If you beat the devil in a dream is it real?

I read how St. Leufritus beat the devil, but he did so in real, I did only in dreams. I throw fire bombs (kinda like in Dragoon Ball Z and such movies) and punches at the devil in my dreams. I wonder if that means anything or it is just a dream?

Often, people react to temptations by becoming afraid of the devil, but I have seen very few who react with holy hatred and furiously fight against him. We should all strive to attain this holy wrath.When Satan approaches, we should be filled with anger and hatred, because the devil is the declared enemy of God and our souls. He wishes us every form of evil. Thus, when we are tempted, we should react with militant execration, like Saint Michael did.

Once, a friar called Saint Leutfridus from his cell to tell him that the devil was appearing in the chapel. Recognizing his old enemy, the saint ran to the Chapel and made the sign of the cross over the doors and windows, which closed, blocking all the exits.

Wisely, he captured the devil first, so that he could not get away.

Advancing towards the devil, the saint furiously beat him. The devil wanted to flee, but all the exits were blocked. Normally, he could have instantly left the body he had taken up, but apparently he had not permission to do so. God wanted to humiliate him further under Saint Leutfridus’ blows.

This is a splendid scene. The beating was physically given and spiritually felt, all under the Sign of the Cross. Just as the wicked souls are burned by Hell’s material fire, so too the devil’s soul was made to feel the saint’s blows.

Saint Leutfridus beat the body that was merely a doll of the devil.

Naturally, these blows tormented and humiliated the devil. We too can increase his torment. This is particularly excellent when Satan provokes an attack. Then, the counter-attack gives glory to Our Lady by showing that her children’s hatred of the devil is greater than his hatred of men.

God obliged the devil to flee by way of the belfry, so that he would feel his defeat more sensibly.

The devil was forced to flee by way of the tower, under the continued blows of Saint Leutfridus. We would love to have seen the saint deliver the final blow!

We can imagine the scene: Saint Leutfridus is an old man with white hair and a white beard, but still fit and possessing chestnut eyes. He is very strong and beats the devil with utter hatred, yet maintains perfect serenity. All the while, the devil’s doll, moaning and writhing, retreats from sight, by way of the belfry. The Saint Who Beat the Devil -

No such thing as a devil
The Devil is real. To have good there must be evil.

The problem is that "good" and "evil" are human concepts.

So, it's "evil" to kill people.

Unless of course the government tells you to do it, executions and war, for example.

The killing of the Jews was "evil", but then the government told people to do it, BUTTTTT..... it was the "wrong government". So, it has to be YOUR government or one YOUR government supports.

from 1933 to 1945 an estimated 6 million Jews died. "Evil"
Every year in the US billions of animals die every year and no one gives a flying fuck.

Killing animals is NOT "evil". It's perfectly acceptable.

So, while you can't have "good" without "evil", you can have something that is "good" from one person's perspective and "evil" from another's.

Which implies there no such thing as an evil dude walking around forcing people to commit "evil".
Killing is only for eating or self defense. Pretty simple. All other killing is evil.

Because we've decided this is the case.

Is a cat evil for killing a mouse which it has no intention of eating?

If the Nazis had eaten the Jews, would they have gone down as a nice, lovey dovey kind of people?

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
Dreams are just your brain dumping out miscellaneous garbage in no particular pattern.

I read how St. Leufritus beat the devil, but he did so in real, I did only in dreams. I throw fire bombs (kinda like in Dragoon Ball Z and such movies) and punches at the devil in my dreams. I wonder if that means anything or it is just a dream?

Often, people react to temptations by becoming afraid of the devil, but I have seen very few who react with holy hatred and furiously fight against him. We should all strive to attain this holy wrath.When Satan approaches, we should be filled with anger and hatred, because the devil is the declared enemy of God and our souls. He wishes us every form of evil. Thus, when we are tempted, we should react with militant execration, like Saint Michael did.

Once, a friar called Saint Leutfridus from his cell to tell him that the devil was appearing in the chapel. Recognizing his old enemy, the saint ran to the Chapel and made the sign of the cross over the doors and windows, which closed, blocking all the exits.

