If we can't see an atom or a god, how do we 'prove' or 'disprove' these things exist, and do we even need proof?

If we can't see an atom or a god, how do we 'prove' or 'disprove' these things exist

But we CAN see an atom, and as far as God is concerned, he is known through faith or direct experience. You can't "prove" him to another unless they accept the context of your argument.

But we CAN see an atom, and as far as God is concerned, he is known through faith or direct experience. You can't "prove" him to another unless they accept the context of your argument.

Known through faith? Do you know the crazed claims throughout history that are based on that nonsense, let alone your own crazed claim?

Somehow, those who claim to know have to assume they've closed off or proven that there are no circumstances under which he could exist. Since we don't know squat about so much, that seems pretty arrogant.

You bet.

Sitting in a chair on small marble on the outer edge of a galaxy that has millions of stars.

That sits among millions of other galaxies.

And you can say you know there is no God.

I can not know prove there is a god. I do know there has never been a single iota of provable evidence that one exists.

Not sure how we got here. I've never claimed that if one cannot see something, it means that that something does not exist.
Ok. What you posited in your OP was a bit murky.

We can’t see atoms. That doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

I extrapolated. We can’t see air itself. But that doesn’t mean we can’t breathe the stuff.

The fact that we can’t see something doesn’t mean that it either doesn’t exist (obviously) nor that it does exist.

I can’t see God. But that doesn’t mean that God doesn’t exist.

All that said, I see things which (to me) suggest that there must be a God. But I readily acknowledge that I cannot prove it.

Somehow, those who claim to know have to assume they've closed off or proven that there are no circumstances under which he could exist. Since we don't know squat about so much, that seems pretty arrogant.
And you know its a 'He'? How is that?

Ok. What you posited in your OP was a bit murky.

We can’t see atoms. That doesn’t mean the don’t exist.

I extrapolated. We can’t see air itself. But that doesn’t mean we can’t breathe the stuff.

The fact that we can’t see something doesn’t mean that it either doesn’t exist (obviously) nor that it does exist.

I can’t see God. But that doesn’t mean that God doesn’t exist.

All that said, I see things which (to me) suggest that there must be a God. But I readily acknowledge that I cannot prove it.

Yes it was. Of course not being able to see a god, doesn't mean one doesn't exist. But where is the evidence one does? How can we test the premise?

You see things that suggest? In the mind, correct?

Forum List

Back