If You Like Opera --

It is a safe bet that none of the rock-and-roll and rap infused so-called judges could have told you
which opera that aria came from or who the composer was.

This young lady has a future, as long as it is not ruined by the noises popularly described nowadays as music.

This young lady has a future, as long as it is not ruined by the noises popularly described nowadays as music.
While I liked the Big Band sound of the '40s, and I enjoyed the music style (rock & roll, R&B) of the '50s era, much of which was melodic, relatively romantic, and pleasing, today's form of popular "music" called heavy metal is a clear indication of an underlying frantic insanity in contemporary American culture. As you've said, it isn't music it is noise -- literally.

As for little Amira Willighagen, her future depends on the effect her growth and physical maturation has on her vocal cords. She is only nine and soon will be subject to the vocal changes that attend adolescence. But right now she is an amazing phenomenon and an adorable little girl in every way. I hope we see her here in the U.S. very soon.

I would like to hear (and see) her and Jackie Evancho sing The Duet, from Lakme and/or The Barcarole.

Forum List

Back