Illegal Alien, Deported 16 Times, Gets One Year in Prison for Killing 64-Year-Old Colorado Man

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
What the actual hell is going on here? Isn't it obvious to all by now?

California giving illegal aliens $150,000 to buy a house which only has to be repaid if they sell teh house. Pelosi's simpering remarks about illegals and the American dream when asked about it, on and o.n

They hate you, they hate America. Harris-Walz are that on steroids.

An illegal alien from Mexico, deported 16 times from the United States, has been sentenced to just one year in prison for causing a crash that killed 64-year-old Scott Miller in Conifer, Colorado.

In June, 47-year-old Ignacio Cruz-Mendoza was arrested for vehicular homicide concerning the crash that killed Miller but the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office filed only misdemeanor traffic violation charges against the illegal alien.

Before prosecutors could file felony charges against him, Cruz-Mendoza pled guilty the following month to the traffic violations — making him eligible for just a one-year prison sentence for killing Miller.

“I’m mad because the most this man could get is a year for murdering my husband because the DA refused to charge him with more charges,” Deann Miller told local media.

According to the Colorado State Patrol, Cruz-Mendoza was driving a semi truck for the Indio, California-based Monique Trucking company on Highway 285 near Conifer when the vehicle veered off the road, causing the pipe and angle iron he was carrying to spill on top of five vehicles in his path.

In one of those vehicles was Miller, who was killed at the scene. Another driver in a separate vehicle suffered serious injuries as a result.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials confirmed that Cruz-Mendoza is an illegal alien who has been deported from the U.S. to Mexico a total of 16 times over the last two decades.

Cruz-Mendoza was first deported in May 2002 after he was arrested on local charges in Oregon the month before. Since then, he has been deported and has repeatedly returned to the U.S., likely through the nation’s porous southern border.

ICE officials have placed a detainer on Cruz-Mendoza, requesting custody of him when he is released from prison in Jefferson County.
(Me: Will the county hold him for IC Eor release him without notice?)​

California giving illegal aliens $150,000 to buy a house which only has to be repaid if they sell teh house. Pelosi's simpering remarks about illegals and the American dream when asked about it, on and o.n

An illegal alien from Mexico, deported 16 times from the United States, has been sentenced to just one year in prison for causing a crash that killed 64-year-old Scott Miller in Conifer, Colorado.
In June, 47-year-old Ignacio Cruz-Mendoza was arrested for vehicular homicide concerning the crash that killed Miller but the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office filed only misdemeanor traffic violation charges against the illegal alien.
Before prosecutors could file felony charges against him, Cruz-Mendoza pled guilty the following month to the traffic violations — making him eligible for just a one-year prison sentence for killing Miller.
“I’m mad because the most this man could get is a year for murdering my husband because the DA refused to charge him with more charges,” Deann Miller told local media.
According to the Colorado State Patrol, Cruz-Mendoza was driving a semi truck for the Indio, California-based Monique Trucking company on Highway 285 near Conifer when the vehicle veered off the road, causing the pipe and angle iron he was carrying to spill on top of five vehicles in his path.
In one of those vehicles was Miller, who was killed at the scene. Another driver in a separate vehicle suffered serious injuries as a result.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials confirmed that Cruz-Mendoza is an illegal alien who has been deported from the U.S. to Mexico a total of 16 times over the last two decades.
Cruz-Mendoza was first deported in May 2002 after he was arrested on local charges in Oregon the month before. Since then, he has been deported and has repeatedly returned to the U.S., likely through the nation’s porous southern border.
ICE officials have placed a detainer on Cruz-Mendoza, requesting custody of him when he is released from prison in Jefferson County. (Me: Will the county hold him for IC Eor release him without notice?)​

After his year is up or almost up, he should be prosecuted federally on the repeated illegal border jumping, and allowed to stay in the US in a Federal Prison a few more years, (as he obviously likes it in America) before getting kicked out of the country again.

Well, first, it's "up to 150K" and it hasn't been approved. You couldn't buy closet space in CA for $150K.

secondly, on the topic at hand. Um, okay, they've deported him 16 times. That tells me that simply deporting them isn't working. They can just come back.

What you need to do is get rid of the reasons why they come here. Which means strict workplace enforcement, a guest worker program to fill legitimate job needs, and an asylum court system that resolves cases quickly.

Well, first, it's "up to 150K" and it hasn't been approved. You couldn't buy closet space in CA for $150K.

secondly, on the topic at hand. Um, okay, they've deported him 16 times. That tells me that simply deporting them isn't working. They can just come back.

What you need to do is get rid of the reasons why they come here. Which means strict workplace enforcement, a guest worker program to fill legitimate job needs, and an asylum court system that resolves cases quickly.
The strict workplace enforcement would help. Employers should be held responsible, not to hire illegals. Fines in the millions and jail time for the owners, CEOs and CFOs should do the trick.

The strict workplace enforcement would help. Employers should be held responsible, not to hire illegals. Fines in the millions and jail time for the owners, CEOs and CFOs should do the trick.
I agree,

but we also need a system of strict eligibility identification, such as a national ID card.

The trick the undocumented have learned is that they get a stolen SSN, they work somewhere for six months, and then by the time SSA get back and says, "Hey, Bob Smith lives in Portland, OR, and he doesn't speak Spanish!"

The should be able to swipe an ID, have it pop up on a database with an image of what you look like.

It has passed both Houses of the CA Legislature, easily, so it has been approved and awaits Newsom's signature. And if Newsom vetoes it, the bill has a veto proof majority.

This case has nothing to do with [the Democrat wrecked] asylum system.

We don't need guest workers to do most work, and migrant workers (actual migrants - meaning they came to do work, then went back to their country of origin) were just fine.

It has passed both Houses of the CA Legislature, easily, so it has been approved and awaits Newsom's signature. And if Newsom vetoes it, the bill has a veto proof majority.

This case has nothing to do with [the Democrat wrecked] asylum system.

We don't need guest workers to do most work, and migrant workers (actual migrants - meaning they came to do work, then went back to their country of origin) were just fine.

Okay, but here's the problem with "Migrants"

Before you wingnuts started freaking out about it, Migrants would come up from Mexico in the spring, work the harvest season, and go back when it was over. They went back to their families and lived very well.

Because you clowns made crossing the border such a hassle, now they pay a Coyote to bring up the whole famiy and they just stay here.

I agree,

but we also need a system of strict eligibility identification, such as a national ID card.

The trick the undocumented have learned is that they get a stolen SSN, they work somewhere for six months, and then by the time SSA get back and says, "Hey, Bob Smith lives in Portland, OR, and he doesn't speak Spanish!"

The should be able to swipe an ID, have it pop up on a database with an image of what you look like.
I get you, but a national ID card makes me queasy. It should not take 6 months to red flag a fake or stolen SSN, but I don't know how that system works.

ICE officials have placed a detainer on Cruz-Mendoza, requesting custody of him when he is released from prison in Jefferson County. (Me: Will the county hold him for IC Eor release him without notice?)​

California doesn't give illegal aliens any money to buy a house.

After his year is up or almost up, he should be prosecuted federally on the repeated illegal border jumping, and allowed to stay in the US in a Federal Prison a few more years, (as he obviously likes it in America) before getting kicked out of the country again.
This is why my wife is in favor of simply having illegals rounded up and shot.

Using what to confirm???

Please continue

maxresdefault.jpg

Sounds a bit extreme, but I am sure she has her reason. Have you two, actually had personal problems with illegals, such as attack, robbery or drunken automobile accidents, or is it just the political climate?

Forum List

Back