If we had the same Political system as the UK

Jessica-stormlover

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2021
If we had the same political system as the UK.
Joe Biden would be King with next to no powers.
and Kevin McCarthy would be prime minister. He'd form the government. The house would be the house of commons.
The senate would have a lot less power and would be called the house of lords.

Do you agree or disagree? I just was thinking about this as I've been watching UK's politics and stuff.

and Kevin McCarthy would be prime minister. He'd form the government. The house would be the house of commons.

Do you agree or disagree? I just was thinking about this as I've been watching UK's politics and stuff.

If the US had the same political system, Biden wouldn't be king, the king would have been hereditary, which means someone from George Washington had he been king would have passed on his position to.... well, he had no kids. So, here's a map of it all, but most likely some was or other would have resulted in a different king.

washington-family-tree-e1563478799707.png

If we had the same rate of representation in the House of Representatives as the UK has in the House of Commons, there would be 3,204 members of the House instead of the current 435.

then we like them would depend on others for our survival,,,

a really stupid idea,,,

I think McCarthy's government would fall every three weeks.

If we had the same rate of representation in the House of Representatives as the UK has in the House of Commons, there would be 3,204 members of the House instead of the current 435.
One of the reasons your system is so dysfunctional, representation hasn't kept pace with population. That's allowed your system to be captured by vested interests to a greater extent.

Or not.

Uk seems to have a great system
Nah, FPTP in constituency seats leads to a less representative legislature and government which is a large part of their problem, their government doesn't represent them. PR would help solve their problems, at least they'd be represented by themselves as a whole.

Same with the US, though your antediluvian constitution is a major stumbling block.

Forum List

Back