Advancing towards the devil, the saint furiously beat him. The devil wanted to flee, but all the exits were blocked. Normally, he could have instantly left the body he had taken up, but apparently he had not permission to do so. God wanted to humiliate him further under Saint Leutfridus’ blows.

This is a splendid scene. The beating was physically given and spiritually felt, all under the Sign of the Cross. Just as the wicked souls are burned by Hell’s material fire, so too the devil’s soul was made to feel the saint’s blows.

Naturally, these blows tormented and humiliated the devil. We too can increase his torment. This is particularly excellent when Satan provokes an attack. Then, the counter-attack gives glory to Our Lady by showing that her children’s hatred of the devil is greater than his hatred of men.

God obliged the devil to flee by way of the belfry, so that he would feel his defeat more sensibly.

The devil was forced to flee by way of the tower, under the continued blows of Saint Leutfridus. We would love to have seen the saint deliver the final blow!

We can imagine the scene: Saint Leutfridus is an old man with white hair and a white beard, but still fit and possessing chestnut eyes. He is very strong and beats the devil with utter hatred, yet maintains perfect serenity. All the while, the devil’s doll, moaning and writhing, retreats from sight, by way of the belfry. The Saint Who Beat the Devil -
It means you see yourself as fighting evil...your subconscious wants to fight something that you see as bad in your life or is fighting itself about something. Perhaps a bad childhood memory that it wants you to come to terms with and let go of or an issue it wants you to come to terms with as an adult. Try telling yourself before you go to bed, that you are a good person regardless of who your parents are and who you chose to be with.

I used to have dreams where I was being chased endlessly and couldn't get away no matter what I did from an unknown evil-----------these dreams would not stop until I turned and stood up to the "demons" that were chasing me telling them that I would no longer run from them. Around the same time, I changed in the real world a bit and went from very meek to starting to stand up for myself. I suspect that is what is happening with your dreams as well.

Last edited:
What one experiences is real. It is the only source or definition of the term. Thoughts are real, though leaving no physical trace in the immediate. They may result in changes to the physical world, with the intervention of hands and such. Dreams are, nonetheless, of the part of our being we erroneously refer to as unconscious, or subconscious. Attempting to examine too closely what emerges therefrom is not often productive. Allowing the symbolism of and emotional response to them be your guide is the soundest approach.

What one experiences is real. It is the only source or definition of the term. Thoughts are real, though leaving no physical trace in the immediate. They may result in changes to the physical world, with the intervention of hands and such. Dreams are, nonetheless, of the part of our being we erroneously refer to as unconscious, or subconscious. Attempting to examine too closely what emerges therefrom is not often productive. Allowing the symbolism of and emotional response to them be your guide is the soundest approach.

I dreamt I had inherited a million bucks, checked the bank, nothing.
Dreams are real ay? Go back to sleep.

Only 2 ever beat "the devil' ,
Archangel and a dude named Yeshua.
Mike just whipped the dog and locked the gate.
Yeshua, unlike a few politicos we all know about, refused the offer.
For political reasons "Mr. Devil" is allowed in front of the CEO for permissions to tempt certain individuals.It's sometimes granted.
ONLY when the CEO wants to check loyalty of staff

Only 2 ever beat "the devil' ,
Archangel and a dude named Yeshua.
Mike just whipped the dog and locked the gate.
Yeshua, unlike a few politicos we all know about, refused the offer.
For political reasons "Mr. Devil" is allowed in front of the CEO for permissions to tempt certain individuals.It's sometimes granted.
ONLY when the CEO wants to check loyalty of staff

Are you serious?

I read how St. Leufritus beat the devil
Oh. Not the devil himself but an actual human being who was allegedly possessed by the devil. There's no doubt a beating was administered, but the alleged crimes and identity of the captive remain undisclosed, along with all sorts of hideous tortures in the hidden catacombs, crypts, and fornices of the Roman Catholic Church throughout the Dark Ages which descended on Europe after the fall of the Roman Empire.

Forum List

Back