Illinois governor strikes blow for taxapyers...q

:rolleyes: since when did your kind worry about votes and voters?

I'm not sure what "my kind" is. I used to be a Republican until I figured out that not being rich, they LITERALLY didn't care if I lived or died.
It may be a wake up call for you, but very few people care if you live or die,Republican or Democrat, rich or poor, liberal or conservative.

True, but the Democrats are on the side of working people, and the Republicans are on the side of the Rich.

That makes it a REALLY easy choice. I'm just not sure why it took me so long to figure it out.

(Actually, I do know exactly why, but it would take too long to explain.)

I'm not sure what "my kind" is. I used to be a Republican until I figured out that not being rich, they LITERALLY didn't care if I lived or died.
It may be a wake up call for you, but very few people care if you live or die,Republican or Democrat, rich or poor, liberal or conservative.

True, but the Democrats are on the side of working people, and the Republicans are on the side of the Rich.

That makes it a REALLY easy choice. I'm just not sure why it took me so long to figure it out.

It would not take long at all if you had any insight. Being bitter at perceived injustices is perfectly normal, in fact prisons are full of them. Having said that, it is also a matte of degree. What permeates your posts goes beyond normal reaction to a flailing to place the blame on others which can only be described as pathological.

It would not take long at all if you had any insight. Being bitter at perceived injustices is perfectly normal, in fact prisons are full of them. Having said that, it is also a matte of degree. What permeates your posts goes beyond normal reaction to a flailing to place the blame on others which can only be described as pathological.

Guy, I've probably accomplished more in my life than you have. So, nope, that isn't it at all.

If the economy were doing wonderful and I were struggling. Um... yeah, you'd have a really good case to make that I'm to blame for my own problems.

The Economy Sucks. It's pretty much sucked since 2001 when we made the mistake of putting the Plutocrats back in power. There was a period in the Mid-Oughts were it was a little better, but mostly it's sucked, and everyone I know is struggling.

In fact, quite the reverse, despite the problems, I'm weathering this storm pretty well. I landed a new job within two weeks of losing the old one, and my credit score is still up in the higher 700's, unlike most people.

But just because I'm managing to survive the disaster (so far) doesn't mean I'm not right to be pretty fucking angry at the people who perpetrated it.

NOt a matter of envy.

Matter of wanting to fix what's broke.

Oh, yeah, and 64 million American voters agreed with me...

You lose!

You're the loser sitting there consumed by envy and complaining that you have been mistreated your whole life but you never did anything about it did you?

Now you want to take what's not yours and justify it by saying the system is broken when all the while it's you who are defective.

Tell me if things were so bad where you worked and your employers were such pieces of shit why didn't you start your own business?

1) I do have my own side business.

And yet you constantly piss and moan about you douche bag employers. Why don't you man the fuck up, quit your job and work for yourself?

But you won't because then you'll have no one to blame for your situation other than yourself.

2) You don't beat the douchebags by becoming a douchebag.

Yes we already know that being the envious little sheep that you are you believe everyone with more money than you is a douche bag.

3) I am doing something about it. One of the things I'm doing is making sure I do all I can to beat people like Romney and Walsh and other Koch Brother Toadies.

No you're advocating taking the fruits of another's labor for yourself.

[

Um, nope.

if we had a distribution of labor based on the results of my labor, I'd be making six figures a year. That's how much I saved my company in improvements in processes, procedures and pricing in the last four years.

Instead of going to me, that money went to parasite investors, to prop up other sides of the business that are failing, etc.

And the thing is, I kind of like this company. Certainly better than the last guy who fired people when they got sick or pregnant.

But the notion that 1% gets 90% of the fruits is ridiculous, as they are certainly NOT doing 90% of the actual labor.

[

Um, nope.

if we had a distribution of labor based on the results of my labor, I'd be making six figures a year. That's how much I saved my company in improvements in processes, procedures and pricing in the last four years.

Instead of going to me, that money went to parasite investors, to prop up other sides of the business that are failing, etc.

And the thing is, I kind of like this company. Certainly better than the last guy who fired people when they got sick or pregnant.

But the notion that 1% gets 90% of the fruits is ridiculous, as they are certainly NOT doing 90% of the actual labor.

You agreed to sell your labor to an employer and then you whine that you don't like the agreement

The fault is yours no one else is to blame

[
and pigs have wings...:rolleyes:

my remark is clearly intended for you, ala the ideology you portray thru your posts, its funny how progressives rarely seem to understand just what they are ( or willfully hide it) and are trying to foist upon the rest of us.

I choose- mixed up. You are not very good at portraying the Marxist/Leninist ideology via code they practice to entrance the dupes, and don't have a clue as to how a free market capitalist society operates in Federal Republic either. Denial aint a river in Egypt.

RIght, in your moral universe, no one can change their minds.

Got it.

In mine, a conservative Republican can become a liberal when his boss tells him, hey. we are ltting you go because you ran up too many medical bills last year, and you didn't take a hint when we put you in a do-nothing position. Don't like it? Well, that's why I'm glad I don't have a union second-guessing my decisions.

Pretty much got me to rethink... well... everything.

It's not "marxist" or "leninist" to have some funny idea that managers, bosses and owners should do the right thing and not lie to their employees and not screw them over because they think they can get away with it.

Capitalism is Evil. Period. It has no redeeming virtues. Time for something better.

I rest my case:rolleyes:

NOt a matter of envy.

Matter of wanting to fix what's broke.

