is imposible to get rid of 300m guns in this country.
So what is your solution? Because everythig proposed by the Left has been a total failure
I'll tell you what my solution is, but know this: if everything proposed by "the Left" has been a failure, nothing proposed by "the Right" serves to do anything but add guns to the streets.

You would have to ban all machine shops as well. Also, I assume you would let the police maintain their own weapons, so basically you just want to put other civilians at a disadvantage.

more than machine shops. most of these components can be milled at home with very basic equipment. there are jigs on the market today where you can make your own lower receivers and all you need is a drill press and a 3/8" milliing bit. The minute guns are banned the illegal manufacture of guns becomes big business. Gangs and the black market would love to see a total gun ban. the $35 billion a year industry now becomes theirs.

Then what?

banning any gun is a violation of constitutional rights. we are fully aware of the step by step approach being applied to eventually lead to a total gun ban

oh, right... of course 'we' are... :lol:

Ron+Paul+2012+Tin+Foil+Hat.jpg

Here's a video where illiterate tribesmen are making guns in tiny spaces, practically by hand.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGVianQJsmQ]Illegal Gun Market in Pakistan - YouTube[/ame]

Since no one is ever going to try to take your guns, this thread and every other one like it are entirely pointless.

"If we banned all guns"

We would be ripe for the pickin`; completely defenseless and asking to be taken.

Damn, then we'd have to come over and protect you.

[ame=http://youtu.be/4WcOcgc3WN4]Aboot Canadians - South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut (5/9) Movie CLIP (1999) HD - YouTube[/ame]

And I can't see that happening 'cause it's aboot respect.

Flag.jpg

:D

what does a ban, what do more restrictive laws really mean and what impact will they have?

I consider myself to be a law abiding citizen. if guns are banned, would i give up my guns? No.

Would I stop purchasing additional guns? No

Would I enhance my ability to make my own parts and ammunition? Yes

New York and Connecticut recently passed mandatory gun registrations. They estimate they got roughly 10% compliance. 90% of the law abiding citizens, myself included, said no to their unconstitutional demands. So myself and thousands of others are now technically fellons because some politicians decided to pass unconstitutional legislation. so they have a law with limited compliance. what did they really accomplish?

little by little elements of their laws are being challenged and mostly being eliminated. half the stuff they don't even have the ability to enforce yet. they banned the internet sale of ammunition. there was a drought for a few months. shelves were bare and the prices of ammo skyrocketed. but the black market stepped in and now you can get all the ammo you want. unregulated. not even a bill of sale to trace the purchase back to you. Building you own AR's Ak's or R700's is now the newest trend. you can't buy them in a regitered gun store, where a back ground check and record of sale would be conducted. So you ake your own. No registration, no background check, not even a serial number on the gun. No one knows who has what or what they have.

So what heve laws like the safe act really made safer? and if law abiding citizens who never intend to use thier guns for illegal intent are totally ignoring the laws, what do you thing criminals are doing?

No intelligent person thinks a total gun ban is feasible or practical.

No intelligent person is against common sense gun laws that prevent people who aren't capable of handling a gun from possessing one.

No intelligent person is against common sense gun laws that prevent people who aren't capable of handling a gun from possessing one.

obviously gun grabbers aren't very intelligent people

Missed the first line of the OP, eh?
What are "common sense gun laws"? People crowed the '94 AWB was common sense. It didnt do anythng but enrich some dealers. No one wants to see people who shouldn't own guns owning guns. The problem is how you pass a law outlawing stupidity, ignorance, and apathy.

obviously gun grabbers aren't very intelligent people

And Bigfoot is real. Let me know when you're ready to discuss reality.

Then what?

You start with a stupid and false assumption and then build an argument to destroy it. How about this assumption: What if conservatives cared about America and wanted to move it into the 21st century rather than backward into the 18th century. Or what about this one: What if conservatives believed it was wrong to cheat in elections. Or maybe, what if conservatives cared about others instead of just themselves.

Missed the first line of the OP, eh?
What are "common sense gun laws"? People crowed the '94 AWB was common sense. It didnt do anythng but enrich some dealers. No one wants to see people who shouldn't own guns owning guns. The problem is how you pass a law outlawing stupidity, ignorance, and apathy.

Common sense laws would involve mandatory hands on training, testing on a regular basis.
Tighter background checks on private sales.
Longer wait times for first time gun buyers.
No tolerance ownership policy for mental illness and convicted felons.

Those sort of laws would make sense in some iteration.

Forum List

Back