Oh, yeah, and 64 million American voters agreed with me...

You lose!

:rolleyes: since when did your kind worry about votes and voters?

you recommended these as examples using them as part of an argument (thats all over the place anyway) as to what happens when the evil rich control to much wealth;

The wealthy have too much, the rest of us have too little. This is never a good thing..

For reference, look up-

France 1787
Russia 1917
Cuba 1959
Iran 1979'

what do all of those revolution have in common? Was there a pluralistic voting apparatus in place that rendered any genuine elections ( not that that always matters as we see today ala Hamas and Morsi now) ....for god sakes can you not even make a coherent argument back stopping your own case?......Like I said , you're just mixed up, you don't even know what you are really arguing about, other than surface Occupy Wall Street 'light ' bullshit.

You agreed to sell your labor to an employer and then you whine that you don't like the agreement

The fault is yours no one else is to blame

NO, what I agreed to wasn't what they delivered... but that's what happens when you don't have unions to enforce agreements.

what do all of those revolution have in common? Was there a pluralistic voting apparatus in place that rendered any genuine elections ( not that that always matters as we see today ala Hamas and Morsi now) ....for god sakes can you not even make a coherent argument back stopping your own case?......Like I said , you're just mixed up, you don't even know what you are really arguing about, other than surface Occupy Wall Street 'light ' bullshit.

What they all had in common was a monied, wealthy class that was indifferent to the needs of the rest of society.

By your own argument, the Koch Brothers should sit down and shut up. They lost. Twice.

They won't though. They will use every trick to foul up the system.

They put Plutocracy on the ballot, and it lost.

Guy, I've probably accomplished more in my life than you have. So, nope, that isn't it at all.

If the economy were doing wonderful and I were struggling. Um... yeah, you'd have a really good case to make that I'm to blame for my own problems.

The Economy Sucks. It's pretty much sucked since 2001 when we made the mistake of putting the Plutocrats back in power. There was a period in the Mid-Oughts were it was a little better, but mostly it's sucked, and everyone I know is struggling.

In fact, quite the reverse, despite the problems, I'm weathering this storm pretty well. I landed a new job within two weeks of losing the old one, and my credit score is still up in the higher 700's, unlike most people.

But just because I'm managing to survive the disaster (so far) doesn't mean I'm not right to be pretty fucking angry at the people who perpetrated it.
You've probably accomplished more in your life than I have? Seriously? You know nothing about me besides the fact that I live in Prague and that I think you're a very bitter loser. Man up FFS!

[You've probably accomplished more in your life than I have? Seriously? You know nothing about me besides the fact that I live in Prague and that I think you're a very bitter loser. Man up FFS!

Guy, you live in Prague, that probably says it all.

[You've probably accomplished more in your life than I have? Seriously? You know nothing about me besides the fact that I live in Prague and that I think you're a very bitter loser. Man up FFS!

Well, you live in Chicago. Prague, on the other hand is not a shithole. You apparently know less about Prague than you do about me.

[

Um, nope.

Then why don't you start your own company?

Workers can complain all they want about not being paid enough, but very few actually have the initiative to do anything about it.

Well, you live in Chicago. Prague, on the other hand is not a shithole. You apparently know less about Prague than you do about me.

I'm sure it's a lovely old city just emerging from Communism.

My company calls it "the cheap labor hub of Europe"...

Hell, even Slovakia wanted to get away from you.

I'm sure it's a lovely old city just emerging from Communism.

My company calls it "the cheap labor hub of Europe"...

Hell, even Slovakia wanted to get away from you.
I thought you were the cheap labor of your company. There is no way I would live in a crime-infested shithole like Chicago, but I can well imagine it's a good place for you. You wouldn't like Prague. The beer is good and cheap and the women and city are beautiful, but the entitlements would not be to your liking. As a foreigner you would not qualify anyway. People are expected to work here.

It took that long for your psychosis to advance and the propaganda to sink into your limited understanding of this country...no charge for that:D

[

Then why don't you start your own company?

Workers can complain all they want about not being paid enough, but very few actually have the initiative to do anything about it.

You don't beat the douchebags by becoming a douchebag...

What if you treated your employees with dignity and respect? A lot of company owners do, you know.

I'd really like to have an educated discussion with you about reaching a compromise with workers and employers, but I see that your grasp of reality is very distorted. I can only assume you're a hard-core communist from your last statement. If so, you're in the wrong country pal. I'm sure you would've been much happier alongside Castro and his revolution in '59.

Last edited:
You are still free to work for yourself you know. Why do you feel the need to work for someone else and then say you have the right to walk off your job and not be fired?

And when I work for someone else, I expect them to keep their promises and not lie to me.

And frankly, if that's too much, then we need the government to make sure they keep their promises and not lie to me.

Unlike the time in 1995, when they ASSURED us that they were not closing down our plant after they opened a new plant in Milwaukee they had us come up and help them set up using MANDETORY overtime to do so. They closed down our plant in 1996, but they were out of business by 1997 because they couldn't serve the market as well.

Or the time in 2007, when I ran up a lot of medical bills, and they transfered me into a postion they knew would phase out in a year.

Now, if we had decent people running companies who didn't massively benefit from being dickweeds, who did the right thing instead of the profitable thing, we wouldn't need unions or government.

Sadly, that's not the way the world works. Oh, wait. No, much of the rest of the world DOES work that way. America doesn't - yet.

You're such a cry baby weenie.

Forum List

Back